One asp page calling several others.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One asp page calling several others.

I have the need for one ASP page to be able to process X number of other ASP pages. For ex. There are 10 check boxes and depending which check boxes are selected I process the checked asp pages. Anyone have an idea how I could approach this? TIA

-Rupp
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Can you elaborate on what you mean by process X number of other ASP pages? Do you mean if you select say 5 checkboxes you want to serve up a concatenation of 5 ASP outputs into one window? Do you have an example of what you want to accomplish?

Joe
    HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

Rupp -

Do you meran something similar to a Case statement - then process the applicable ASP?

Shawn

Comment

I have a group of 7 asp pages that I run to process some input data from a database. I need to run this group of 7 pages several times depending on the number of items selected. The way I currently do it is with a drop down list. I select the option I want on the first page and it proceeds to response.redirect to the first of seven pages. That page runs and proceeds to run pages 2 of 7, etc. When the 7th of 7 pages completes it redirects back to the start page. Rather than having to select another option from the drop down list I want to make them check boxes and eliminate the need of me having to manually select the next item from a list.

-Rupp
        πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

How about something like this?

When page 1 is submitted it creates some sort of run list or data array that defines which checkboxes were selected by the user. When you redirect to page 2 you pass into it this run list array by doing something like page2.asp?runarray="blahblahblah" When page 2 calls page 3 it passes the same run list array into it. You continue until page 7 calls page 1 and if page 1 sees a length associated with this run list array it strips the first piece of data out, does what it needs to do, and redirects to page 2 again. This continues until the run array is down to a length of 0 which means you stop and show page 1 with the checkbox choices again.

I don’t know if I’m explaining myself properly but what I’m trying to say is that you create a variable bag and that bag gets passed along from asp to asp and only asp 1 is able to take anything out of it. The other pages just pass the bag around.

I was thinking you might be able to just write out a file to disk that would define you run list however that would limit this asp package to only have one user.

Am I in the ballpark? Or am I playing a completely different sport?

Joe
          HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

... and I had thought about this same type of thing using a querystring with all the pages. I think I may do this with a session variable and as long as the session variable is not 0 in length continue processing. I was just hoping for something easier that didn't involve modifying the existing pages. Thanks for the help.

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
            X