No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good idea. I'm going to implement this. Currently finishing HS event support
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by joegrace13 View Post
      Running:
      npm update

Seems to have cleared this up. I'm not familiar with npm.
      Just in case others are still struggling as I have been to get basic Homebridge working:

Delete the directory node-modules and then run npm update to rebuild the entire library from source. That cleared up all my issues.

Comment

Here is attached a new version 0.6 of the HomeSeer platform.

- Added run HomeSeer event support. Each HomeSeer event is imported into HomeKit as a switch.

- Added Low Battery support for all sensors

- Added Battery Device support

Sample config for new features:

PHP Code:
             {

"platform""HomeSeer",              // Required

"name""HomeSeer",                  // Required

"host""http://192.168.3.4:81",     // Required - If you did setup HomeSeer authentication, use "http://user:password@ip_address:port"

"events":[                           // Optional - List of Events - Currently they are imported into HomeKit as switches

{

"eventGroup":"My Group",       // Required - The HomeSeer event group

"eventName":"My Event",        // Required - The HomeSeer event name

"name":"Test"                  // Optional - HomeSeer event name is the default

}
                 ],

"accessories":[                      // Required - List of Accessories

{

"ref":111,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference for your sensor

"type":"TemperatureSensor",     // Required for a temperature sensor

"temperatureUnit":"F",          // Optional - C is the default

"name":"Bedroom temp",          // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"batteryRef":112,               // Optional - HomeSeer device reference for the sensor battery level

"batteryThreshold":15           // Optional - If sensor battery level is below this value, the HomeKit LowBattery characteristic is set to 1. Default is 10

},
                    {

"ref":115,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference for a device holding battery level (0-100)

"type":"Battery",               // Required for a Battery

"name":"Roomba battery",        // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"batteryThreshold":15           // Optional - If the level is below this value, the HomeKit LowBattery characteristic is set to 1. Default is 10

}
                 ]
             } 

The list of supported types is the following:

PHP Code:
         Lightbulb         (can_dimonValueoffValue options)
         - 
        Fan               (onValueoffValue options)
         - Switch            (
        onValueoffValue options)
         - 
        Outlet            (onValueoffValue options)
         - 
        Thermostat        (temperatureUnitsetPointstatecontrol options)
         - 
        TemperatureSensor (temperatureUnit=C|F)
         - 
        ContactSensor     (0=no contact1=contact batteryRefbatteryThreshold option)
         - 
        MotionSensor      (0=no motion1=motion  batteryRefbatteryThreshold option)
         - 
        LeakSensor        (0=no leak1=leak  batteryRefbatteryThreshold option)
         - 
        LightSensor       (HomeSeer device value in Lux  batteryRefbatteryThreshold option)
         - 
        HumiditySensor    (HomeSeer device value in %  - batteryRefbatteryThreshold option)
         - 
        OccupancySensor   (0=no occupancy1=occupancy  batteryRefbatteryThreshold option)
         - 
        SmokeSensor       (0=no smoke1=smoke  batteryRefbatteryThreshold option)
         - 
        Battery           (batteryThreshold option)
         - 
        Door 

*EDIT* Attachement removed as it's now available from the homebridge repository
        Last edited by stipus; October 12, 2015, 06:13 PM.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Can you confirm the HomeSeer platform V0.6 new features work fine on your system ?

- thermostats ?
          - temperatureUnits ?
          - low battery status for all sensors...
          - HomeSeer event support

I need some user feedback before publishing this new code to the homebridge repository.

I would like to add lock support, but I have no lock myself. I need the HomeSeer device list for your locks, and for each device the list of HomeSeer device values... I already got one sample from madmax, but it's not enough to build lock support...

Best regards
          --
          stipus

Comment

As you speak testing with v0.6.
            Humidity sensors work fine.

I haven't seen low battery status working yet. Using Eve to test, but not for sure whether this app will display low battery status at all.

Comment

As far as I can remember, eve displays low battery status as a 0 / 1 characteristic for each sensor.

*EDIT* NO .... after testing with Eve, I can't see the low level indicator. I can read it from HMCatalog (the Apple sample App from the HomeKit SDK)
              --
              stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                The HomeSeer platform only reads the value.
                There must be a bug somewhere in the code...

Try to redownload the latest version of HomeSeer.js from the following URL:
                https://github.com/nfarina/homebridg...ms/HomeSeer.js

Comment

Great threat! Good to see that a homeseer plugin has reached the official Homebridge repository! A few months ago I putted together all dependancies in one package, to run it on a Windows platform. See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176045 for more information. That package was based on http://sourceforge.net/projects/homebridgeverawin32/. My setup is running for months now. I'm using Siri commands every day!

I will try to upgrade my Homebridge installation and create a single .zip file ready to run on every Windows pc.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyd75 View Post
                    Steps,
                    I did update to the latest version but still not getting the value any more ideas?
                    The response is,,,,,,, Got characteristic "current temperature" Value: Nan
                    1) Can you post a config.json extract for your Temperature Sensor.

2) Can you post the result of:

PHP Code:
                    http://your_hs_server_ip_address/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=your_temp_sensor_hs_device_ref 
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by ewillems View Post
                      Great threat! Good to see that a homeseer plugin has reached the official Homebridge repository! A few months ago I putted together all dependancies in one package, to run it on a Windows platform. See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176045 for more information. That package was based on http://sourceforge.net/projects/homebridgeverawin32/. My setup is running for months now. I'm using Siri commands every day!

I will try to upgrade my Homebridge installation and create a single .zip file ready to run on every Windows pc.
                      Would love to know how that worked out. I was able to get only so far with the Vera 32bit package before I ran into broken sub-dependencies. Since I was unable to rebuild from source (crappy toolchain) I ended up bagging Windows and running on a VirtualBox Linux install (much easier)

Comment

Originally posted by ewillems View Post

That would be great ! I tried to compile homebridge for hours on my Windows server without success...
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

1) Can you post a config.json extract for your Temperature Sensor.

2) Can you post the result of:

PHP Code:
                          http://your_hs_server_ip_address/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=your_temp_sensor_hs_device_ref 
                          Heres what I get when I go to http://192.168.1.100/JSON?request=getstatus&ref=28

Comment

Originally posted by tommyd75 View Post
                            The HttpThermometer accessory is not done by me, and is not part of the HomeSeer platform.
                            I don't think it's compatible with HomeSeer. *EDIT* I had a look at the code, and I'm 100% certain it's not compatible with HomeSeer.

You should use the HomeSeer platform for a HomeSeer temperature device

The configuration for a temperature sensor looks like this:

PHP Code:
                             {

"host""http://192.168.3.4:81",     // Required - If you did setup HomeSeer authentication, use "http://user:password@ip_address:port"

{

"ref":111,                      // Required - HomeSeer Device Reference for your sensor

"name":"Bedroom temp",          // Optional - HomeSeer device name is the default

"batteryRef":112,               // Optional - HomeSeer device reference for the sensor battery level

"batteryThreshold":15           // Optional - If sensor battery level is below this value, the HomeKit LowBattery characteristic is set to 1. Default is 10

}
                                     ]
                                 } 
                            Then using any IOS HomeKit application, you can add the sensor to a room, and you can ask SIRI: "What's the <room_name> temperature ?"
                            --
                            stipus

Comment

The HttpThermometer accessory is not done by me, and is not part of the HomeSeer platform.
                              I don't think it's compatible with HomeSeer. *EDIT* I had a look at the code, and I'm 100% certain it's not compatible with HomeSeer.

You should use the HomeSeer platform for a HomeSeer temperature device

The configuration for a temperature sensor looks like this:

PHP Code:
                               {

{

}
                                       ]
                                   } 
                              Then using any IOS HomeKit application, you can add the sensor to a room, and you can ask SIRI: "What's the <room_name> temperature ?"
                              Stipus,I tried using the Homeseer method and I get this.

.getCharacteristic(Characteristic.CurrentTemperature).setPro ps(
                              TypeError: undefined is not a function ^

My config file looks like this.....

{
                              "ref":28,
                              "type":"TemperatureSensor",
                              "temperatureUnit":"F",
                              "name":"Bedroom temp"

},

Comment

Are you certain you have the latest HomeSeer.js in the homebridge/platforms directory ?
                                --
                                stipus

Comment

Working...
                                X