No announcement yet.

Charts Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normally with a chart, if there is no data then the point is not shown, is my experience...
    That is also a solution.
    With a bar chart that is the case, no data = no bar. With a line chart it is not quite as simple. Where do you make the line go at the point when the data stops? Do you stop the line at the last recorded data point, leave a gap and then resume at the next recorded point?

I suppose the positive side of the line dropping right down to the bottom of the chart is that you can immediately see that something was wrong at that time.

As I said before, it is possible that the missing points can be filled with calculated values from the nearest values, but I can see more problems with this approach. If there is a prolonged period (e.g. 12 hours or so) without data then I think filling the values based on other records will not really be a suitable solution.

Perhaps Bert may take out the updater message and then this issue shouldn't occur too many times.

Paul..

Comment

Sorry, the next update will not have this message box.

Comment

Excellent!
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

ok so im still getting that temperary web server error... give it 30 minutes or so and it is fine.. really weird..

anyway....
          I also for some reason still have the yellow chartdirector license bar... however it was not there earlier... It comes and goes...

although this is sooo what I was looking for... now I can see my temps.. once I got my attic temps off to a different tab, now I have a wave to my temps.... before with the attic temps it compressed everything too much...

now I have to figure out how to get my house more efficient... my ac unit runs a good bit and the upstairs is hot.... while the basement is nice and cold......
          Attached Files
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I also for some reason still have the yellow chartdirector license bar... however it was not there earlier... It comes and goes...
            Jeff,

The ChartsHome.aspx page is used to validate the license for Chart Director. If this page is not loaded first, then you will get the yellow banners.

I know there are users who want to direct-link to some of the pages, so in the next version I will fix this issue.

I suppose the scaling of the temp charts is not to everyone's liking. In V2, I am trying to make all the scaling user configurable.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
              Jeff,

The ChartsHome.aspx page is used to validate the license for Chart Director. If this page is not loaded first, then you will get the yellow banners.

I know there are users who want to direct-link to some of the pages, so in the next version I will fix this issue.

I suppose the scaling of the temp charts is not to everyone's liking. In V2, I am trying to make all the scaling user configurable.

Paul..
              sweet man... I am super pleased with the charts....
              I have a 310mhz unit too.. was hoping it is a slave unit but doesnt appear that way... so have to send it over to cheapertronics for an update.... so then I can use it in place of my w800....

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by Chak View Post
                Paul,
                Thanks for the update.
                Your charts application is making HS / RFXcom complete

Tip:
                The first load can be slow because of compiling the aspx pages.
                If your HS machine has sufficient memory you can use the Jon00 ASPx Quick Page Loader. I'm running this every 20 min on my HS machine.
                This will speed up the charts pages
                You need to define every page in the ini settings of the pageloader
                for download check Jon00 forum part.

my ini file
                [Settings]
                Logging=1

URL1=/updater/updater.aspx
                URL2=/tenHsServer/tenHsServer.aspx
                URL3=/netcam/netcam.aspx
                URL4=/RFXCharts/ChartsHome.aspx
                URL5=RFXCharts/WeatherHome.aspx
                URL6=/RFXCharts/Enviro1H.aspx
                URL7=/RFXCharts/Enviro2H.aspx
                URL8=/RFXCharts/Enviro3H.aspx
                URL9=/RFXCharts/WeightD.aspx
                URL10=/RFXCharts/SecViewSens.aspx
                URL11=/RFXCharts/SecViewAcr.aspx
                URL12=/RFXCharts/UtilityH.aspx
                so if I did this... but only used some of them....as I dont need all.. my issue would go away.. or wait for version 2.....

Comment

so if I did this... but only used some of them....as I dont need all.. my issue would go away.. or wait for version 2.....
                  Jeff,

This is a different issue. Jon's quick page loader makes the aspx pages load faster. It will not affect the yellow banners. If you include ChartsHome.aspx in the list of url's then your issue should be resolved.

Just to clarify.
                  I currently have 2 projects on the go, Charts V1 and V2.
                  V1 is the one that is currently available and V2 is still in develpoment (about 80% done). I am actively working on both versions although V2 is some way off being finished because I am short of time just now. It is likely that I will support both versions once V2 is done.

V1 makes use of the existing RFXCom database and the 1 hour recording interval and can be used as an upgrade to the standard RFXCom Db and charts.

V2 will be a complete re-write and will use a new database structure and recording system, therefore this will be a new install and there will be no upgrade path from either V1 of my charts or the standard RFXCom charts.

I did look at trying to include an upgrade from V1 or the standard RFXCom charts, but there are so many differences it would just take too long to produce.

Paul..

Comment

V1.0.6.5 Security Sensor Summary

Paul,
                    The latest version is working fine security summary view is a good add on.

I sit possible to make the devices in the summary view clickable?
                    so that the times of the selected device is displayed

Comment

Chak,

Someone asked me to do the security summary and there were a few other corrections to make so I just sneaked out that version without making a fuss.

I did create some charts for the security sensors but I just couldn't seem to get them to look right and I am short of time just now to mass around with it.

I am just finishing off the clickable summary so you can expand to see all sensor activity.

Paul..

Comment

@Paul,
                        sounds good...

Comment

I think this has been mentioned before but I can't seem to find the answer...

But it would be great if there could be a way to save or export the graphs, say every hour for some (for the temperature graphs, see my screenshot above) and every 15 (adjustable?) for some (like the weather panels).

These should be saved to image files, so that I can create a website on my apache server that displays the temperature and weather settings.

The reason I want is is that I don't want to use the guest function! I don't even want people I don't know to see that I use HomeSeer.'

And a "specifically designed" and simple HTML page would be easier for guests to read.
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Moskus,

The 1 hour recording interval limitation with the current charts is just not accurate enough for weather information.

My V2 charts will have user configurable recording intervals which although will generate more data, will also produce much more accurate chart results.

I did intend building a more comprehensive weather page for V2 (a sort of virtual weather station console with min, max trends etc), but I'm not sure that I will ever get to the stage of exporting the images etc.

There is software out there that can do this stuff already, (I think most weather stations come with cut-down versions) so there seems little point in re-inventing the wheel as it were.

Paul..

Comment

I've got some custom charts where I save a jpg using chartdirector. I do this in a vb.net script and let it run every hour. Must be easy to implement I guess:
                              Code:
                              c.makeChart("C:\Program Files\Cinemar\Content\HSImages\tempcharts.jpg")
                              I'm displaying these charts in my mainlobby setup.

Comment

I know there is software out there that can do this, but:
                                1) Why run two programs when one is enough? It saves processor time and maintenance time!

2) I don't know, but I figured it would be easy to just save the beautiful meters and charts you've made.

Comment

Working...
                                X