Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used this plug-in for HSTouch? Does it give you much more then the RSS feed now in Touch? Are there any already setup displays to use in HSTouch?

Comment

I do use some of the info from this plug-in on my HSTouch screens, I also use info from WeatherXML, BLWeather and the built in RSS feeds. Using them all I get a pretty complete weather picture/history. Each of those pull from different sites/sources and each provide just a little different take on the data.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Device value shows 0...

I'm using HS PRO 2.4.0.6 and UBW plugin 1.0.3681.37163.

From earlier posts it seams to me like the devices UWB creates should have device values in them after a certain update to the plugin.

My S1 Temperature device still show device values = 0

All the other devices shows the device value correct, but the temperature device has the following properties:

Value: 0
        String: -12*C

Could it be an issue with the fact that the string is a negative number in this case?

EDIT:

Update: I checked the Highs and Lows Temperature devices and they have the following properties:

Value: -4
        String: -4*C

So that shoots down my theory about the negative number causing this.

I also tried to delet and recreate the S1 Temperature device, but still it does not show a Device Value.
        Last edited by Sleepy81; February 22, 2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I tried to investigate further, and got some changes, but sadly for the worse

I tried to add other stations, thinking that it might have something to do with the source data. I added Oslo, Norway and Los Angeles, CA, USA.

Both temperature devices for these locations also have the same problem.

I then deleted the S1 Temperature Lows device, that was working fine, reporting it's device value. However after readding it, the device value on S1 temperature Lows went to 0!

So I deleted all the devices and readded Station 1. I then readded all the devices, and now, none of them are displaying the device value properly.

Also played around with "multiply device value by 100", but that did not seam to make any differance.

Comment

This is the debuging log when I try to readd the S1 Temperature device:

22.02.2010 14:58:21 UltraWeatherBug Debug Entered GenPage() function.
              22.02.2010 14:58:22 UltraWeatherBug Debug Verification of base IO code '[' for device class 'BaseClass' complete. Code currently in use.
              22.02.2010 14:58:22 UltraWeatherBug Debug Verification of base IO code '^' for device class 'UWB1' complete. Code currently in use.
              22.02.2010 14:58:25 UltraWeatherBug Debug Entered GetSetting() function.
              22.02.2010 14:58:25 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station1, Key: StationName, Value: Bodo Vi Airport [Bodo Vi]
              22.02.2010 14:58:25 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station2, Key: StationName, Value:
              22.02.2010 14:58:25 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station3, Key: StationName, Value:
              22.02.2010 14:58:25 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station4, Key: StationName, Value:
              22.02.2010 14:58:25 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station5, Key: StationName, Value:
              22.02.2010 14:58:28 UltraWeatherBug Debug Entered GetNextFreeDeviceCode() function.
              22.02.2010 14:58:28 UltraWeatherBug Debug Verification of base IO code '^' for device class 'UWB1' complete. Code currently in use.
              22.02.2010 14:58:28 UltraWeatherBug Debug Creating New WeatherBug device: S1 Temperature
              22.02.2010 14:58:29 UltraWeatherBug Debug Entered GetSetting() function.
              22.02.2010 14:58:29 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station1, Key: StationName, Value: Bodo Vi Airport [Bodo Vi]
              22.02.2010 14:58:29 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station2, Key: StationName, Value:
              22.02.2010 14:58:29 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station3, Key: StationName, Value:
              22.02.2010 14:58:29 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station4, Key: StationName, Value:
              22.02.2010 14:58:29 UltraWeatherBug Debug Section: Station5, Key: StationName, Value:
              22.02.2010 15:01:50 UltraWeatherBug Debug Getting live weather from: http://a7679297786.api.wxbug.net/get...1&OutputType=1
              22.02.2010 15:01:51 UltraWeatherBug Debug Locally generated SetDeviceValue for ^6 to 43, triggers True
              22.02.2010 15:06:51 UltraWeatherBug Debug Getting live weather from: http://a7679297786.api.wxbug.net/get...1&OutputType=1
              22.02.2010 15:06:52 UltraWeatherBug Debug Locally generated SetDeviceValue for ^3 to -13, triggers True
              22.02.2010 15:06:52 UltraWeatherBug Debug Locally generated SetDeviceValue for ^19 to -23, triggers True
              22.02.2010 15:06:52 UltraWeatherBug Debug Locally generated SetDeviceValue for ^4 to 52, triggers True
              22.02.2010 15:06:52 UltraWeatherBug Debug Locally generated SetDeviceValue for ^7 to 29, triggers True

It seams like the devices get the DeviceValue updated after a while...

How is the device value updated in the virtual devices? Is it only updated upon change to the string? I.E when first adding a device the device value will stay at 0 until there has been a change/delta value to the string?
              Last edited by Sleepy81; February 22, 2010, 09:26 AM.

Comment

After logging for a few hours, I can see that the only device not reviceing a device value update is S1 Temperature.

All the other devices that is supposed to have a device value gets a "Locally generated SetDeviceValue" entry in the log.

There are no SetDeviceValue entries for the S1 Temperature device.

Any ideas?

Comment

Can you provide your weather bug location so I can attempt to duplicate?

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Comment

Tried it with Dallas, TX, USA now and it's the same problem. For Dallas (Station 2) I do get device values for "S2 Temperature low" and "S2 Temperature High", but I never get a device value for "S2 Temperature"

Comment

I just noticed something else.

The Temperature devices are the only devices containing decimal values.

For example:

S1 Temperature: -14.0
                        S1 Temperature Lows: -15
                        S1 Temperature Highs: -13

Lows and Highes have no decimals and update the device value correctly.
                        Temperature has a decimal value and the device value is not updated.

Could it be a decimal problem?

Comment

It is possible the IsNumeric() check may be failing on your computer. Does your computer use a period or a comma for decimal places? To confirm, go to Control Panel / Regional and Language Options.
                          Last edited by Ultrajones; February 23, 2010, 05:18 PM.
                          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Install Problem - Config page not working

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                            I am sorry to hear you are having trouble installing the plug-in. HomeSeer has a terrible time properly installing plug-ins using ASPX web pages when run as a service. Do you know how to temporarily switch to a non-service to install the plug-in?

If not, try stopping the service, then manually downloading the following file, unzip it, then manually run the setup.exe, then restart the Homeseer service.

http://www.automatedhomeonline.com/H...3582.28422.zip

Please let me know if that method works ...

[EDIT] Fixed download link ...

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Hi Ultrajones,

I'm still haven't gotten this working, can post a link to the updated file?

Gary

Comment

It's available via the HomeSeer updater. You can mark it for download to download the latest setup file, then:

1) Shutdown HomeSeer.
                              2) Change directory to C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\Updates2\Zips
                              3) Find the zip file related to UltraWeatherBug and unzip it.
                              4) Run setup.exe. If the program seems to hang, move the window to see if the configuration window is hidden waiting for input.
                              5) When the setup finishes, restart Homeseer and ignore any errors related to the install of UltraWeatherBug. If the setup re-launches, just cancel the install.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                                It is possible the IsNumeric() check may be failing on your computer. Does your computer use a period or a comma for decimal places? To confirm, go to Control Panel / Regional and Language Options.
                                Its using a comma sign (standard on Norwegian setups...).

I changed it to a period sign and have gotten a few live weather update entries in the log now, but still no update to the S1 Temperature Device Value...

Also investigated a little more, and noticed that the preassure is also reported with decimal values (millibars).

S1 Pressure: Device String: 992.89 Device Value: 1000
                                S1 Pressure High: Device String: 994.92 Device Value: 0
                                S1 Pressure Low: Device String:992.89 Device Value: 0

So these devices also have decimals, but behave different than the S1 Temperature device.
                                S1 Pressure seams to just "round up" to nearest value devidable by 100.
                                S1 pressure High behaves like "expected" with regards to S1 Temperature.
                                But the strangest thing is that S1 Pressure Low has the same string value as S1 Pressure, but the device value is completly different...
                                Last edited by Sleepy81; February 23, 2010, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X