Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the calender description and user in a handler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the calender description and user in a handler?

Bob,

Yesterday I have finally installed the latest version of BLGData, did not test more after my last test with the trigger in Handlers. I noticed the trigger is now working correctly. So I am trying to make use of that, but I think the handler is not holding information on the calendar event triggering the handler?

Is this true and should I write a script to find the user/calendar event myself or is there a way to use the user and calendar object in the handler itself? I am a bit confused with the documentation as it is explaining the handler and then jumps to the objects. So I am hoping the objects are addressable inside the handler?

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Explain in detail exactly what you are trying to do
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Bob,

I would like to announce the subject of an appointment with a handler.

Maybe with variables it is possible?
      Something like HS[Speak~"$$BLGDATA:user.name$$: You have an appoinment named $$BLGDATA:calendar.subject$$" in $$BLGDATA:calendar.location$$ at $$BLGDATA:calendar.time$$ ]

Don't mind the syntax I am using, any other will do too. This way I could speak or send the warning by mail or to other plugins with the details on why the handler is triggering.

Thanks Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

It definitely does not do that now.
        Put in a feature request on my site
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          It definitely does not do that now.
          Put in a feature request on my site
          Bob,

I have put the feature request in more then a year ago. Any chance it will be honoured?

Thanks,

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

I have a lot of feature requests
            I have not done many feature requests as I am working to get my system back up and running since we moved to a new house
            I will get back to doing more feature requests as soon as I can
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

This is a feature I really want. Specifically to do notifications when an event is coming up or to do a "events/appointments happening today" notification in the morning.

I've started my demo over (thanks support! ), but this is my main use case for this plugin.

Comment

Working...
              X