X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRing

This plugin will allow you to interface with your Ring doorbell
    Consider this BETA

On the options page you can specify how often the plugin will check the Ring for motion or rings.

The plugin is now in the HS3 updater
    Last edited by Blade; March 24, 2017, 03:58 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Thanks for making this!

I installed it and initialized. I can see my videos just fine.

I created a test event to announce the door bell rung when someone rings it, but the event didn't fire. Is there something else I need to do in the setup?
    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
    Way2 Call
    Elk M1 Gold
    UPB HAI switches
    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

What do you have your polling set to?
      I have mine set to 5 seconds

If yours is set low like mine then capture a debug log of it not capturing the ring, then disable debug logging and attach it zipped
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

So far so good for me. No triggers yet but the device reporting and activity are working great

Comment

motion alert

do animals easily trigger camera. I know the nest cam can differentiate How about the RING? Are you using Ring for all outdoor cameras or just for door?

thanks
          Chris

Comment

Working great!

I have 2 different ring doorbells in 2 different states.
            They both have videos and motion for the yesterday and today on the Ring website and my phone app; but only one of the rings shows any activity in your plugin, this is hierarchically the first in the list?

Request for video thumbnail for activity 'links'....

Comment

Ok so I got the plug in up and running I can see motion videos in the plug in but not sure how to create events when the doorbell rings is there a device that updates with the door bell is pressed. I have my polling set to 5 seconds. I only have devices for online, firmware,battery, address, time zone and volume.

There is no device that triggers when the door bell rings am I missing something

Thanks Ken
              HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

There should be an event trigger
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                  There should be an event trigger
                  Ok I found the trigger and Have the event setup but it doesnt trigger when door bell rings
                  HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

How often are you polling the ring on the options page?
                    There is no immediate trigger when the Ring sees motion or a ring event so I have to process them on the polling of it

If you do a motion trigger, does that work? I am wondering if it is something with the ring trigger only
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

How often are you polling the ring on the options page?
                      There is no immediate trigger when the Ring sees motion or a ring event so I have to process them on the polling of it

If you do a motion trigger, does that work? I am wondering if it is something with the ring trigger only
                      Blade

I originally has the polling set to 5 sec then I went down to 2 sec with still no luck. It is both the motion and the ring

Comment

OK capture me a debug log of them both not triggering
                        2 separate logs would be good. Delete the logs in between tests
                        Attach them zipped
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

OK capture me a debug log of them both not triggering
                          2 separate logs would be good. Delete the logs in between tests
                          Attach them zipped
                          Blade here are the logs

Thanks
                          Attached Files

Comment

I just setup a quick event here for motion and it triggered fine
                            What does yours look like?
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Blade,

My event is really simple. On ring, play audio file, speak someone is at the front door

Comment

Working...
                              X