JowiHue Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JowiHue Crashing

I have updated HS 3 with HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.313 (Windows) and then JowiHue to 1.1.2.8.
    After the update the plugin crash everytime and then Windows shuts down the cmd window.

I have attached screen prints and log file from HS3.

I hope you can help me.
    Attached Files

In the startup log file there is a pointer to the issue:

17-03-2017 14:00:01 ~!~JowiHue~!~Error: (UpdateBridgeCache):Is Bridge CLV19 reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This is most often caused by the presence of a file called "Newtonsoft.Json.dll" in the installation directory of HS3. You will need to remove this file (after stopping HS3) and then restart HS3 and the plugin.
    Maybe you have installed a plugin that is using the file in the installation directory. The plugin owner should change the plugin to place the dll in the correct subdirectory under the bin directory.

I have not tested the new version of HS3 yet btw.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      In the startup log file there is a pointer to the issue:

17-03-2017 14:00:01 ~!~JowiHue~!~Error: (UpdateBridgeCache):Is Bridge CLV19 reachable? Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This is most often caused by the presence of a file called "Newtonsoft.Json.dll" in the installation directory of HS3. You will need to remove this file (after stopping HS3) and then restart HS3 and the plugin.
      Maybe you have installed a plugin that is using the file in the installation directory. The plugin owner should change the plugin to place the dll in the correct subdirectory under the bin directory.

I have not tested the new version of HS3 yet btw.

Thanks,

Wim
      It make no change. Still same error.

Comment

nbm,

That leaves me with a few questions:

Did you have the file in the installation directory?
        In which other directories else do you see the same file still present?

After restarting HS3, did you still get the same line in the startup log? Or is there a different message?

Did you install a extra plugin with the upgrade of HS3 and JowiHue?

Because if it worked before, it should not stop working only by the upgrade alone. More has happend?

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

nbm,

That leaves me with a few questions:

Did you have the file in the installation directory?
          In which other directories else do you see the same file still present?

After restarting HS3, did you still get the same line in the startup log? Or is there a different message?

Did you install a extra plugin with the upgrade of HS3 and JowiHue?

Because if it worked before, it should not stop working only by the upgrade alone. More has happend?

Wim
          The file is also available in ImperiHome and XBMC.

It gives the same error after trying you tip.

I updated first the HS3 but then the jowihue plugin chashed. Then I saw there where an update on the jowihue plugin and hoped that it will fix my problem.

Comment

nbm,

Is this file missing in the /bin/JowiHue directory maybe? In that case install the plugin again, over the existing one. this should also create the newtonsoftjson file again. That would explain why it is not working?

Thanks,

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

nbm,

Is this file missing in the /bin/JowiHue directory maybe? In that case install the plugin again, over the existing one. this should also create the newtonsoftjson file again. That would explain why it is not working?

Thanks,

Wim
              The file is in the directory /bin/JowiHue and i have tryed reinstall the plugin without help.

Comment

Then I have only two options I can think of:

Can you check if the file HSPI_JowiHue.exe.config exists in the installation directory of HS3?

Did you maybe copy another version of the Newtonsoft.Json.dll to the directory /bin/JowiHue? It is version dependant, so if there is a different version it will generate the same message?

Thanks,

Wim
                -- Wim

Comment

Then I have only two options I can think of:

Can you check if the file HSPI_JowiHue.exe.config exists in the installation directory of HS3?

Did you maybe copy another version of the Newtonsoft.Json.dll to the directory /bin/JowiHue? It is version dependant, so if there is a different version it will generate the same message?

Thanks,

Wim
                  The HSPI_Jowihue.exe config is in the directory.

I have not copy and another Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the diretory.

Is there a way to complete uninstall the plugin? So that im secure that all the files are delete and the plugin can start from new.

Comment

Can anyone help
                    Is there a way to complete uninstall the plugin? So that im secure that all the files are delete and the plugin can start from new.

Comment

Error: (BridgesFillByDevice):Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

The message i get.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Any news anyone??
                        I asked the same question in another thread... how to remove JowiHue completely? It looks like the last HS3 update is the problem for both of us but seriously any proper support would be appreciated. I paid for that plugin and it's not usable for now...

Comment

Hi,
                          If I put a file with this info in it:
                          [Bridge]
                          Ipaddress=192.168.30.20
                          Nothing in the logs except that NO BRIDGE IS FOUND

If I put this info in it :
                          [Bridge]
                          Ipaddress=<192.168.30.20>
                          I see this in the logs :
                          Error: (Bridgescan):Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
                          May-16 22:07:45 JowiHue Debug: (BridgeCheckIP) IP address <192.168.30.20> not responding: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
                          May-16 22:07:45 JowiHue Warning: Found IP in INI file, checking if it is a valid address

Second error message looks like it's the plugin interpreting the <192.168.30.20> like a hostname so he tries to resolve it ; it's probably more the syntax like the first try that should be used...

Anyways please some guidance is required...
                          Last edited by jpsavaria; May 16, 2017, 09:26 PM. Reason: incomplete

Comment

No firewall, same subnet, the HOMESEER application runse at 192.168.30.25 and the bridge is at 192.168.30.20.
                            The bridge is reachable from the homeseer Windows 7 station, it should be discovered. Nothing changed in the network, only the HS3 version and maybe the JowieHue plugin no even sure.

Comment

Originally posted by nbm View Post
                              Error: (BridgesFillByDevice):Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

The message i get.
                              NBM,

Sorry for the late response here. Was not able to spend time behind a computer for quite some time now. Am back now.
                              The error you are seeing her is definitally something with the DLL. Are you usng a update path statement in your system maybe?

What you could try (and have to undo afterwards) is stopping HS3, copying the Newtonsoft.Json.dll from the /bin/JowiHue directory to the HS3 installation directory. then start HS3. See if JowiHue then normally starts.
                              Chances are that Imperihome and XBMC stat complaining, so you really need to undo that after testing...

Let me know how you are doing?

Thanks,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X