Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POP connection to gmail

Hi,

Has anyone got HS2 to connect to Gmail's POP interface?

If so, what settings do I need to use as I cant get it to work.

Thanks

Paul

You can't.

GMAIL POP doesn't use the regular ports 25 and 110 to communcate with their server and you can't currently pick other ports for HS to check unless you use a MAPI client like Outlook or Outlook Express.

~Bill

Comment

Hi,

Does that mean I can set up Outlook as a conduit for HS to check my gmail account?

If so how do you configure HS to connect to Outlook?

Or is it just a non-runner altogether?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

If you set up outlook and leave it running then simply select the mapi option on HS it will look in outlook express by default.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for that, i now have Outlook Express connecting to my gmail and have set HS to use MAPI.

However I am getting the following error in the logs:

05/11/2005 23:34:02 Error Logon Failure for mail system: Login has failed
          05/11/2005 23:34:02 Info Attempting to login using username: Outlook ...
          05/11/2005 23:43:20 Info Logon Failure for mail system with profile name: , Error is: Login has failed

Do I need to set something else up in Outlook for this to work?

Thanks

Comment

Try Main Identity for the MAPI login name with OE.

~Bill

Comment

As long as Outlook Express is setup to check your email with your saved login and password, you shouldn't need any user names or passwords.

Comment

I am pretty sure you need to Main Identity in the MAPI Profile box in HS.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower
                  I am pretty sure you need to Main Identity in the MAPI Profile box in HS.
                  It may be required but I have entered nothing and my email works perfectly.

Comment

Looks like you are correct, I guess I was having to mess with identities when I was flopping back and forth between OE and Outlook.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                    X