Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Spud, Running the new version now. I'll let you know if there are any crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
      My HS is a VM, so of course I can get the Kinect added but it doesn't work (using USB passthrough direct to the VM....) - Maybe Ill try to get a Kinect for Windows to use it direct with a VM.

I Did try a Kinect remote on a Windows 8 system and that was all good - worked well, but that was one you first brought this out. I'm using that PC in my Christmas Lightshow, so I wanted to try it on my 2012 NAS (Storage Server). I had the threshold on .4 and I tried .6 - Did logging and no doubt, it only executed the first Kinect script in the Events. I'll toy around some more...
      you can try version 3.0.0.5, with this version, if you set log level to debug, you will see what grammar rules are loaded, that may help us figure out what's going on.

also do you use VR in english or another language? I'm asking because I'm using French and on a new install I had very poor result, it turned out I had forgotten to set the Speech Recognizer to French in the config page.

Comment

Exactly how does the remote plugin go about finding the (USB\VID_*) Kinect Device ID?

I'm not sure how I got the first remote Kinect to find its local device ID and the second remote Kinect I added is finding the ID of the one on the HS3 host. Knowing how the remote instances connect/disconnect would help as they will probably have connections drop from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ern View Post
          Exactly how does the remote plugin go about finding the (USB\VID_*) Kinect Device ID?

I'm not sure how I got the first remote Kinect to find its local device ID and the second remote Kinect I added is finding the ID of the one on the HS3 host. Knowing how the remote instances connect/disconnect would help as they will probably have connections drop from time to time.
          The plugin looks for kinect plugged into the same machine it is running and populate the dropdown list you can see at the bottom of the config page. If instead it says "No Kinect Found" it means it can't detect any kinect on this machine, in this case make sure it is correctly plugged and that the drivers are installed.

If in the logs you see something like:
          WARNING Can't find Kinect: USB\VID_045E&PID_02AE\B00366209976045B
          It is because the plugin has read this value from the .ini file and tries to reconnect to it.
          If you use multiple kinect and remote plugins, make sure to use different instance names for all instances of the plugin. This is done by adding an instance parameter to the command line
          Code:
          HSPI_KINECT.exe server=192.168.0.2 instance=instancename

the plugin with instance name "instance1" will use the file kinect_instance1.ini
          the first local instance of the plugin doesn't have any name and will use the file kinect.ini
          so if you have two instances using the same instance name, they will both read the same ini file, which will cause some problems like the warning above.

Comment

Originally posted by desolatax View Post
            2. Won't work when plugin is started from an RDP session. Not sure if this is because of Remote Audio or something related to the audio stack when using RDP, but my kinect device would not show up in the drop down list.

So far this plugin is super cool! Since I picked up an Xbox One, my old kinect is sitting around and I thought I'd give this a shot. Looking forward to more development!
            I tried starting HS3 + Kinect plugin from a Remote Desktop Connection, and you're right voice recognition wasn't working with default settings. I had to change the Remote Audio playback settings to "Play on remote computer" then after restarting HS3 everything worked as expected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rdp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1170843

Comment

Ahhh, That makes sense. I'll switch over to configure using that since I use RDP heavily.

As well, is it possible to use this as a service? I've there have been issues running HS3 as a service (which seems quite ridiculous to me, this is most definitely an app that should be designed to be run as a service), but what about remote plugins?
              I added it via "sc create HS3Kinect binpath="c:\hs3\HSPI_KINECT.exe server=192.168.10.200 instance=LivingArea"
              The service starts, I see it momentarily in HS3 as an available plugin, but then it says "Error 1503: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" and it kills the process.

I have this on a headless PC and I'd like to have it come up on boot each time.

Originally posted by spud View Post
              I tried starting HS3 + Kinect plugin from a Remote Desktop Connection, and you're right voice recognition wasn't working with default settings. I had to change the Remote Audio playback settings to "Play on remote computer" then after restarting HS3 everything worked as expected.

[ATTACH]37439[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by desolatax View Post
                As well, is it possible to use this as a service? I've there have been issues running HS3 as a service (which seems quite ridiculous to me, this is most definitely an app that should be designed to be run as a service), but what about remote plugins?
                I added it via "sc create HS3Kinect binpath="c:\hs3\HSPI_KINECT.exe server=192.168.10.200 instance=LivingArea"
                The service starts, I see it momentarily in HS3 as an available plugin, but then it says "Error 1503: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" and it kills the process.

I have this on a headless PC and I'd like to have it come up on boot each time.
                It should be possible, but I need to change the code so that it implements the service interface. I will look into it.

Alternatively to start it automatically you could add a simple batch script that you would place in your startup folde.

Comment

Multiple Kinects Issue

I now have 3 remote Kinects set up. All seems to be set up correctly, but only one of the devices will work with voice commands at a time. In the event list, the one that works is always the one that shows in the event list as "Kinect - instance" and it seems to be the first one to initialize. The others show as "Kinect" even though they initialize with no problems and show correctly as "Kinect - instance" on the manage plugins page.

Attached are screenshots of the configuration. Help is appreciated!

Thanks,
                  Ernest
                  Attached Files

Comment

HS3 running as a service

I have HS3 and all my Kinect remote plugins running as services with a software package called FireDaemon Pro ($49). I have seen the software discussed elsewhere on these forums. My remote Kinect plugins start with Windows, disconnect when HS3 stops, then restart to try to reconnect with HS3 when it comes back up. It just works, exactly as I was hoping to accomplish. HS3 itself seems to run fine as a service, at least as this tool does it. I'm using a variety of plugins and haven't had any issues that I can think of. Here's a screenshot of the some of the settings.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ern View Post
                      I now have 3 remote Kinects set up. All seems to be set up correctly, but only one of the devices will work with voice commands at a time. In the event list, the one that works is always the one that shows in the event list as "Kinect - instance" and it seems to be the first one to initialize. The others show as "Kinect" even though they initialize with no problems and show correctly as "Kinect - instance" on the manage plugins page.

Attached are screenshots of the configuration. Help is appreciated!

Thanks,
                      Ernest
                      Looks like some of your instances do not use the latest Beta version of the plugin. Make sure they all use version 3.0.0.5. Right click on HSPI_KINECT.exe / click properties and go to details tab.

Comment

Kinect plug in will expire in 1 day and can't find how to purchase doesn't appear to be in homeseer store yet

Cheers Ken
                        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                          Kinect plug in will expire in 1 day and can't find how to purchase doesn't appear to be in homeseer store yet

Cheers Ken
                          Sorry for that. I asked HST to add it in the store a week ago. I will ask again.

Comment

Thanks spud

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
                            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Kinect plugin in the store

Here it is, you can buy it from there: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Kine...-P1699C94.aspx

Comment

Hi,

Will this work with the Xbox One Kinect aswell??

Cheers

J

Comment

Working...
                                X