www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > Z-Seer+

Z-Seer+ Discussions about Z-Seer+ Z-Wave Network Diagnostics Software

Old June 6th, 2017, 11:26 AM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakrzep View Post
I have upgraded the Z-wave plugin, but I get these messages and no nodes showing. Restarted HS3 and reinstalled Zseer+

Any ideas?
contact support to get help with connection settings.

website | products | support | youtube
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:57 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macromark View Post
Al - double-click does the same thing. FYI

Thanks for clarifying.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old June 6th, 2017, 12:49 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
As for delays, I have yet to experience them, so hard to troubleshoot. I did add a timeout setting to the Z-Wave config page (click on the plugin name on the plugins page). You might try reducing that number and see if there is any change. Also, there is a setting there to disable polling globally, try turning off polling to see if that is involved. And on that same page, the queues are displayed, see if they ever show any value other than 0. This would indicate that traffic is higher than Z-Wave can handle.
They are nearly impossible to troubleshoot, but they are real.

From my perspective they have remained across several different HS3 servers, several different Z-Nets and can affect many different nodes. My wife has been complaining about and I have been chasing them since 2015. They seemed to go away altogether in the fall of 2015, but then crept back in from time to time. There have been some plug-in releases that the delays are almost nonexistent, but the latest releases (since 3.0.1.87) have presented more frequent delays.

I have turned on Z-Wave command logging and the delays can occur when there is very little traffic and periods of extreme traffic can present virtually no delay. I have set the send timeout to 2 seconds. Whenever I have a chance I will look at the plug-in configuration page when there was a delay and all of the queues are empty. The report buffers range between 10-40. I have even disabled all energy reporting, which seems to eliminate virtually all of the report buffer items, yet the intermittent delays continue.

I have created events with logging and timers that prove the delays exist, but have found absolutely nothing within the system that correlates to the delays.

While I was composing this post, I used a MiniMote to turn on and off some track lights over and over. Out of 25 tries, the control was almost instant, certainly so fast as to be completely acceptable. About the tenth try there was a 2 second delay, followed by a 5 second delay, the remaining control returned to nearly instant.

I wish I had the tools to examine exactly what is going on behind the scenes to narrow down the exact point in the process where the delay is introduced. Perhaps I have the tools and don't know how to use them. The delay could be in getting the command to the plug-in from HS, to Z-Net from the plug-in, to the Z-Wave device from the Z-Net. I think the Z-Net itself has nothing to do with the delay, since they were there with Z-Trollers. Since the delays are directly attributable to certain plug-in versions, it would seem that the delay is introduced within the plug-in's command processing.

The only thing I can offer as an aside, is that it is possible to bring all HomeSeer processing to a dead halt. If am editing and deleting events the system can slow down. Especially deleting several events without waiting for HomeSeer to reload the Events page, can bring HS to a dead halt. Expanding an event group with a lot of individual events can really slow down HS processing. I have some groups that can take nearly a minute to expand and during that minute Z-Wave delays are ALWAYS high. While this expansion is happening, the server CPU usage spikes from about 20% to over 50%. Multiple deletions of events can cause it to go even higher. The server has a 4 core hyper threading 3.2ghz Xeon with 16GB of RAM. is running Windows 10 and only handles HomeSeer. My only point in bringing this up is that it is possible that delays could be introduced if the HS core becomes overtaxed doing something in the background.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old June 6th, 2017, 12:53 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
I have upgraded the Z-wave plugin, but I get these messages and no nodes showing. Restarted HS3 and reinstalled Zseer+

Any ideas?
Under Edit>Connection... do you have the IP address of your HS server entered? If you do and are on computer that is separate from your HS server, you might have a firewall issue.

Old June 6th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
contact support to get help with connection settings.
One thing I noted was that if you have Windows firewall running, you need to open up incoming port 10400. This is alluded to here for remote connections but with a firewall is necessary for LAN connections as well.

Nice tool BTW!
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:06 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
hmmm, perhaps simply disabling them in the Z-Wave plug-in would work. Try that. Disable 3 of them, then launch Z-Seer. If that works, disable the first one and enable the second...etc...

By "disable" I just mean clicking the green checkmark in the image below. You shouldn't have to remove the interface.
I can confirm, this DOES NOT work. If I disable two Z-Nets, leaving my primary controller enabled i get this:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 264
Size:  4.7 KB

Z-Seer+ will only will find the Garage Z-Net and if that interface is disabled it causes Z-Seer+ to fail. If I stop and restart the Z-Wave plug-in Z-Seer+ no longer errors at startup, but fails to query the one enabled interface. I will try powering them down later today.

Old June 6th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Seer Deluxe

I do not see any entries for last working route and the updater claims I am current on HS3Pro and I am also current on the Z-Wave plugin. I was looking because I also do not see any items for Direct or Hop Count nor do I get a path on a double click. I am using a Z-Troller if that matters.

Karl
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:18 PM
OverSeer

I powered off 2 of my Z-Nets, leaving the primary powered and I get the same results. I am unable to find and sequence of changes that will allow Z-Seer+ to find any interface except the Garage, which only has a handful of nodes.

If someone figures out how to trick Z-Seer+ into finding another interface when there is more than 1, I would like to hear.

Old June 6th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Seer Master

Quote:

Any ideas?
Same issue: "Cannot access HomeSeer: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Elliott
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:55 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Go into HS3, access the Z-Wave node info page and look at the "Last working route" field for each node. If the last working route is "none", Z-Wave won't be able to show route lines and won't know how many hops those nodes need.
Went to the suggested page, but there is no 'Last working route' field.

The graphic shows a bunch of nodes in pink, and these nodes fail the response and command test, yet work when I try to control them from HS3.

Also, there is no routing shown.

Using latest Z-Wave plugin with a Z-troller.
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:02 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richel View Post
Same issue: "Cannot access HomeSeer: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Elliott
Same issue here. Using a Z-Wave.me UZB interface.

Old June 6th, 2017, 02:09 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
I powered off 2 of my Z-Nets, leaving the primary powered and I get the same results. I am unable to find and sequence of changes that will allow Z-Seer+ to find any interface except the Garage, which only has a handful of nodes.

If someone figures out how to trick Z-Seer+ into finding another interface when there is more than 1, I would like to hear.
Rich will need to check this a little further... might take a bit of time to fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richel View Post

Elliott
If you're connection settings aren't correct, it may throw this error. Check the docs regarding this! If you're trying to connect to a remote system, you'll need to forward a port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donstephens View Post
Went to the suggested page, but there is no 'Last working route' field.

The graphic shows a bunch of nodes in pink, and these nodes fail the response and command test, yet work when I try to control them from HS3.

Also, there is no routing shown.

Using latest Z-Wave plugin with a Z-troller.
See screen shot below. This is what the "Last Working Route" field looks like on the node info page. In this example, "Direct (40K)" will appear on the node block as a green circle with a white "D". When double-clicking this node, the node block will turn blue (indicating 40K route) and a single route line will be drawn to the controller. If the last working route is "None", no hop icon will appear and you won't get any route lines when clicking the node block.
Attached Images

Old June 6th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
Under Edit>Connection... do you have the IP address of your HS server entered? If you do and are on computer that is separate from your HS server, you might have a firewall issue.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I do have the IP and HS3 and Zseer+ are on the same server. I have a Z-troller if that matters.

I get this in the HS3 log when Zseer+ first tries to connect, but that's it.

"Z-Wave polling has been disabled by Z-Seer+"
Old June 6th, 2017, 02:16 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon00 View Post
Same issue here. Using a Z-Wave.me UZB interface.
Jon - Be sure to follow the connection instructions carefully, particularly for remote connections: http://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Seer...asic_functions

Old June 6th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

Here is a screenshot of my Node Information. I used HS Touch to turn on and off a few devices and see nothing for the last route as shown in the sample in macromark's earlier post.
Attached Images

Old June 6th, 2017, 02:57 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Jon - Be sure to follow the connection instructions carefully, particularly for remote connections: http://help.homeseer.com/help/Z-Seer...asic_functions
Mark,

I'm running on my LAN and have correctly selected Homeseer from the drop down. Same error with the firewalls on or off. It correctly finds the Controller and displays its neighbors, however you cannot select anything from Location1/2 which are blank. If you update, the same Object reference shows.
Attached Images

Old June 6th, 2017, 03:02 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksum View Post
Here is a screenshot of my Node Information. I used HS Touch to turn on and off a few devices and see nothing for the last route as shown in the sample in macromark's earlier post.
OK, "Last working route" will only display if you have a 500 series controller. Do you have a SmartStick+, Z-NET or UZB controller?

Last edited by rjh; June 6th, 2017 at 03:22 PM.
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:06 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Quote:
Mark,

I'm running on my LAN and have correctly selected Homeseer from the drop down. Same error with the firewalls on or off. It correctly finds the Controller and displays its neighbors, however you cannot select anything from Location1/2 which are blank. If you update, the same Object reference shows.
Jon - which controller are you using? I'm seeing "Powerlynx"??

Old June 6th, 2017, 03:13 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Jon - which controller are you using? I'm seeing "Powerlynx"??
It's a Z-Wave.me UZB interface (European Version)

Old June 6th, 2017, 03:25 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Are there any errors in the HS log? I assume you are running the 3.0.1.124 Z-Wave plugin? It looks like the Z-Wave information in the plugin is not matching your devices in HS for some reason, so no devices are found. If you go to the Z-Wave tab in one of your devices, does it show node information ok?

Quote:
Mark,