Disarm Does Not Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disarm Does Not Work

I have been struggling with this for the last 2-3 hours. I have an event that when the main door is unlocked the security system is automatically disarmed. On my DSC keypad I can see the red armed icon going off for 1 second but then it immediately comes back. So apparently it does get a message from HS. Below is a screenshot of my setup. Note that the lights do go on so everything runs. I checked for other events that might re-arm the system but there aren't any. So why does the security system not stay unarmed?
    Attached Files

To make this even easier, I did go to Device Management. There partition 1 is listed and on the very right side has "Arm Partition" and "Disarm Partition". When I click on "Arm Partition" the partition arms as expected, i.e. the key pad emits about 30s of long beeps and about 10 seconds of short beeps and then it is armed. When I click on "Disarm Partition" then the red light on the key pad disappears for about 1s and then comes right back.

So again, why does the partition not stay disarmed?

Also, is there a way to search for events that involve a particular device? I did go through all events and can't see one that would re-arm the alarm but if there is a search function then I could be more confident about this statement.

Comment

Ah, I finally got it. I didn't have the user setup correctly in the DSC plugin configuration. After fixing that it worked. Basically, for user you just use the user number as programmed into the DSC panel. If you use the DLS software then just use the number of "User 1", "User 2",..., i.e. with "User". The DSC Access Code is just the code you use for disarming the system. You actually don't seem to use this for anything but disarming the system (at least for all that I did).

Comment

Hi Mulu,
        I have trouble with "DSC user number", what is your string configuration for "DSC user number"? please, thank you

here is my configuration string:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1195091

my trouble, this event doesn't work about user opening identification:

Name:	event.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1195092

Note: this event in HS2+DSC IT-100 work fine but same configuration in HS3+DSC IT-100 doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by vikeq View Post
          Hi Mulu,
          I have trouble with "DSC user number", what is your string configuration for "DSC user number"? please, thank you

here is my configuration string:
          [ATTACH]66286[/ATTACH]

my trouble, this event doesn't work about user opening identification:
          [ATTACH]66287[/ATTACH]

Note: this event in HS2+DSC IT-100 work fine but same configuration in HS3+DSC IT-100 doesn't work
          The user number is the user number you programmed on the DSC panel. The number starts with 1. So let's say on the DSC panel you set code 1234 for user one. Then you would enter 1 for the DSC user number and in the other column 1234. The first column is making the link to users you defined in HS3.

Is your issue really with the user number or maybe with the trigger? When you look at the timestamp do you see that your event was indeed triggered? You can also manually trigger the event for testing purposes.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Comment

trigger user opening

thank you Mulu,

my issue is with trigger. But i'm first verify with you my config was ok before.

Now you have confirm that my config is ok:

homeseer web user: vincent
            dsc access code: 1234 (pin code of user "vincent" on DSC panel)
            dsc user number: 1 (number of user "vincent" on DSC panel)

then HOW DO YOU DO to trigger if user1 (vincent) enter then send mail "vincent is entered"????
            my trigger doesn't work...

thank you

Comment

I am not using this trigger so I really don't know. Maybe uncheck "Use Supplied Usercode" and see if it works then. If it works then it's something with the user. If it doesn't work. leave it disabled for now (just in case there is more than one issue).

You might also consider deleting and recreating the event. I have experienced issues where something in the system changed and suddenly an event wouldn't work anymore. After recreating it everything was back to normal.

Comment

Solved!

for exemple, for user2 in DSC panel then you must put 4 digit: 0002
                to identify it in your trigger.

for exemple, This trigger work to identify user2 which disarm DSC panel:

Name:	user opening identification.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1195129

Comment

Ah, that's a tricky one. Thanks for reporting back as it might help somebody else.

Comment

Working...
                  X