X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robw View Post
    Hi

I have downloaded the latest beta, thanks for the changes to shutters, now works great.

I also had hoped to resolve the issue of my lightwaverf devices that only dim 0-99 with this update as you mention:

Changes to v3.0.0.18
    - Added possibility to choose Open, Close and Set Level controls for Shutters
    - Added support for dimmers and shutters which don't have a 0-100 range. The range scale is now converted back and forth.

I have tried this and still the sliders increase to 100 rather than 99%. I have tried restart homeseer, diabling and re-enabling the plug-in, disabling and re-enabling any dimming devices in the plug-ins config.....

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong, or could you explain how this works a little better please, as I assume it just reads the start and end values from the device.

Thanks

This is a design choice: my reasoning was that if you set the slider in IH to 100%, you want the light to go to the On status, so the plugin use the On control in this case instead of using the 1-99 range control. Same thing for Off, if you set it to 0% from IH, it actually use the Off control (to turn it off completely). Anything in between 0 and 100, it uses the range control

I'm not sure to understand why you would want the light to go 99 when you set it to 100% from IH?

Comment

Thanks for the reply

It wasn't my choice for the scale of 1-99%, this is by design in the actual hardware. I believe they increment in a value of 3% or in 32 steps from off to on.

If i use the slider and slide it to 100%, when say the light is currently at 20%, nothing changes, the light stays at 20% and does not go to the On state, or if it does which I guess it may be, would need to check in the logs, the On state is the last dimmed state by design in the hardware.

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Just a thought:

Where you have modified it to run the ON State when the slider reaches the 100%, could you modify it so that it reads in the END Value for the device and do

IF [DIM_VALUE] => [END_VALUE] then
        SEND [END_VALUE]
        SEND [ON _VALUE}

This would then work across the board for all devices rather than just those with a scale of 0-100, like mine that has a dim range of 1-99 and ON or OFF. It would also then mean that the state in Homeseer got updated to being ON when fully dimmed up.

The same could be done for the DIM Down:

IF [DIM_VALUE] =< [START_VALUE] then
        SEND [START_VALUE]
        SEND [OFF _VALUE}

Although this on my lights would mena seeing the light dim to 1%, then switch off and as RFXCOM commands are sent 3 seconds apart it would make it a somewhat jerky effect.

Would however be nice to see the DIM sliders configured so that the values are read from the Device if it is possible.

Thanks

Comment

Just wondering if you are working on any RGB control as i'm adding a Fibaro RGB controller to homeseer and would be good to use impetihome with it.

Thanks

Comment

I was out of town, so only just now got a chance to try the 3.0.0.18 beta.

It looks like the beta works perfectly with Hue lights. The sliders go from 0-100% on the lights now, instead of 0-100 value.

Thanks!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by robw View Post
              Just wondering if you are working on any RGB control as i'm adding a Fibaro RGB controller to homeseer and would be good to use impetihome with it.

Thanks
              Hi Spud... any update on this?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                Does it work locally without using the myhs url?
                Could you set the log level to Trace, capture the problem, and post your logs

thanks
                Sorry for noe responding earlier. Yes, ImperiHome did work perfectly locally. I didn't find anything meaningful in my logs - which at that time was full of debug information in connection with beta-testing of another plug-in.

I've now downloaded v3.0.0.19 - and I do now have access both locally and when using myhs url

Thanks for a great plug-in!

Comment

Hi Spud,

First thank you for the plugin. This has provided a lot faster way to setup and make changes for control through my wife and kids' phones than HST.

I've read through the thread and searched, but cannot figure out how to download an install beta versions of the plugin. I see in the first post of this thread you mention:

"The latest Beta version of this plugin is available in the Beta section of the updater."

Are you talking about the plugin manager / interface and addons tab of the web interface? I see beta plugins for about 17 plugins, including HS and other third party plugins, but not ImperiHome. Am I missing something. Any help anyone could give would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Stain View Post
                    Are you talking about the plugin manager / interface and addons tab of the web interface? I see beta plugins for about 17 plugins, including HS and other third party plugins, but not ImperiHome. Am I missing something. Any help anyone could give would be appreciated.
                    yes, unless something is wrong it should be in the Plug-in manager like in the screenshot below. Make sure to refresh it by clicking the "update listing" button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	updater.png
Views:	1
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	1190187

Comment

yes, unless something is wrong it should be in the Plug-in manager like in the screenshot below. Make sure to refresh it by clicking the "update listing" button.
                      Sorry for the delayed response, but went out of town for a couple of weeks and this was the first time I've had time to sit down. It looks like my plugin listing was not updating correctly. From reading another post, there was a file that was overriding the update. I've deleted and everything works.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

A bug? Decimals not showed in ImperiHome

Hi
                        I have defined a number of HomeSeer virtual devices to set the room temperatures in my house. As situated in Denmark the heat setpoint is defined in degrees celcius in 0,5 degrees increments.

I am able to set the temperature correctly in HomeSeer, e.g. 20,5; 21,0; 21,5 degrees celcius.

However in ImperiHome (since one of the most recent updates, I think) the temperature values are only showed as integer values.

Comment

Originally posted by info@kaeseler.dk View Post
                          Hi
                          I have defined a number of HomeSeer virtual devices to set the room temperatures in my house. As situated in Denmark the heat setpoint is defined in degrees celcius in 0,5 degrees increments.

I am able to set the temperature correctly in HomeSeer, e.g. 20,5; 21,0; 21,5 degrees celcius.

However in ImperiHome (since one of the most recent updates, I think) the temperature values are only showed as integer values.
                          What kind of device you use in IH to display this temperature? A sensor?
                          Could you set the log level to Trace, and capture the data sent to the IH app.

Comment

What kind of device you use in IH to display this temperature? A sensor?
                            Could you set the log level to Trace, and capture the data sent to the IH app.
                            The device is defined as a MultiSwitch. I use the device to SET the target temperature of the room. I am not sure I mentioned this clearly in the first post:

The temperature is set correctly in HomeSeer. Also the temperature set is showed correctly in ImperiHome (incl. decimals). However the pull-down list shown when setting the value from ImperiHome only contains the integer values.

I will try setting the log level and reply to this thread again.

Thanks for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by info@kaeseler.dk View Post
                              The device is defined as a MultiSwitch. I use the device to SET the target temperature of the room. I am not sure I mentioned this clearly in the first post:

The temperature is set correctly in HomeSeer. Also the temperature set is showed correctly in ImperiHome (incl. decimals). However the pull-down list shown when setting the value from ImperiHome only contains the integer values.

I will try setting the log level and reply to this thread again.

Thanks for your effort.
                              in the config page of the plugin, in the Multiswitch tab, do you see the x.5 values? and have you selected them?

Comment

in the config page of the plugin, in the Multiswitch tab, do you see the x.5 values? and have you selected them?
                                Yes, they are all there and they are selected.

Comment

Working...
                                X