Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INI file as requested.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, no for 3 days . I'm back online.

I have uploaded the ini file to:

http://www.daigaard.dk/mcsTemperature.ini

Regards

Daigaard

Comment

On the Interfaces Page / Data Collection Method select "Transfer mapped virtual devices to database at interval" checkbox. On the first transfer of data to the database the tables for the data should be created.

Comment

Solved

Thanks this solved the problem, data is now being logged.

/Daigaard

Comment

homeseer mandatory ?

Hello

Is HomeSeer mandatory to use this tool ? Or can it be used in standalone like others MCS XAP plugin ?

Thank you

Comment

mcsTemperature is a plugin to Homeseer. It is not a standalone application like the xAP ones. mcsXap is also a Homeseer plugin to give HS the abilty to communicate with other xAP applications.

Comment

change from weatherxml to another one?

Weather.com, the supplier of weather data to the application, has updated their licensing scheme and does no longer allow for free usage since this November 15th at midnight Eastern-time (EST) (GMT-5).

Comment

The new version of WeatherXML from CFGuy will write directly into the mcsTemperature database. Your mcsTemperature setup should be confifgured to not ask for import from file. That setup equivalent is done from WeatherXML

Comment

MCS temperature and TEMP08 switch

Hello,

I installed MC temp and a TEMP08 switch version for use some DS2408, in OUT mode for pilot relays and in IN mode to show status.

The TEMP08 "sees" the 1wire devices and the serials numbers (with the hyper terminal and the command INI, TMP etc...) , but in the plugin the devices are not found on the 1wire network.

The virtual device are created, but without Id and serial

I don't understand what happened...

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Comment

mcsTemperature has debug capabilty to show the communication with Temp08 in a log file. During HS startup the discovery process of the plugin communicates with Temp08. This will last 15 seconds or so. If you show the data that is produced during this time then it may be possible to help understand.

Comment

yes, all is ok on the log, the plugin show the DS2438, but don't show the DS2408...

In HS, there is the ID and serial of the DS2438, but nothing for the DS 2408.

When i connect the TEMP08 on hyper terminal, The Both are OK, and it's possible to control the 4 first out of the DS2408, withe RLY/01/ON, RLY/01/OFF etc...

I see the values of DS2438 in volt

In HS, there is any value...

What i must write in "Character(s) to send to Temp05 for Watchdog" ?
                      And in "Version ID Device" ? i have TEMP08 switch, ver 1.01...

How to post my screen shot?
                      In the faq, it's write : clik to "manage attachment"...where is this button?

Thanks.
                      Last edited by cathysteph; February 19, 2012, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Need to see the specific information delivered after DIS and TMP commands to assess what may be happening. Best posted as a .txt file rather than a screen shot.

There may be a certain minimum number of posts that are needed before a new user is allowed to post attachments. Rupp is the one who manages the message board. If you have another location to post then you can include the URL link here. It seems that 5 would be a reasonable number of posts before allowing attachments, but just a guess.

Comment

I have 2 screen shot, but i can't upload them...

With the characters in I/O, i can see the serial id and toggle on/of of the DS2408.
                          Not in HS...

Comment

The debug files will be preferred. Email can be sent to mcsSolutions at CenturyTel dot net.

Comment

Comment

The data provided was only for 40 seconds so it could be that the startup sequence had not completed. The plugin sends VER, TMP and DIS commands during startup. It will not send commands when Temp08 is already transmitting as was the case with your startup data.

In the data from the Temp08 was a DS2408 and DS2438 so you are correct the Temp08 is sending data.
                                25/02/2012 15:41:00 mcsTemperature Temp05/08 Data: 1WIO = Off,Off,Off,Off,Off,Off,Off,Off ???{ 31 57 49 4F 20 3D 20 4F 66 66 2C 4F 66 66 2C 4F 66 66 2C 4F 66 66 2C 4F 66 66 2C 4F 66 66 2C 4F 66 66 2C 4F 66 66 20 3F 3F 3F}

25/02/2012 15:41:01 mcsTemperature Temp05/08 Data: Voltage #01[0E000001174B4926]=02.08V 02.66V 01mV{ 56 6F 6C 74 61 67 65 20 23 30 31 5B 30 45 30 30 30 30 30 31 31 37 34 42 34 39 32 36 5D 3D 30 32 2E 30 38 56 20 30 32 2E 36 36 56 20 30 31 6D 56}

The VER command is sent so the plugin knows which version of firmware is being used by Temp05 or Temp08. This way it know how to interpret what is returned.

The DIS command is sent so the Temp08 will report how the sensor is configured. For example, the DS2438 apears to be configured as a simple A/D device. It could have been configured to read humidity or tother things. Unless the plugins receives the response to the DIS command it will not know how to interpret what is being sent by Temp08.

If you try again, but let it run for a couple minutes then it will be easier to see what may be happening. I suspect you do have the Use Temp05/Temp08 box selected, but if you do not then the request for VER, TMP, and DIS will not be sent on startup. If you include \Config\mcsTemperature.ini then I can confirm your settings.

Comment

Working...
                                X