No announcement yet.

Snevl Latitude Version 2 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jayman, do you have Real Time Upload turned on? It's under Settings-Upload Server at the bottom of the page. Also, on the Trips page touch the most recent trip, scroll down to Upload Data Points. If it's successful, you should get a pop-up saying so.

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
      Ugh. Sorry about that. That sounds like it should be easy to track down. The XML file it tried to parse and process should be in the data\SnevlLatitude\BTraced directory. Can you zip that up and send it to me? (snevl at msn dot com) I promise to respect your privacy.

Steve
      Best,
      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
        Jayman, do you have Real Time Upload turned on? It's under Settings-Upload Server at the bottom of the page. Also, on the Trips page touch the most recent trip, scroll down to Upload Data Points. If it's successful, you should get a pop-up saying so.
        Tried all that and I do have real time upload turned on. Interestingly, when I hit upload data points I get a pop saying there are no new points to upload...Does it matter that this btraced app is under one itunes account. I mean, I have it on my phone but my wife and I share itunes so how does btraced get a "btraced id". Is it from the actual phone or is it one itunes account?

Comment

Can a https server connection to HomeSeer be used with btraced 1.1?

Comment

Just downloaded this and installed setup btraced.
            Every time btraced runs i get this this.

PHP Code:
            15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "SnevlLatitude Process BTraced"
            15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Event~!~Running script in backgroundSnevlLatitude.vb("BTMain","")
            15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Event~!~Deleting event after run"SnevlLatitude SnevlLatitude Process BTraced"
            15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~Looks like DB version 2requires upgrade to version 4
            /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~Adding 'DevMap2' column to Badges table
            /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Warning~!~SnevlLatitdue DevMap2 field is already in Badges table.
            15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~BTraced table found not added
            /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~Adding UseLatitude checkbox to BADGES table
            /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitudeError while trying to upgrade DB to version 4Field 'UseLatitude' already exists in table 'BADGES'.
            15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitudeFailure parsing new BTraced XML
            /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Error~!~System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0E78): Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object oType objTypeString nameObject[] argsString[] paramnamesBoolean[] CopyBack)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object InstanceType TypeString MemberNameObject[] ArgumentsString[] ArgumentNamesType[] TypeArgumentsBoolean[] CopyBack)   at scriptcode8.scriptcode8.init_btraced(BadgeClassbString devID)   at scriptcode8.scriptcode8.BTMain(String dummy)
            15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Error~!~Scripting runtime errorSystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationExceptionException has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0E78): Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object oType objTypeString nameObject[] argsString[] paramnamesBoolean[] CopyBackBoolean IgnoreReturn)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object InstanceType TypeString MemberNameObject[] ArgumentsString[] ArgumentNamesType[] TypeArgumentsBoolean[] CopyBackBoolean IgnoreReturn)   at scriptcode8.scriptcode8.BTMain(String dummy)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object targetObject[] argumentsSignatureStructsigMethodAttributes methodAttributesRuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object targetObject[] argumentsSignature sigMethodAttributes methodAttributesRuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object objBindingFlags invokeAttrBinder binderObject[] parametersCultureInfo cultureBoolean skipVisibilityChecks)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object objBindingFlags invokeAttrBinder binderObject[] parametersCultureInfo culture)   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object objObject[] parameters)   at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleNameString MethodNameObject[] Arguments

Comment

Got it working

Downloaded v1.9 copied the database over to homeseer ran the script and the database updated.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                Tried all that and I do have real time upload turned on. Interestingly, when I hit upload data points I get a pop saying there are no new points to upload...Does it matter that this btraced app is under one itunes account. I mean, I have it on my phone but my wife and I share itunes so how does btraced get a "btraced id". Is it from the actual phone or is it one itunes account?
                When you say there are no points to upload I presume if you look at the map in BTraced it has actually plotted a track, even only one point, the otherthing is if BTraced thinks it has uploaded the track you have to "Reset Ulpoad Status" for it to try again.

iphone 5 as far as I know should work ok. I understand that Snevl Lat is using the iphone's ID not your Apple account. During BETA testing there was a problem when first installing BTraced 1.1 in that if 1.0 was not installed BTraced would not connect to the server, however, the BTraced guy's said this was fixed for download from the Apple store so I presume the problem was because I was installing direct from a website rather than the store.
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Btraced 1.1 is available in the appstore

Good news:
                  Btraced version 1.1 Is available in The appstore for update or download
                  If you really like it please rate it for us

new features:
                  - Added compatibility for iOS 6 and the new iPhone 5 screen
                  - Upload protocol now supports Basic Auth making it for example compatible Homeseer (Snevl Latitude script is supporting btraced)
                  - functions for sharing your trips on Facebook and Twitter, see protocol document (try it out on http://www.btraced.com)
                  - Added timezone when uploading the trip to the server
                  - Fixed compatibility with special characters in the trip name
                  - Fixed some timing display issues
                  - Fixed crash when all the trips were deleted
                  - Fixed "Add point on turn" feature on 359 degrees heading
                  - Fixed live upload with "Continues" always on 1. Now it will report 0 when the trip is stop in real time
                  - Some other minor bug fixes
                  - UI Improvements

you can find the new protocol document here
                  http://forum.btraced.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=414

Upload 1 point to btraced.com and your position will be ananymous on btracedworld
                  http://www.btraced.com/btracedworld.asp

Many regards
                  Pieter

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                    When you say there are no points to upload I presume if you look at the map in BTraced it has actually plotted a track, even only one point, the otherthing is if BTraced thinks it has uploaded the track you have to "Reset Ulpoad Status" for it to try again.

iphone 5 as far as I know should work ok. I understand that Snevl Lat is using the iphone's ID not your Apple account. During BETA testing there was a problem when first installing BTraced 1.1 in that if 1.0 was not installed BTraced would not connect to the server, however, the BTraced guy's said this was fixed for download from the Apple store so I presume the problem was because I was installing direct from a website rather than the store.
                    Thanks. There are data points on the map. But when I hit view data points there are none. This wasn't an upgrade as it previously hadn't been on her phone. Looking more like a problem with the app as I can't upload anything to btraced with it either.

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                      Just downloaded this and installed setup btraced.
                      Every time btraced runs i get this this.

PHP Code:
                      15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "SnevlLatitude Process BTraced"
                      15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Event~!~Running script in backgroundSnevlLatitude.vb("BTMain","")
                      15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Event~!~Deleting event after run"SnevlLatitude SnevlLatitude Process BTraced"
                      15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~Looks like DB version 2requires upgrade to version 4
                      /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~Adding 'DevMap2' column to Badges table
                      /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Warning~!~SnevlLatitdue DevMap2 field is already in Badges table.
                      15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~BTraced table found not added
                      /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~SnevlLatitude~!~Adding UseLatitude checkbox to BADGES table
                      /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitudeError while trying to upgrade DB to version 4Field 'UseLatitude' already exists in table 'BADGES'.
                      15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Error~!~SnevlLatitudeFailure parsing new BTraced XML
                      /12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Error~!~System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0E78): Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object oType objTypeString nameObject[] argsString[] paramnamesBoolean[] CopyBack)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateGet(Object InstanceType TypeString MemberNameObject[] ArgumentsString[] ArgumentNamesType[] TypeArgumentsBoolean[] CopyBack)   at scriptcode8.scriptcode8.init_btraced(BadgeClassbString devID)   at scriptcode8.scriptcode8.BTMain(String dummy)
                      15/12/2012 07:42:30 ~!~Error~!~Scripting runtime errorSystem.Reflection.TargetInvocationExceptionException has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0E78): Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object oType objTypeString nameObject[] argsString[] paramnamesBoolean[] CopyBackBoolean IgnoreReturn)   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object InstanceType TypeString MemberNameObject[] ArgumentsString[] ArgumentNamesType[] TypeArgumentsBoolean[] CopyBackBoolean IgnoreReturn)   at scriptcode8.scriptcode8.BTMain(String dummy)   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object targetObject[] argumentsSignatureStructsigMethodAttributes methodAttributesRuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object targetObject[] argumentsSignature sigMethodAttributes methodAttributesRuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object objBindingFlags invokeAttrBinder binderObject[] parametersCultureInfo cultureBoolean skipVisibilityChecks)   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object objBindingFlags invokeAttrBinder binderObject[] parametersCultureInfo culture)   at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object objObject[] parameters)   at Scheduler.VsaScriptHost.Invoke(String ModuleNameString MethodNameObject[] Arguments
                      Brian,

I need to go look at this. I think I missed something in how I check to see if you need to upgrade. I see from a later message that you got it to work by installing v1.9 and then upgrading to v2. I assume the failed attempt was simply a clean install of v2?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
                        Can a https server connection to HomeSeer be used with btraced 1.1?
                        I don't have any idea. I've not ever used https with HS, and I don't know if BTraced supports secure http. There's probably no harm in trying it.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post

This should work on www.btraced.com, btraced is looking at the ID of the iphone, but first you need to set username and password in the app on the phone (pick any), then upload.
                          should work. I use iphone5 myself.

Comment

Jayman,

I just tried to install on my wife's iPhone 4 and it's not working for me either. On the Current Trip screen it shows tracking but the Live status indicates that nothing has uploaded. And if you touch a saved trip, then View Data Points, the list is empty.

Is this what your getting?

I've sent all this in an email to the BTraced developers.

Comment

Jayman,

I just tried to install on my wife's iPhone 4 and it's not working for me either. On the Current Trip screen it shows tracking but the Live status indicates that nothing has uploaded. And if you touch a saved trip, then View Data Points, the list is empty.

Exactly the same for us here as well, iPhone 4 and no Data points

------------------------

Boyd

Comment

Jayman,

That sounds like exactly the same thing that is happening on my wife's iphone 5 and if I can ever wrestle it away from her I will send them screen shots. Just out of curiosity, was yours an upgrade of the app or a new download?

Comment

Working...
                                X