www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > General Home Automation > Off Topic

Off Topic Post your jokes, funny stories, current events and antecdotes here.

Old January 3rd, 2018, 05:43 AM
OverSeer

Live or work near a Microsoft Store? I need your help!

I was planning to upgrade my Xbox One to an Xbox One X. After all, Red Dead Redemption 2 is comming!

However, Microsoft has for some stupid reason discontinued their Kinect adapter and before I can upgrade I need one. My two daughters got "Just Dance 2018" and while it is possible to use it without Kinect, it's just so much better with it!

If you work or live near an Microsoft store, can you check if the store has an (*gasp*) $40 Kinect adaptor they have not sold? I will of course pay for it and shipping to Norway.
HSPro 3.0.0.435, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!
Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:21 AM
OverSeer

@Magnus,

Look for a Gamestop selling refurbished Kinects near me.

I purchased a few from Gamestop a couple of years ago to integrate with Spud's Kinect plugin.

PM me when you find them. They are under $20 USD these days.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old January 3rd, 2018, 10:37 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
@Magnus,

Look for a Gamestop selling refurbished Kinects near me.

I purchased a few from Gamestop a couple of years ago to integrate with Spud's Kinect plugin.

PM me when you find them. They are under $20 USD these days.
Well, I don't need the actual Kinect, just the adaptor for Xbox One/PC. And they are getting pretty pricey on eBay...

I'll check, though.
Old January 3rd, 2018, 12:25 PM
OverSeer

The wireless adapter is $24 new at Gamestop.

I purchased the Kinects without the adapters and found them on Ebay for around $5 a couple of years ago.
Old January 4th, 2018, 04:32 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
I purchased the Kinects without the adapters and found them on Ebay for around $5 a couple of years ago.
Do a search now...
The prices are crazy!
Old January 4th, 2018, 08:45 AM
OverSeer

Yes just noticed. Here only utilized the Kinect 360 stuff for the Homeseer plugin.

Found an article on MFST this morning

Demand for the Kinect Adapter had been pretty intense over the past few months due to its rarity but yesterday’s confirmation that Microsoft has now ceased production of it altogether has pushed interest in it into overdrive.

As a result of this demand, the most-popular trending suggestion over on Microsoft’s Xbox UserVoice website is now one about Xbox One X buyers and how they should be provided with a free Kinect Adapter as Microsoft likely stopped making them before the Xbox One X even came out. This means that any Xbox One console owner who is upgrading to an Xbox One X is essentially being forced to dump their Kinect sensor due to the newer console not featuring a Kinect port. A few lucky Xbox One X buyers have been fortunate enough to track down an elusive Kinect Adapter but most haven’t been either due to them all being sold out in stores being resold at prices as high as $399 on auction sites like eBay.

Name:  kinect.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  14.3 KB

Googling on Ebay see...and yes looks like they are selling for over $100 USD now...Geez...

Checking out Gamestop and see this one for $39. Is this the same one?

Xbox One Kinect Adapter by Microsoft

My old Kinect 360 / Gamestop endeavor had me calling the stores as the internet Gamestop sites didn't reflect their inventory.

Even calling didn't really work as I ended up driving to a few of the Gamestop stores and then sales folks tried to get me to purchase a game
plan the price of a small vehicle with 10 years of payments...

Anyhow ....look at the Gamestop websites and look for your stuff...make a list with phone numbers and I will call to see about stock...

Last edited by Pete; January 4th, 2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old January 4th, 2018, 09:32 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Checking out Gamestop and see this one for $39. Is this the same one?

Xbox One Kinect Adapter by Microsoft
Yeah, that's the one.

Quote:
My old Kinect 360 / Gamestop endeavor had me calling the stores as the internet Gamestop sites didn't reflect their inventory.

Even calling didn't really work as I ended up driving to a few of the Gamestop stores and then sales folks tried to get me to purchase a game
plan the price of a small vehicle with 10 years of payments...
I hear various things about Gamestop, but wow...!

Quote:
Anyhow ....look at the Gamestop websites and look for your stuff...make a list with phone numbers and I will call to see about stock...
I'll see if I can find it.
Thanks, Pete!

It's not the end of the world, just really annoying.

I'm surprised China isn't flooding the marked with these adapters. There is clearly a marked for them...
Old January 4th, 2018, 11:39 AM
OverSeer

I'm surprised China isn't flooding the marked with these adapters. There is clearly a market for them..

They were flooding the market with the Kinect 360 stuff a while ago.

Yeah my last visit to a Gamestop place noticed it seemed that I interrupted the sales person game play and he appeared to be distant when he spoke to me...like he was not on the planet earth...