Qubino Weather Station - Does not work with HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:: Shaking Head ::

We bought our Qubino Weather Station back in DEC of 2016.

16 months later...
    I would have thought Qubino and/or HS would have made some progress... maybe in HS4

Comment

IMO it's not HS3, it's Qubino. There's a z-wave alliance and a set of standards for good reason.

What's weird to me is they don't even make a hub. So I wonder who's hub they use when they test these things? I would expect them to at least test with HomeSeer since I think it has a larger user base than some others except maybe for Samsung.

Comment

Changing Direction

Well, 16-17 months is more than enough time to wait for a solution and/or work-around. I agree its not HS... was just 'hoping' for a work-around... and 'hope' is not a method.

I'm going to pursue another solution, such as one in this thread.

R/,
        Chad

Comment

I still have that old weather station that I referred to in that thread. So I gather live rain data from my weather station, which I read with Jon00cumulus PI. I use my rain data to determine lawn and garden watering with my GoControl Z-wave Irrigation controller. It works perfectly.

The rest of the weather data I gather like @RPRADE, I use weatherxml or Ultraweather. None of this stuff is critical to me, it's just data that I can use at some point if I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheat View Post
            Well, 16-17 months is more than enough time to wait for a solution and/or work-around. I agree its not HS... was just 'hoping' for a work-around... and 'hope' is not a method.

I'm going to pursue another solution, such as one in this thread.

R/,
            Chad

I got tired of waiting also...I have been using a cheap accurite 5in1 to post to weatherunderground and pull down data using ultras weather plugin, it works fine 99% of the time, but it is internet dependent. Lately I have assembling the parts and pieces to gather weather data locally. I use rfx433 rain, barometer, humidity, and temp, and then an ardruino for temp and wind. This way everything will not depend on the internet being up.

Comment

Working...
            X