Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...35#post1289835

lol, see post 8 of that thread, looks like you grabbed one of Randy's form ID's!
    Yep, it is from my garage controller. I had forgotten that it was the form ID, since we quit using it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	1196247
    Last edited by randy; April 7, 2018, 09:49 PM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Good thing, we don't have dialup as I would've run up quite a bill from NY to CO.

Comment

I just excluded my Zooz power strip from the z-net using z-tool+.

Now I sat at my PC where the second z-net is located. I want to add it to my second z-net. That will be easy.

However, can someone explain why the action screens of exclusion show up on both z-nets. These screenshots are immediately after exclusion from one z-net.
        I removed it from the Laundry z-net and was about to add it to the Office z-net.

Is this because of z-tool or is something else going on? Thoughts?
        Attached Files

Comment

How do you guys typically split the devices for each znet?

Our house is about 6000SF, about 4000SF downstairs and 2000SF upstairs. The original znet was upstairs in the middle of the house and had a direct connection to most everything. I added another znet just because it started giving me some issues once I passed 100 devices and for a few devices that had to hop. The Second znet is downstairs pretty much in the middle of the house as well.

Is there a reason to move my kitchen lights to the closer downstairs znet even though they have a direct connection to the upstairs one? The second one is really just to balance the node load on each, so not sure how I should split the nodes up. Is there a benefit to the physical distance even though there is a direct connection either way?

The reason I ask is because the kitchen lights currently have a lot of events set up, I am trying to avoid moving those nodes over and fixing all the events. But if it is going to be better for the long run, I would for sure do it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by djsaad1 View Post
              How do you guys typically split the devices for each znet?

Our house is about 6000SF, about 4000SF downstairs and 2000SF upstairs. The original znet was upstairs in the middle of the house and had a direct connection to most everything. I added another znet just because it started giving me some issues once I passed 100 devices and for a few devices that had to hop. The Second znet is downstairs pretty much in the middle of the house as well.

Is there a reason to move my kitchen lights to the closer downstairs znet even though they have a direct connection to the upstairs one? The second one is really just to balance the node load on each, so not sure how I should split the nodes up. Is there a benefit to the physical distance even though there is a direct connection either way?

The reason I ask is because the kitchen lights currently have a lot of events set up, I am trying to avoid moving those nodes over and fixing all the events. But if it is going to be better for the long run, I would for sure do it.
              As I added controllers, I tended to try to associate devices with the controller in closest proximity. When I had a device that was communicating well and directly with my primary controller, even though it was closer to one of the new ones and if it already had a lot of events, I took the lazy route and left it where it was. I ended up with 61 nodes on my primary and 15-20 on the additional controllers.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Here's my dilemma, my goal obviously is to get back to a good database, assuming that's the problem.

I have my second z-net up and running. So I excluded some items from the znet1 and added them to znet2.

One of them is the Zooz zen20 that when I included in znet2 I just left alone as Willis Electric Switch Binary for the root and 5 child devices.

I then added an Aeotec Heavy Duty switch to znet1. Shortly after that (not exactly sure the moment) the Zooz zen20 inherited all the names it used to have when it was on znet1.

So although the device had been removed from znet1, some of the info was still lurking. But where??

I excluded the Zen20 from znet2, backed up and restored both znets and then included the zen20 again. It's back to Willis... However, the Aeotec heavy duty switch has disappeared from znet1.

Sorry for the blow by blow description. But with something like this (corrupted database I assume) without a known good point, what's the best thing to do? Is there a way to repair or rebuild a database? Or is there something else possible?

Comment

Working...
                X