No announcement yet.

Parallax RFID detector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOU DID IT. As soon as I hit test it moved about a 1/4 turn WOW! It's Working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/1/2011 7:18:07 PM Parallax The Data I sent is: 072441131/1/2011 7:18:07 PM Parallax Connection Open? True1/1/2011 7:18:07 PM Info Running script statement immediately: &hs.run "parallax.vb"

Comment

Originally posted by Seereus View Post
      YOU DID IT. As soon as I hit test it moved about a 1/4 turn WOW! It's Working!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/1/2011 7:18:07 PM Parallax The Data I sent is: 072441131/1/2011 7:18:07 PM Parallax Connection Open? True1/1/2011 7:18:07 PM Info Running script statement immediately: &hs.run "parallax.vb"
      Im relieved, I throught it was going to get the better of me there!

I've attached another script, this time it can accept a servo position via a parameter, reading the docs the value Parallax decided is 250 for 0 degrees and 1250 for 180 degrees. It checks if you try and pass a parameter which the board cannot accept, this time you need to run it using the hs.runex command to pass the parameter. So;

&hs.runex("parallax.vb", "Main", "250") should hopefully relate to 0 degrees
      &hs.runex("parallax.vb", "Main", "1250") should be 180 degrees

You can do any value between and the board should calculate it so 90 degrees is 750 (I think) - although the Parallax manual does say that not all servos are alike so you may need to experiment with what relates to what if those values are off.

Thats a very basic method of controlling it, let me know if you want any more advanced ways of doing things and i'll see what I can think of...

Hope it works for you...(its the same deal, place in scripts directory, rename as .vb file and run using the commands above)
      Last edited by mrhappy; August 17, 2012, 10:01 AM.

Comment

THIS IS TOO COOL, ok so I got it put into the device list and added a 250 and a 1250 to the scripts folder and now it works by the device list as open and closed. I Knew you could do it. One question though, is there a way to make it turn slower? This is really the jump start I needed. I will start on the blind assembly and get some pics posted as soon as it is perfected. This was really great of you to take the time to do this. I don't have much but I would like to send you something for all the time you took to make this work. Is there a way I can upload a paypal account with a donation? THANK YOU MRHAPPY VERY MUCH. Your efforts are more appreciated than you will ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          Im relieved, I throught it was going to get the better of me there!

I've attached another script, this time it can accept a servo position via a parameter, reading the docs the value Parallax decided is 250 for 0 degrees and 1250 for 180 degrees. It checks if you try and pass a parameter which the board cannot accept, this time you need to run it using the hs.runex command to pass the parameter. So;

&hs.runex("parallax.vb", "Main", "250") should hopefully relate to 0 degrees
          &hs.runex("parallax.vb", "Main", "1250") should be 180 degrees

You can do any value between and the board should calculate it so 90 degrees is 750 (I think) - although the Parallax manual does say that not all servos are alike so you may need to experiment with what relates to what if those values are off.

Thats a very basic method of controlling it, let me know if you want any more advanced ways of doing things and i'll see what I can think of...

Hope it works for you...(its the same deal, place in scripts directory, rename as .vb file and run using the commands above)

WOW, that's even cooler. THANK YOU, I will try this out. With the board supporting 16 servo's it will be just a matter of seeing how far I sling Data across cat5 's. Woo HOO! THANK YOU!

Comment

I think I know which way you've done it, two scripts right? Not a problem to do it that way a all so you don't have to use the last script I posted if you don't want to...

Now the speed I think is the ramp rate (quite a nice board this for features), the manual says

So if you open the script and look for the line;

Dim Ramp As Integer = 7

and change this to something like

Dim Ramp As Integer = 50

to slow it down, between 1 and 63 it should relate to the speed (1 - 3/4sec to 63 - 60secs), save the script and run it again to check. It's a bit late and the mention of setting it to zero does slightly confuse me, but I think if you change Ramp to 0 it is as near to instant as you are going to get it
            And don't worry, I built my stepper controller today ready for fitting into my blind (i'm v. interested in how you end up doing it - lets say i'm better at coding than mechanics ) - i've got the added fun of having to do the PIC coding aswell so i'll be on here asking for help in the next few weeks! Don't worry about a donation or anything, i've got too much time on my hands and much of the credit needs to go to the other people that wrote the vb applications, I just hacked HS and them together

Best of luck

Comment

Perfect, that is all I needed to tweek this thing. I have noticed this forum is jammed with wizards like yourself. I am really greatful that people like you exist. I cannot thank you enough for doing this. It really makes my day. It will take me some time but I will give you an update once the project is functioning. Thank you again.

Comment

Perfect, that is all I needed to tweek this thing. I have noticed this forum is jammed with wizards like yourself. I am really greatful that people like you exist. I cannot thank you enough for doing this. It really makes my day. It will take me some time but I will give you an update once the project is functioning. Thank you again.
                Thanks for the kind words, ill post some pics of mine if I ever get that far (its been a thing on my to do list since late 2009 ) - nice to be called a wizard but trust me this board is full of people who have jaw dropping coding skills I could only ever dream of!

Comment

I just wondered if you have ever looked at the posts and interaction of cctv systems with hs. I have been through this forum over and over and no one seems to have successfully integrated a cctv system. IP and webcams are easy, I am refering to analog cams. I spent months testing several different mfg's of capture cards. The one I settled on was by Hupervision. It is as most, very proprietary but the software beats anything I have ever seen. I have 7 stationary zoom cams and 1 PTZ Speed Dome in the system. The board has the ability to plug contact closures on it. One of the main features that is so cool is the ability for one cam to see motion and tell the speed dome to turn and look at that same location. Plus, Motion tracking, Fire detection, smoke detection, people counter, face detection, license plate detection, the list goes on. To me HA and Surveillance go hand in hand but no integration available. If you happen to come across a script or plugin for analog cameras, I would really like to know about it. The software has a remote interface as well as a web app. There is so much it can do, I am hard pressed to believe that there would be no way to work it into hs. I used the netcam plugin and it sees the capture cards but the actual video capture seems to be the part that it just can't integrate. The blind project is on the bench in test mode...YEAH!

Comment

I just wondered if you have ever looked at the posts and interaction of cctv systems with hs. I have been through this forum over and over and no one seems to have successfully integrated a cctv system. IP and webcams are easy, I am refering to analog cams. I spent months testing several different mfg's of capture cards. The one I settled on was by Hupervision. It is as most, very proprietary but the software beats anything I have ever seen. I have 7 stationary zoom cams and 1 PTZ Speed Dome in the system. The board has the ability to plug contact closures on it. One of the main features that is so cool is the ability for one cam to see motion and tell the speed dome to turn and look at that same location. Plus, Motion tracking, Fire detection, smoke detection, people counter, face detection, license plate detection, the list goes on. To me HA and Surveillance go hand in hand but no integration available. If you happen to come across a script or plugin for analog cameras, I would really like to know about it. The software has a remote interface as well as a web app. There is so much it can do, I am hard pressed to believe that there would be no way to work it into hs. I used the netcam plugin and it sees the capture cards but the actual video capture seems to be the part that it just can't integrate. The blind project is on the bench in test mode...YEAH!
                    To get proper integration it relies on the manufacturer releasing exactly how to talk to their devices (usually called an SDK - software developers kit) a quick google suggests they have not, i'm guessing here but due to the very nature of the line of work they probably don't want everyone knowing the inner workings of their system, I guess its bad for business if somehow you release how to disable the box remotely and its then used in some form of criminality.

I did a quick google and yep looks jam packed with features, but they all look like they stay inside the system - the nearest you look to be able to get to interfacing with HS looks to be the remote viewer application, from the photos it appears some of it is web based. With the webbased applications you can sometimes intercept the links and recreate them in HS. So you might be able to bring the images into HS and do some elementary control of the PTZ, perhaps even press record but thats probably the limit i'm afraid and no guarantee that would work as it depends exactly on how they have designed their pages.

I think thats why there are not many plugins about, theres so many different standards and the lack of info about them unfortunately.

Comment

I gotcha, well stated. That does make perfect sense, I do have an SDK folder within the Huper software pack. It's 8 + megs. I wonder if that would be what is needed? I did try the web interface but I kept getting stuck on the password. Every time the frame would refresh I would have to re-enter the username and password. Not fun. I could not find a piece of software or way to get it to save the user/password. Like I said, I worked with several different vendors but this was the first one that really had all the cool features. That is why I was interested in integrating with HS.

Comment

I gotcha, well stated. That does make perfect sense, I do have an SDK folder within the Huper software pack. It's 8 + megs. I wonder if that would be what is needed? I did try the web interface but I kept getting stuck on the password. Every time the frame would refresh I would have to re-enter the username and password. Not fun. I could not find a piece of software or way to get it to save the user/password. Like I said, I worked with several different vendors but this was the first one that really had all the cool features. That is why I was interested in integrating with HS.
                        If any of the SDK is written in visual basic/vb.net (which is the only language I know really, anything else like C might aswell be greek for all I can understand it) then email me through the board (click under my username > send email) and send me some stuff, I make no promises but i'm always interested in furthering my problem solving abilities

Comment

I'm interested in your blinds solution, i've had a project on the backburner for a while involving stepper motors (built a small pic board and a L239D that I intended to control from HS) to control the tilt on a venetian blind tilt in my lounge, its been on the backburner as I don't think there is not enough torque in my motor - are you using any kind of special servo? I did think about using a servo but went the stepper route...
                          What stepper motor/controller board are you using? Can you provide a link? I have been looking for a stepper motor that I can interface to Homeseer.

Thanks,
                          Steve Q
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
                            What stepper motor/controller board are you using? Can you provide a link? I have been looking for a stepper motor that I can interface to Homeseer.

Thanks,
                            Steve Q
                            Its not what i'd call a direct interface (yet - i'm working on it). The board i've actually got (I had started building my own but this board is in a kit and not very expensive) is this http://www.rapidonline.com/netalogue/specs/13-6016.pdf which I had hoped to get talking to HS via the serial port (that board connects straight to the port), only problem is the bootloader for the PIC Genie does not accept serial outputs on the programming pins which is a problem as I wanted to be able to - I intend to replace the PIC Genie with a PICAXE micro that does talk on the programming lines.

It would entail some basic PIC programming but should be acheiveable to get it talking with HS.

I'm sure however there are boards out there that are USB and can be interfaced a lot easier, I just chose the difficult option...

Comment

If any of the SDK is written in visual basic/vb.net (which is the only language I know really, anything else like C might aswell be greek for all I can understand it) then email me through the board (click under my username > send email) and send me some stuff, I make no promises but i'm always interested in furthering my problem solving abilities

OK, Thanks. I understand no promises, I just appreciate you taking the time to look at it as well as all the labor you put into the parallax project. I'll split it up and send it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X