This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
    Thanks Rupp. I turned off NIS2009, downloaded, then turned it back on and had it scan HomeSeerUpdateHSPRO2_3_0_86.exe manually and it found nothing.

For all I know this is a glitch with Norton and some microsoft update.

Now on to my fun upgrade! Thanks HS for making this HSPro promotion pricing!
    It was for this type of thing and other annoyances I gave up on Norton, which I'd used for eons; two years ago and went with Kaspersky Internet Security. Completely satisfied with it.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
      It was for this type of thing and other annoyances I gave up on Norton, which I'd used for eons; two years ago and went with Kaspersky Internet Security. Completely satisfied with it.
      Agree! Kaspersky, NOD32, AVG (yeah I know last 2 came from Czech ) are the best.
      Norton sucks (sorry). It doesn't catch the real thing, give you fal;se warning and when you want to scan your drive it takes forever!

Comment

Thank you Rupp. Upgrade went smooth and took around 1/2 hour.

Two additions worth adding to your list: moving your users configuration and address book (in config directory).
        Last edited by pcp; September 16, 2009, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I really know all will be glad to know that last night I was able to get my program loaded. Thank you to all that helped. All I did was run the earliest upgrade and went from there.
          Thanks to all again,
          danielbo
          danielbo

Comment

In the ad, I saw where it mentions the message light. This is what sold me. Could you tell me where the setup for that is? I have looked all over this program and no luck.
            danielbo

Comment

danielbo

Glad, like me, you got there in the end.. the feature you want to know about will be in the settings.ini file from version .127 according to Rich, watch the beta forum and read the release notes to see what you need to add.

TrOjAn

Comment

O you wouldnt believe how excited I am. I have found one important problem.
                On the hs phone part, when you hit the # button on the phone I can hear the lady (computer Voice) asking me "how can I help you" but when I say something I am not getting a response. Now this worked before the up grade to pro.

And I still havent found the setting for the message light? but so far everything else is working perfect, a lot better then the older version.

Thank you Homeseer for such a great price on a great product!
                danielbo
                danielbo

Comment

Danielbo,

The setting for the message light will be added in the next beta release according to Rich

TrOjAn

Comment

Thanks TrOjAn for all your great help. Do you have any idea on where the setting is that you choose to give command in the phone or mic. I really bet that would take care of my other problem. Are you having that problem? or do you us HSphone.

Thanks all,
                    danielbo
                    danielbo

Comment

What your saying appears to be a problem I am having also, I pick up the phone, press the # key and Kate says "Yes?" then I speak and nothing...

I will play tomorrow and see if i can locate it..

TrOjAn

Comment

Wow, that was one smootp upgrade. Arguably I've only run my upgraded system for 10 mins, but still ..

Thanks for the Rupp, spot on. It worked with no problems whatsoever as far as I can see.

The only one minor issue is that I seem to have lost the definition of Custom Devices that I had created. Any idea how I could retrieve those from the backup?

Thanks
                        Nicolai
                        Nicolai L

Comment

I have upgrade to HSPRO via the provided updater in the first post...

I am now running HSPRO v2.3.0.86...

If I now want to move my setup to a new server with clean install...
                          I am thinking I install complete installer HSPRO v2.3.0.19 and then before running HS would I install the update in the first post to update back to v2.3.0.86 or do I use the updater HSPRO (full updater) v2.3.0.84 from the downloads section.

I guess an easier way to ask this...

Will the updater provided in the first link to update HS2 to HSPRO v2.3.0.86 also work with fresh install of HSPRO v2.3.0.19... or was it specially created to just upgrade people from HS2?

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
                            Assuming your Settings.ini was overwritten or replaced, you need to re-enter the data under ScriptingReferences= entry as per the horoscope instructions.
                            Hi Jon,

Tomorrow turned out to be a few days later.

Did as you said, so simple really, and all is fine. I installed the download of PRO as from the HST Website and it did over right the ini file among other things.

Thanks for your help.
                            sigpic
                            A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by megatron2 View Post
                              I have upgrade to HSPRO via the provided updater in the first post...

I am now running HSPRO v2.3.0.86...

If I now want to move my setup to a new server with clean install...
                              I am thinking I install complete installer HSPRO v2.3.0.19 and then before running HS would I install the update in the first post to update back to v2.3.0.86 or do I use the updater HSPRO (full updater) v2.3.0.84 from the downloads section.

I guess an easier way to ask this...

Will the updater provided in the first link to update HS2 to HSPRO v2.3.0.86 also work with fresh install of HSPRO v2.3.0.19... or was it specially created to just upgrade people from HS2?
                              They both will work.
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                                Wow, that was one smootp upgrade. Arguably I've only run my upgraded system for 10 mins, but still ..

Thanks for the Rupp, spot on. It worked with no problems whatsoever as far as I can see.

The only one minor issue is that I seem to have lost the definition of Custom Devices that I had created. Any idea how I could retrieve those from the backup?

Thanks
                                Nicolai
                                These are in the file named devtypes.cfg found in the HomeSeer 2/config directory.
                                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X