www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Telephone,Text and Email Plug-ins > Telephone,Text and Email Integration Discussion

Old January 5th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Seer Master

Grandstream IP phone system

Anyone used a GRandstream IP phone system? And, if so, does the HSTouch Android client run on their Android 7" touchscreen phone model. If so, looks real intriguing (especially since my phone system at home just dies).
Old April 15th, 2015, 10:02 AM
Seer Master

That's a great idea.

On the flipside, you can also buy android tablets (preferably with docks) to use as sip clients. I have some of these for areas without cat5 cabling..

I don't know about the android grandstream phones, I personally use Yealinks and SNOMs.
Old October 24th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Seer

Also, would like some help on this. certinly some one have did some sort of integration between IP PBX and Homeseer, and grandstream is a hell of an option.

HomeSeer experts please help. (Yes Pete. especially you)
Old October 25th, 2015, 09:43 AM
OverSeer

Here it's been a few years that I tried and was successful using my Joggler touchscreen / Ubuntu to run IP PBX. I never saw much interest in this so didn't pursue it.

The beginnings of testing here were the following

Hardware used:

1 - Joggler tabletop tablet running Ubuntu with Logitech web cam - there is also a DECT radio in the Joggler for use with Avaya (well and Cisco-other telcom companies) for VOIP Kiosks (there are a few in use today in this manner). The VOIP station pieces that didn't utilize the DECT telephones worked fine. Note that the VOIP/PBX software phones work fine in Linux or Windows.

2 - Optionally you could utilize Grandstream VOIP telephones running Android OS today for same sort of endeavor.

3 - integration of Grandstream IP HD cams / SIP (all of mine have this OS today). Note here utilize Grandstream Cams and Grandstream OS camera boards.

Part of this endeavour was a DIY SIP enabled doorbell using a Grandstream OS camera board. (I purchased a few of these as they are tiny).

The end pieces of this endeavour related to integrating Homeseer Touch with PBX telephony.

Note that the attached is Grandstream beta testing software. Easy to update cams using GSurf 2 pro as a firmware server.
Attached Images

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT

Last edited by Pete; October 25th, 2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old October 26th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Seer

HSTouch on Grandstream Video Phone

I have HSTouch running on the Grandstream video IP Phone (GXV3275) and it works great.

I haven't had a chance to do any further integration yet, but hope to.
Old March 31st, 2016, 12:32 PM
Seer

What would be really cool is a wireless ip phone handset running HS Touch (such as the wireless phone in pete's first image). Then you could control your whole house and also accept calls on the one portable device.

Is there such a device using wi-fi ?

The idea of using the Grandstream Android wired phone really interests me, but to pull the trigger I would like a wireless solution.

I know i could use a cell phone with a soft ip phone and hs touch, but that's no fun I would need room to room intercom function hence the hard phones.

The first image in Pete's post, that android looking wireless ip phone on the right, is that self contained, or needs that base station to function?
Old April 1st, 2016, 09:58 PM
OverSeer

The first image in Pete's post, that android looking wireless ip phone on the right, is that self contained, or needs that base station to function?

No; it is a DECT phone. Specifications originally though included video. Openpeak did build another teleco kiosk that included video and sold by Avaya and Cisco. The Avaya devices were installed in a few high end hotels globally and still are being utilized.

The top of the device has a clip attachment for a video camera. I have connected a logitech web cam and it works well with Skype running in Ubuntu.

The two devices also included a Zigbee chip on the motherboard stock builds.
Old April 1st, 2016, 10:40 PM
Seer Deluxe

I just put one of these 7" android phones next to the bed to replace my old, now not booting, HS android table top units. It's POE powered.

Love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-UVP-E.../dp/B00USS4DCA

Last edited by AgileHumor; April 1st, 2016 at 10:57 PM.
Old April 1st, 2016, 11:13 PM
Seer Master

One thing I 'hate' about these desktop IP phones w/ android screens (ubiquiti, grandstream, etc) is that they're still playing catch-up on the software side to their well proven hardware firmware. They're even sometimes still behind a well implemented standalone (Android/IOS) sip apps (csipsimple, zoiper).