Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System.NotImplementedException error after upgrade to version 3.0.1.0

Hi Spud,

after uprading this plugin to version 3.0.1.0 and successfully re-authorizing with dropbox the homeseer log is flooding with this error message. I'm using hslinux version 297
    Any idea what went wrong?
    Thanks,
    Zigmund

Code:
    Linux hs3 3.16.0-4-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 3.16.36-1+deb8u2 (2016-10-19) i686 GNU/Linux
    Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-10)
    Error message:
    Code:
    ERROR System.NotImplementedException: This method must be implemented in derived classes at System.Net.WebRequest.set_ImpersonationLevel (TokenImpersonationLevel value) [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Net.WebRequest:set_ImpersonationLevel (System.Security.Principal.TokenImpersonationLevel) at System.Net.Http.WebRequestHandler.InitializeWebRequest (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Net.HttpWebRequest webRequest) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.CreateAndPrepareWebRequest (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in :0

The 3.0.1.0 version uses a new dropbox library which I think needs Mono 4.x.
    I tested this version on my Zee running mono 4.2.3 and it worked.

I'm reattaching version 3.0.0.11 of the plugin here in case you want to downgrade, it still works now but it uses a deprecated version of Dropbox API which will be turned off next June.

So if you want to keep using this plugin after June, you will have to upgrade your mono version, which can cause some inconveniences, you will have to reconfigure all your event triggers for example.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Thank you Spud.
      Reverted to version 0.11. It's working again. It gives me some time to test hs3 with mono 4.
      Zigmund

Comment

Hi, I have the same error. I noticed since the plugin stopped working. How to downgrade? Just download the package and upload it to Homeseer? I can see that the older version is still available in /user/local/Homeseer/Updates3?IFTT3.0.0.11/

So what is the recommended way to downgrade?

Also: I'm running my Hs3 on a Raspberrypi 2 with Debian 7. Will upgrading mono to version 4 work on Rpi2 with Debian 7 or will it break the system ?

Thanks,

Wiechert.

Originally posted by spud View Post
        The 3.0.1.0 version uses a new dropbox library which I think needs Mono 4.x.
        I tested this version on my Zee running mono 4.2.3 and it worked.

I'm reattaching version 3.0.0.11 of the plugin here in case you want to downgrade, it still works now but it uses a deprecated version of Dropbox API which will be turned off next June.

So if you want to keep using this plugin after June, you will have to upgrade your mono version, which can cause some inconveniences, you will have to reconfigure all your event triggers for example.
        Last edited by nl_user; February 14, 2017, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nl_user View Post
          Hi, I have the same error. I noticed since the plugin stopped working. How to downgrade? Just download the package and upload it to Homeseer? I can see that the older version is still available in /user/local/Homeseer/Updates3?IFTT3.0.0.11/

So what is the recommended way to downgrade?

Also: I'm running my Hs3 on a Raspberrypi 2 with Debina 7. Will upgrading mono to version 4 work on Rpi2 with Debian 7 or will it break the system ?

Thanks,

Wiechert.
          to downgrade download the package and the updater_override.txt file and install it as explained at the beginning of this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166057

upgrading to mono 4 will break your existing triggers, i.e. you will have to recreate them. I think this is the only side effect, but do a research in the forum there is a lot of posts about this topic.

Comment

I am also getting this error on an HS3 SEL Pro, v3.0.0.318.

how can I get this working? I'm not sure it is worth it if I have to follow a cumbersome mono upgrade process and re-enter all my events.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadi View Post
              I am also getting this error on an HS3 SEL Pro, v3.0.0.318.

how can I get this working? I'm not sure it is worth it if I have to follow a cumbersome mono upgrade process and re-enter all my events.
              did you check the version of mono on your SEL to make sure this is the same problem?
              recent versions of SEL are supposed to already have mono 4.x installed.

Comment

Where can I find the version? I'm not having any luck logging in via ssh - user/pwd denied.

Comment

This is the full error I'm getting

ERROR System.NotImplementedException: This method must be implemented in derived classes at System.Net.WebRequest.set_ImpersonationLevel (TokenImpersonationLevel value) [0x00000] in :0 at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Net.WebRequest:set_ImpersonationLevel (System.Security.Principal.TokenImpersonationLevel) at System.Net.Http.WebRequestHandler.InitializeWebRequest (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, System.Net.HttpWebRequest webRequest) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.CreateAndPrepareWebRequest (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.SendAsync (System.Net.Http.HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00000] in :0

Comment

Where can I find the version? I'm not having any luck logging in via ssh - user/pwd denied.
                    to get the mono version

Code:
                    mono --version
                    default ssh user/password is homeseer/hsthsths3

so if you have a 3.x version of mono your options to get this plugin to work are:
                    1. upgrade to 4.x
                    2. use the 3.0.0.11 attached to this thread, but the old API on which this version is based is supposed to be shutdown at the end of june

When did you buy your SEL?

Comment

The SEL was bought 2 months ago. Not sure if it matters, but the config was migrated from a Zee2.

Mono version is 3.2.8.

This can't be made backward compatible? What happens to my events if I go through the upgrade process?

thanks for your help

Comment

This can't be made backward compatible?
                        unfortunately, no

What happens to my events if I go through the upgrade process?
                        the trigger part of all your events will disappear, so you will have to reconfigure all of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X