www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old February 8th, 2018, 02:59 PM
OverSeer

HSTouch can't connect through myhs via vpn

When I'm away from home HSTouch won't connect via myhs if my V PN software is running. I can however connect to my system through myhs on the same device using a browser. Any thoughts?
Old February 8th, 2018, 03:33 PM
OverSeer

It might be a DNS issue from your VPN. Can you try to ping myhs when your VPN is active?

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old February 8th, 2018, 03:41 PM
OverSeer

Well, like I said, I can access my system through the web interface with the VPN on. I'm not even sure how to ping anything from an Android device.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:21 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-F View Post
Well, like I said, I can access my system through the web interface with the VPN on. I'm not even sure how to ping anything from an Android device.
With HSTouch using port 10200 that could it be that port may not be available on the VPN? You could try changing HSTouch to a known (think the option is in the HS settings if it is not an INI file setting) open port see if that connects.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:36 PM
OverSeer

I'll try changing the port but I'm not sure if it will help because I'm using myhs. Honestly I have no idea.
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:48 PM
OverSeer

What client VPN software are you running on your Phone (Android?) and what server VPN software are you running at home?

and

What Internet browser are you running on your phone?

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite Edition Beta 3.0.0.435

HS3 Wintel Touch | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins | Speech - Microsoft SAPI - Neospeech - Amazon Echo | Hardware | Haswell Intel iSeries 3 - 16Gb | Pine64 - 2Gb computers | Openpeak Intel Atom SoC tabletop touchscreens (15 HS tabletop tablets) | Touchscreens - Windows embedded POE connected |Light switches - X10,UPB, ZWave and Zigbee | Firewall - PFSense - 2 WAN plus 4 LAN interfaces | Network - Gb managed switches / POE WAP(s) | CCTV - Zoneminder IPHD cams - variety | Audio - Russound - AB8SS | Security - Leviton HAI Omni Pro 2 | Weather - Davis Vantage Vue - MeteoStick - WeeWx | 1-Wire - AAG, Midon and HB | OWFS - Mosquitto - Node Red - Python - RPi Stretch - OpenWRT
Old February 8th, 2018, 04:50 PM
OverSeer

Private Internet Access on the phone and at home.
Old February 8th, 2018, 06:01 PM
OverSeer

Does it work on your phone at home when you are connected to your wireless network?

I would open a support ticket with Private Internet Access as the phone client should work fine with the service as it talks only via one port.

You should not have to do anything on your end.

Last edited by Pete; February 8th, 2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old February 8th, 2018, 07:27 PM
OverSeer

It works fine at home on W-Fi. Oddly EgiGeoZone doesn't communicate with HS when the VPN is on as well. I'm discussing that one with the developer. Backitude works just fine though. It's odd.
Old February 9th, 2018, 08:52 AM
OverSeer

Not sure what telco you are using for your cell phone(s) there. Here in the Midwest T-Mobile is massaging the transport for their customers. I get messages from the T-Mobile Barracuda firewalls relating to my Homeseer 3 text messages here.

Odd for me as the source here is Homeseer and that never changes. I do not utilize myhomeseer dot com here.

That said I use IPSec VPN on a wireless client using the Mobile shared wireless and do not have issues with it. That is different though than using a VPN service.