This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon remote - on/off vs. ramp up/down

I'm just getting started on Insteon and I've noticed that the Insteon 8 button remote wasn't always triggering my events.

I've turned off the toggle feature so every button push in a green LED and an ON signal for that button (I toggle lights on my own in HS3).

But sometimes the buttons don't seem to work and looking in the log I see why -- instead of an ON trigger, it's sending a "Ramp Up" trigger.

I realize now that holding the button longer than -X- milliseconds seems to start a ramp trigger instead of just an ON trigger.

Is there a way to adjust / disable the ramp feature on the remotes?

Alternatively, I have to look for ramp up events as well in all my events to catch button presses that were just held a bit too long.

I did notice the LED blinks red instead of green for a ramp event.

Dennis,

this behavior is typical for all insteon devices/btns. A quick press is on or off, a press and hold is a ramp up or ramp down, and a quick double tap is a fast on or fast off (which is a 100% On at less than 1 sec, or a similar off)

each of these has its own trigger.

the timing of button presses and led colors is not user configurable.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X