www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler)

Insteon Plug-in (Mark Sandler) Discussions related to Mark Sandler's 3rd parth plug-in for controlling Insteon devices via Smarthome's PLM interfaces (the 2412 & 2413 series controllers)

Old April 15th, 2018, 11:28 PM
Seer Plus

Insteon remote - on/off vs. ramp up/down

I'm just getting started on Insteon and I've noticed that the Insteon 8 button remote wasn't always triggering my events.

I've turned off the toggle feature so every button push in a green LED and an ON signal for that button (I toggle lights on my own in HS3).

But sometimes the buttons don't seem to work and looking in the log I see why -- instead of an ON trigger, it's sending a "Ramp Up" trigger.

I realize now that holding the button longer than -X- milliseconds seems to start a ramp trigger instead of just an ON trigger.

Is there a way to adjust / disable the ramp feature on the remotes?

Alternatively, I have to look for ramp up events as well in all my events to catch button presses that were just held a bit too long.

I did notice the LED blinks red instead of green for a ramp event.
Old April 16th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Insteon Overlord

Dennis,

this behavior is typical for all insteon devices/btns. A quick press is on or off, a press and hold is a ramp up or ramp down, and a quick double tap is a fast on or fast off (which is a 100% On at less than 1 sec, or a similar off)

each of these has its own trigger.

the timing of button presses and led colors is not user configurable.

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory