Mono update went badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mono update went badly

Well, that went terribly... Lol. I have Mono 5.10 running (according to mono -V, previously 3.2.8), but can't connect to the web server and can't seem to get it to run (using any command I find online). SSH is fine via Putty. Guess I'm going to be spending a few hours tomorrow reloading from scratch.

This seems to be the first critical error when running sudo mono HSConsole.exe --log:
    "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies."

Then it fails to connect to the local server 127.0.0.1 (operation not allowed on non-connected sockets) 5 times. Then Wemo plugin crashes a bunch then --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Suggestions before I wipe and build from scratch? It's Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS + Mono 5.10.1.20.

EDIT: Looks more like HS3 won't run (tried ./go with no error and sudo mono HSConsole.exe).

Yeah, I was mostly able to get HS3 working with Mono 5.10, but there were a couple plugins that just wouldn't load. So, I backed it down to Mono 5.4.1.7 and all is well. Linux 16.04 here for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Winnah9000 View Post
      Well, that went terribly... Lol. I have Mono 5.10 running (according to mono -V, previously 3.2.8), but can't connect to the web server and can't seem to get it to run (using any command I find online). SSH is fine via Putty. Guess I'm going to be spending a few hours tomorrow reloading from scratch.

This seems to be the first critical error when running sudo mono HSConsole.exe --log:
      "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies."

Then it fails to connect to the local server 127.0.0.1 (operation not allowed on non-connected sockets) 5 times. Then Wemo plugin crashes a bunch then --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Suggestions before I wipe and build from scratch? It's Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS + Mono 5.10.1.20.

EDIT: Looks more like HS3 won't run (tried ./go with no error and sudo mono HSConsole.exe).
      Have a look at this link. https://www.mono-project.com/downloa.../#download-lin It will tell you exactly what version you should be using for your Linux distribution. I don't think your Linux distribution version is suitable for Mono 5.10 but I could be wrong

Comment

I'm just gonna reinstall Ubuntu from scratch with 16.04.4 and Mono 5.0.0.1. My install is currently wrecked, not sure what happened during the update in Mono.

Comment

I'm just gonna reinstall Ubuntu from scratch with 16.04.4 and Mono 5.0.0.1. My install is currently wrecked, not sure what happened during the update in Mono.
          Just remember to export your events, then re-import them after your upgrade. Your events will NOT work anymore going from Mono 3 to Mono 5 just by copying the Homeseer directory over.

Comment

Originally posted by dlover View Post
            Just remember to export your events, then re-import them after your upgrade. Your events will NOT work anymore going from Mono 3 to Mono 5 just by copying the Homeseer directory over.
            I wish I could've. I couldn't even access the web interface. I had to just copy what was left in the HomeSeer directory through BitVise and wipe the whole drive to start fresh.

It's working-ish on 16.04.4/5.0.1.1. I can get into web interface and what-not, most of my devices are still there (newer ones are missing because I couldn't do any backups). However, the biggest issue is almost none of the image files are loading in the web interface. I'm not sure what the issue is, I've tried changing their permissions all the way up to 777. I think it may have to do lighttpd because that has an error during boot and was giving me grief (I renamed the .conf file so that it wouldn't run it because it doesn't say how to configure it).
            Last edited by Winnah9000; April 17, 2018, 02:00 PM.

Comment

I wish I could've. I couldn't even access the web interface. I had to just copy what was left in the HomeSeer directory through BitVise and wipe the whole drive to start fresh.

It's working-ish on 16.04.4/5.0.1.1. I can get into web interface and what-not, most of my devices are still there (newer ones are missing because I couldn't do any backups). However, the biggest issue is almost none of the image files are loading in the web interface. I'm not sure what the issue is, I've tried changing their permissions all the way up to 777. I think it may have to do lighttpd because that has an error during boot and was giving me grief (I renamed the .conf file so that it wouldn't run it because it doesn't say how to configure it).

If you have WEBMIN installed stop the HomeSeer service
              For a simple repair try to update the system with say the version of HomeSeer you have or better.
              Example : sudo tar -xvzf /home/pi/hs3_linux_3_0_0_426.tar.tgz -C /opt

This is for incase you have HomeSeer on PI and installed in /opt

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                If you have WEBMIN installed stop the HomeSeer service
                For a simple repair try to update the system with say the version of HomeSeer you have or better.
                Example : sudo tar -xvzf /home/pi/hs3_linux_3_0_0_426.tar.tgz -C /opt

This is for incase you have HomeSeer on PI and installed in /opt

Eman.
                I have webmin, but I'm on an SEL with HomeSeer .425 installed in /usr/local/HomeSeer.

Comment

I have webmin, but I'm on an SEL with HomeSeer .425 installed in /usr/local/HomeSeer.
                  sudo tar -xvzf /home/folder name/hs3_linux_3_0_0_426.tar.tgz -C /usr/local

If can see where the file folder was downloaded like in the example above

Note: I renamed the file to .tgz in order to be able to extract it with that command.

Eman.

Comment

sudo tar -xvzf /home/folder name/hs3_linux_3_0_0_426.tar.tgz -C /usr/local

If can see where the file folder was downloaded like in the example above

Note: I renamed the file to .tgz in order to be able to extract it with that command.

Eman.
                    Where can I find the HS3 .426 file? I don't remember seeing a link on the site to the actual package.

Comment

Where can I find the HS3 .426 file? I don't remember seeing a link on the site to the actual package.
                      Download /copy and paste using this link : https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_425.tar.gz but change the 5 to 6 and paste in your browser. There is talk of .427 as well but read this : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160110 first.

Eman.

Comment

Download /copy and paste using this link : https://homeseer.com/updates3/hs3_li...0_0_425.tar.gz but change the 5 to 6 and paste in your browser. There is talk of .427 as well but read this : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160110 first.

Eman.
                        Thanks! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Comment

Eman.
                          Worked perfectly. Thank you Eman! Back to fully functional HomeSeer!

Comment

I too tried like mad to update mono and screwed it all up. I had to restore my SEL, then I found the script from Homeseer to update Mono. Mono did not update and it was missing packages like msbuild. So trying to find the msbuild package I wound up at the mono project installing the repository and keys. After refreshing the list of available packages I ran the Homeseer mono update script again figuring it was the safest option. The script completed with no errors, mono was updated and the myq plugin was actually working again.

Comment

Working...
                            X