EZFlora with ISY 994i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZFlora with ISY 994i

I'm starting up HS3 while also continuing my home control with HS2 that I've been using for years and years. I'm using the ISY as my Insteon controller but do all of my lighting from HS with events or just manual control. Also just started using HSTouch on my iPhone, guess I'm slow to catch on with all of this, at least I've dropped X10 for good . I've written programs in the ISY to control EZFlora and all that works fine.

I've thought about using HS3 scripting for my irrigation control instead of the ISY and this is when I notice there's a EZFlora plugin. I'm confused as to why I'd need the plugin. When the EZFlora installed into the ISY I got 8 devices representing the 8 zones to which I can programmatically control anyway I'd like.

If the EZFlora plugin has some valuable functionality will it work with the ISY as the insteon controller?

thanks for any insight you can provide.

-phil

Phil,

The EZFlora plugin is meant to enable the EZFlora to be used with the Mark Sandler Insteon Plugin. The Insteon plugin does not natively support the EZFlora but with the EZFlora plugin, the EZFlora device can be added to Homeseer when using the Insteon plugin and provides the ability to control nearly all of the EZFlora functions.

This plugin is not compatible with the ISY so you would not benefit from it. Your best bet is to continue using the scripting and ISY to control the EZFlora unless you switched over to the Insteon plugin in.

Adam

Comment

Adam,
      Thanks for the advice.

Years ago I was using the SimpleHomeNet Utility Suite v2.01 program with the EZFlora to set up the EZFLORA watering programs and other links and settings. Does the HS EZFlora plugin do everything that you could do with SimpleHomeNet Utility Suite v2.01?

-phil

Comment

Phil,

It has been a while since I used the SimpleHomeNet Utility, but the EZFlora plugin provides most of the functionality supported by the utility. The only features that are not supported by the plugin are performing a factory reset and setting up/modifying Insteon links (I may have missed one or two, but the plugin was developed to use as much of the EZFlora functionality as possible through the Insteon interface).

Adam

Comment

Working...
        X