www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Old December 29th, 2014, 10:32 AM
OverSeer

Thanks, that's just a dynamic dns service from what I understand.

Cheers
Al
UltraGCIR GC-100|UltraNetcam|UltraPioneer|Ultra1Wire|DSC PC1832|BLLED|BLTVGuide|ImperiHome|jon00 Utilities|MySensors

PHLocation|X10 CM11A IOLinc,etc
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:34 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkman View Post
Thanks, that's just a dynamic dns service from what I understand.

Cheers
Al
Correct which is more reliable as it removes some of the overhead that the myHomeSeer Remote Access service requires.
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Seer Deluxe

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
Are you using the free "myHomeSeer Remote Access service" or the paid "MyHomeSeer Connect service"? The paid "MyHomeSeer Connect service" is much more reliable.
I've already paid HS3 before introducing because I was sure it'll be better than HS2. One year later a special price was less than the one I paid !
First disappointment.

I still can't use HS3 due to the lack of plugins and the huge job of rewriting my scripts, and the number of bugs in HS3.
Second disappointment

And now you tell us that if we want something that is working, we have to paid for another service ?
Very bad and strange notion of customer relationship.

Anyway, I'm using the free "myHomeseer Remote Access service"
RFXCom LAN, IRTrans LAN+USB, USBModem, Oregon Scientific Sensors, 1-Wire, IPX800, Z-Wave devices
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:46 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Correct which is more reliable as it removes some of the overhead that the myHomeSeer Remote Access service requires.
Yes, but it also doesn't have the benefits (needs manual router config and won't support IFTTT channel once available, etc.)

Cheers
Al
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:52 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Yes, but it also doesn't have the benefits (needs manual router config and won't support IFTTT channel once available, etc.)

Cheers
Al
True but again ... It really come down to the experience the user wants and the features they want to use and the reliability they desire.

At this point I would recommend anyone having issues withe the myHomeSeer Remote Access Premium Service put in a help desk if it's not working.
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:57 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
True but again ... It really come down to the experience the user wants and the features they want to use and the reliability they desire.

At this point I would recommend anyone having issues withe the myHomeSeer Remote Access Premium Service put in a help desk if it's not working.
Agreed. Given that it's still Beta, people should log help desk tickets if it's not working, but HST should be monitoring these threads for feedback as well.

Thanks
Al
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:00 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Agreed. Given that it's still Beta, people should log help desk tickets if it's not working, but HST should be monitoring these threads for feedback as well.

Thanks
Al
Yes I agree but the resources are so thin that the odds of this being seen by HST personnel are very low.
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:27 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Yes I agree but the resources are so thin that the odds of this being seen by HST personnel are very low.
From my perspective that needs to change. You can't continue to release betas without having a good feedback mechanism...
Old December 29th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Seer Deluxe

Yep I am having the same issues with the "free" service. I can seem to log in easier in the morning as the afternoon things seem to get quite congested. Is more bandwidth going to be allocated to this service? I was under the assumption the paid service ($2/mo) was only really needed if you wanted to view IP cameras, ie: high bandwidth items. I figured monitoring the status of z-wave items would use very little bandwidth.
Old December 29th, 2014, 01:13 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
Yep I am having the same issues with the "free" service. I can seem to log in easier in the morning as the afternoon things seem to get quite congested. Is more bandwidth going to be allocated to this service? I was under the assumption the paid service ($2/mo) was only really needed if you wanted to view IP cameras, ie: high bandwidth items. I figured monitoring the status of z-wave items would use very little bandwidth.
The paid service that Greg (Rupp) is referring to is a different service (dynamic DNS only). The paid upgrade to the free service is for higher bandwidth as you've indicated.

Cheers
Al
Old April 26th, 2015, 10:07 AM
Seer

Quote:

Cheers
Al
What manual router configuration?
Old April 26th, 2015, 06:56 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leylander View Post
The newer myHS service doesn't require any router config.
Old April 27th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leylander View Post
You need to open a port in your router and setup port forward (so your router knows where your homeseer machine is). It's just a one time setup and you get to connect directly to your home machine from wherever you are (smartphone, office, abroad, etc).

On the other hand, MyHS starts and maintains a VPN tunnel from your HS3 machine to HomeSeer's server somewhere in a datacenter in US; So whenever you want to connect to your homeserver, you connect to HomeSeer's machine and it will connect your connection to the open pipe that it maintains to your home server.
HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum
Old July 3rd, 2016, 07:13 PM
OverSeer

Unhappy Now I am getting worried

Alexa or Amazon Echo arrives on Tuesday and the whole purpose of this vast expence is to communicate with HomeSeer.

However I cannot even get MYHomeSeer Remote to connect!

Not sure wher I am going wrong. Is there an idiots guide anywhere to connect it? Do I need premium?

A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"
HomeSeer 3 V 3.0.0.318 with ALEXA (AKA Amazon Echo)
BL Radar V2.0.217; BLRF V2.0.85.0; HS Touch V3.0.0.1034 X10 V3.0.0.42; PHLocation V3.0.0.38; Zwave V3.0.1.110; X10 V3.0.0.42
BLBackup V2.0.39;ImperiHome3.0.0.20 All on Windows XP Pro