Fibaro Dimmer 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibaro Dimmer 2

The Fibaro Dimmer 2 looks like an interesting product http://www.fibaro.com/manuals/en/FGD...-v1.01-3.2.pdf

Z-Wave+, power monitoring and configurable for leading or trailing edge (even in 2-wire mode) so should be more compatible with LED's.

I've often wondered why they couldn't make a Z-Wave trailing edge dimmer module to work in 2-wire mode when such devices (on other technologies) have existed for a number of years.

I have several Home Easy HE108 dimmers still in use here. They are trailing edge, 2-wire, RF controllable (with RFXCOM) and work perfectly with most dimmable LED and CFL lamps. The only negative is that they don't have 2-way comms which isn't ideal for a HA situation.

Paul..

Yes this looks very interesting. In many areas i see that 2015 will be a big year with many z-wave+ modules comming out.
    Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

I just got a dimmer2, it does not show up correctly in homeseer. It is possible to use it, but the devices for it is messed up.

It is better at dimming my LED with a transformer, then any other z-wave dimmer i tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Elmstrom View Post
        I just got a dimmer2, it does not show up correctly in homeseer. It is possible to use it, but the devices for it is messed up.

It is better at dimming my LED with a transformer, then any other z-wave dimmer i tried.
        I just installed a Dimmer 2 this morning. I added it non-securely and have it working with 6 x 12v dimmable LED's via 2 transformers and as far as the dimming goes it appears to be working perfectly well in trailing edge 2-wire mode.

Yes there are a lot of devices created for this node

If you read the product manual it explains what they all do.
        I ended up doing a re-scan on the node to get it to show a slider control for Switch Multilevel 1 rather than the position controls. I then played about with the status / control / graphics to get it to work like standard dimmer controls.

Node info shows speed as 40k but according to the last working route it was connecting at 100k

Paul..
        Attached Files

Comment

As always with new products HS has to work on this to have them added correctly. I had similar problem with Qubino dimmers before HS had a go on them fixing them properly. With HS getting Fibaro support i guess they will come with a fix for this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
            I ended up doing a re-scan on the node to get it to show a slider control for Switch Multilevel 1 rather than the position controls. I then played about with the status / control / graphics to get it to work like standard dimmer controls.

Comment

Open the Switch Multilevel 1 device for editing.
              Select the Status Graphics tab.
              Delete all the Status Text lines that HS has set up.
              Add new Status Text lines as in the attached picture.
              On the Configuration tab un-check the Use pop-up dialogue for control option.

The status graphics in the second picture are my personal choice and not how HS sets them up by default.

The ability to set a device image from the web interface is broken in the .197 version of HS3. If you are running .197 you can set it from a script like this, where "1234" in the first line is the device reference you want to set the image on and the second line is the path to the image file you want to use.

Code:
              Sub Main(ByVal parm As Object)
                  Dim dvref As Integer = 1234

Dim ImageFile As String = "images\Devices\PH_Devices\Fibaro\FGD_212.jpg"
                  Dim dv As Scheduler.Classes.DeviceClass

dv = hs.GetDeviceByRef(dvRef)
                  dv.ImageLarge(hs) = ImageFile
                  hs.SaveEventsDevices()

dv = Nothing

End Sub
              Paul..
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sooty; August 9, 2015, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot!
                I still have trouble getting the status graphics to work though. I have now set up the Switch Mutilevel 1 device exactly as yours, but when I switch On/Off or move the slider, the status graphics sometimes changes, but then quickly changes back to "unknown" as you see in the picture.. Most of the time it does not change at all, but stays "unknown". Any idea why this happens?
                Attached Files

Comment

The status taking a long time to update and/or showing unknown sounds like a commucation problem to me.

Have you optimized the device?
                  Does it respond to commands from HS?
                  Is group 1 associated with HS?

Note the changes in association groups compared with older Fibaro devices.

Paul..

Comment

The status taking a long time to update and/or showing unknown sounds like a commucation problem to me.

Have you optimized the device?
                    Does it respond to commands from HS?
                    Is group 1 associated with HS?

Note the changes in association groups compared with older Fibaro devices.

Paul..
                    It does not take a long time to update. The response is immediate both on the load and on the status. It is just that after about a second the status in HS returns to "unknown". The device itself is acting normal.
                    I have both group 1 and 2 associated with HomeSeer (Endpoint 1 and 2 as showed in picture)
                    I tried to optimize the device. Didn`t help.. I actually don`t think it is a communication problem. I have 14 Fibaro Dimmer2 devices all acting the same way!
                    Attached Files

Comment

With these new dimmers group 1 is now for the controller as group 3 was in the old device. Try removing both those associations and add a new one for group 1 to Homeseer without the endpoint.

Paul..
                      Last edited by sooty; August 9, 2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

With these new dimmers group 1 is now for the controller as group 3 was in the old device. Try removing both those associations and add a new one for group 1 to Homeseet without the endpoint.

Paul..
                        That solved it!
                        Thanks a lot for your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by kinnerod View Post
                          That solved it!
                          Thanks a lot for your help!!
                          You're welcome.

If you look in the user manual for the Dimmer 2 you will see that there are a lot of changes to the way associations work when compared with the old units.

The main one is that group 1 is now reserved for the controller status updates which I believe is the preferred way to do it now with Z-Wave +.

I expect the Z-Wave plug-in doesn't know how to handle these these new devices therefore sets up the associations incorrectly.

Paul..

Comment

Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 12

hi all,

I also bought a Fibaro Dimmer 2. European version. Fysical installing was easy, everything functions correct. Also including with my AeonLabs Z-sticks (new plus version) works oke. But importing node by controllermanagement in Homeseer results in :
                            Security class information is NOT present - cannot continue loading node 12

Result is a node in HS3 without further information, only its a Fibaro device.

Anyone sugesstions what to do?

Regards, Luuc.

Comment

Download latest z-wave beta. Remove node and re-add as non-secure

Comment

Working...
                              X