www.homeseer.com    
 

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Software > MyHS Remote Access Service

MyHS Remote Access Service Discussions regarding myHomeSeer Remote Access Service

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:48 PM
integlikewhoa integlikewhoa is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 1,236
How to use Http Get with my.HS

I have multipule HS3 servers in multiple locations and I currently port forward and send http command to flip virtual switches on/off via tasker. I'm trying to take the next step and close up my ports. How would I send an http command via my.hs to flip a virtual (set status) to on or off?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old September 27th, 2016, 01:55 PM
mrhappy mrhappy is offline
OverSeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: W.Mids, UK
Posts: 7,295
If you have the JSON interface enabled you can connect through connected.homeseer.com with your login details from MyHS - example here https://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old September 27th, 2016, 03:38 PM
integlikewhoa integlikewhoa is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhappy View Post
If you have the JSON interface enabled you can connect through connected.homeseer.com with your login details from MyHS - example here https://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._with_json.htm
Why thank you that did just what I was looking for.

https://connected.homeseer.com/JSON?...ef=384&value=1

I'm really new to all this, but I'm going to assume that my next security step will be to remove the user and password from the http request? But this has to be alot more secure then just opening up homeseer ports as I was doing before.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 26th, 2017, 01:25 AM
XboxMeister XboxMeister is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 20
Resurrecting this thread as I was just trying to determine if specifying a specific host was possible via MyHS with a JSON command. I've got a couple of HS instances in different places (and may add more) and signed up for MyHS Premium but not sure how to direct a command to a particular HS server (other than setting up separate users which isn't preferred).

Anyone figure this out?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 26th, 2017, 10:44 AM
integlikewhoa integlikewhoa is offline
Seer Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: California
Posts: 1,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by XboxMeister View Post
Resurrecting this thread as I was just trying to determine if specifying a specific host was possible via MyHS with a JSON command. I've got a couple of HS instances in different places (and may add more) and signed up for MyHS Premium but not sure how to direct a command to a particular HS server (other than setting up separate users which isn't preferred).

Anyone figure this out?
Yes, setup different users is the anwser. I use my main username for everything still but i created a user with "myusername.home" and another one something like "myusername.2ndhouse" or I use city names, but I use these just for this case only.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:23 PM
XboxMeister XboxMeister is offline
Seer
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by integlikewhoa View Post
Yes, setup different users is the anwser. I use my main username for everything still but i created a user with "myusername.home" and another one something like "myusername.2ndhouse" or I use city names, but I use these just for this case only.
Cool, thanks. I set it up in MyHS and seems to work well. Many thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Http trigger heimdm HSTouch™ 1 January 7th, 2016 11:26 AM
Http requests Dpaget21 Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Discussion 2 December 7th, 2012 06:29 AM
http 404 not found MUEcorp HS2 / HSPRO 4 April 7th, 2012 06:40 PM
HTTP Post & HS mrhappy HS2 / HSPRO 2 April 2nd, 2010 04:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Copyright HomeSeer Technologies, LLC