Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    If you cannot get your devices to sync, PM me your login info for MyHS so we can connect and see what is going on.
    Done; thank you!

Comment

@rjh I believe you may have fixed it for me. Couple times today I've seen a bunch of "MultiDevice Enable Voice Control" log entries go by. Since then, I was able to link my account. I hadn't seen this message prior to today. Thank you!

Comment

If you cannot get your devices to sync, PM me your login info for MyHS so we can connect and see what is going on.
        It worked. Took about 30-45 seconds to connect to MyHS and another 30-45 seconds to sync devices, after I rebooted my phone.

Comment

If 3.0.0.326 is required to use Google home then why isn't it being pushed out to everybody. When I check for updates it tells me my 318 is the most current.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Done

Comment

We got caught between releases since it took so long for Google to push this out. We are finalizing build 3.0.0.346 and hope to have this out this week. You can manually update to the latest Beta if you like.

Originally posted by Igorski88 View Post
              If 3.0.0.326 is required to use Google home then why isn't it being pushed out to everybody. When I check for updates it tells me my 318 is the most current.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

We got caught between releases since it took so long for Google to push this out. We are finalizing build 3.0.0.346 and hope to have this out this week. You can manually update to the latest Beta if you like.
                Thank you for the fast response. I'll wait for the release.

Comment

If you are having a problem with linking, there is an issue currently with it handling many devices, probably over a couple hundred. We should have a fix out shortly, but in the mean time, disable the voice command on all of your devices, then just enable the devices you want to control by voice. You should probably do this anyway since enabling many devices will probably result in errors since Google will have so many devices to manage.

You can easily do this from the device management page using the multi select checkbox.

Comment

If you are having a problem with linking, there is an issue currently with it handling many devices, probably over a couple hundred. We should have a fix out shortly, but in the mean time, disable the voice command on all of your devices, then just enable the devices you want to control by voice. You should probably do this anyway since enabling many devices will probably result in errors since Google will have so many devices to manage.

You can easily do this from the device management page using the multi select checkbox.
                    One of the problems I'm currently having is Google keeps adding devices that I have unchecked for voice command.

Comment

This makes a difference! To many devices was the issue thank you

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

@rjh One question I had; is the device list supposed to update automatically, or designed to be relinked? I find if I adjust the voice command box on devices, I have to unlink/relink for it to reflect properly on the Google Home side.

I definitely got bitten by the too many devices bug. I was looking last night while cleaning up, and pretty much everything, even status only devices had it enabled. Wish I saw your post earlier, as was doing it by hand from my phone at the time, which was brutal

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl View Post
                          @rjh One question I had; is the device list supposed to update automatically, or designed to be relinked? I find if I adjust the voice command box on devices, I have to unlink/relink for it to reflect properly on the Google Home side.

I definitely got bitten by the too many devices bug. I was looking last night while cleaning up, and pretty much everything, even status only devices had it enabled. Wish I saw your post earlier, as was doing it by hand from my phone at the time, which was brutal
                          I can only get them refreshed by relinking, please show me some magic as that involves renaming devices everytime!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw this cnet piece about shortcuts for google home. That might make it easier to connect some commands to HS without renaming devices.

Comment

Yes, right now you have to re-link, hopefully Google will fix this soon. I will ask them and see if I get a response.

Originally posted by mloebl View Post

Comment

Hey Rich, I just wanted to thank you for this! I think Google's implementation is way better than Amazon. Especially where you can create shortcuts to devices. Saves me having to rename everything.

As of today I have unplugged my last echo. Far happier with Google Home.
                                Looking forward to my Jibo (jibo.com) later this year.
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
                                Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
                                Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
                                Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Working...
                                X