Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.368

Thread for discussing HS3 release 3.0.0.368
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Not that it is a problem, but still not saying "Welcome to Homeseer....... Port 8#." It shows up in the speaker log, but doesn't talk to any other computer.... Otherwise, speech works fine....
    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
    Home Assistant 2024.3
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
      Not that it is a problem, but still not saying "Welcome to Homeseer....... Port 8#." It shows up in the speaker log, but doesn't talk to any other computer.... Otherwise, speech works fine....
      It appears that the speaker remote clients are connecting a little more slowly since 3.0.0.332. The client on the HS server loads quickly and plays the TTS rom the startup script. The startup script may complete before the remote clients connect.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I'm going to have to try this version, I could never get mine to stop saying welcome to homeseer
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

.368 downloaded and running. Nothing out of the ordinary to report. Running on Linux Raspbian on Raspberry Pi 3.

Here's to a final final.

Comment

Updated Homeseer Lite (Zee) to version .368.

Sep-25 3:44:08 PM Startup ************************************************************ ********************
            Sep-25 3:44:08 PM Startup HomeSeer version 3.0.0.368 Edition: HS3 ZEE S2 Starting Now
            Sep-25 3:44:08 PM Startup ************************************************************ ********************

Here noticed that start up script chit chat is not heard. Using Homeseer speaker on Wintel.

Sep-25 3:44:08 PM Startup HomeSeer version is: 3.0.0.368
            Sep-25 3:44:08 PM Startup Creating Speaker Client Interface Object...
            Sep-25 3:44:08 PM Startup This version of HomeSeer is registered as a HS3ZEES2 version.

Sep-25 3:44:18 PM Startup Initializing Speaker Client Interface
            Sep-25 3:44:18 PM Speech Listening for remote speaker connections on port 10401
            Sep-25 3:44:18 PM Startup Updater services starting...
            Sep-25 3:44:18 PM Startup Starting Find service...
            Sep-25 3:44:18 PM Startup Running the startup script Startup.vb

Sep-25 3:44:27 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: HS3W2003VB Instance: Default IP address: 10.0.2.15
            Sep-25 3:44:35 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: HS3W2003VB IP address: 10.0.2.15
            Sep-25 3:44:35 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped

Note this HS box doesn't have any HSTouch clients connected and only one Homeseer speaker connected. HSTouch is disabled on this box.

Tested manual speak event and it is working fine.

Looking at set up and it shows one speaker client connected.

Connected Speaker Clients
            Speaker HS3W2003VB DEFAULT
            Last edited by Pete; September 25, 2017, 05:07 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              I do not see a V.368 update yet for Homeseer Pro for Linux at this time.
              hs3_linux_3_0_0_368.tar.gz is on the server.

Is there a separate tarball for the Pro version?

Comment

Thank you Mark. Same tarball for Standard and Pro.

Typo earlier as for whatever reason was trying to download V.168 instead of V.368

Sep-25 5:13:04 PM Startup ************************************************************ ********************
                Sep-25 5:13:04 PM Startup HomeSeer version 3.0.0.368 Edition: HS3 Pro Starting Now
                Sep-25 5:13:04 PM Startup ************************************************************ ********************

Start up script here did speak stuff fine.

Here is a snapshot of HTop a bit after starting HS3 Pro

[ATTACH]63537[/ATTACH]
                Last edited by Pete; September 25, 2017, 05:18 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

CPU Loading on Linux Version of Recent Releases

Something has definitely changed on recent releases of HS3 for Linux. On 326 and earlier my RPI model 3 ran with steady-state load averages of < 1.0 and with CPU temps in the low-to-mid 50s. Average CPU% of the parent HSConsole.exe process was around 10-12% (it spiked from time to time, as you would expect, but that was the observable average).

Since 357 (including the most recent 368), load averages steadily creep up over a few hours to values in the 4 to 5 range, and the CPU temp climbs to thermal alarm levels over the same time (roughly 80 *C). After all startup processing is finished, CPU% of the parent HSConsole process shows on htop over 50% and slowly climbs to higher values. Within a few hours the CPU utilization will be at 90% and stays at roughly that value (which certainly explains the thermal issue).

From a plugins perspective, this is basically all "apples-to-apples" -- I'm running exactly the same set of plugins (and versions of those plugins) on 326 as on 368. The only reason I say 'basically the same' is that the HSTouch plugin is gone in 357 (and above) since it's in the core HS3 code now.

I realize that not everybody running HS3 is seeing this, but it's very consistent on my HS installation: 326 or lower, no issue; 357 or higher, big issue.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting to figure out what might be going on?

Thanks!

-M.

Comment

The "welcome to homeseer" text is generated in the startup.vb script. If you change the script, you may not hear it. Also, the script waits a short time for speaker clients to connect. If they take longer than this timeout to connect, the script exits. I suspect this is what you are seeing. You can edit the script and extend the timeout if you want to get it to speak on startup.

Originally posted by ewkearns View Post

Comment

Just edit the startup script if you don't want to hear it, or cjhange it something more interesting!

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
                      I'm going to have to try this version, I could never get mine to stop saying welcome to homeseer

Comment

HS3 configures itself to standard or pro based on your license, so no seperate tar file needed.

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
                        hs3_linux_3_0_0_368.tar.gz is on the server.

Is there a separate tarball for the Pro version?

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          Thank you Mark. Same tarball for Standard and Pro.

Typo earlier as for whatever reason was trying to download V.168 instead of V.368

Sep-25 5:13:04 PM Startup HomeSeer version 3.0.0.368 Edition: HS3 Pro Starting Now

Start up script here did speak stuff fine.

Here is a snapshot of HTop a bit after starting HS3 Pro

[ATTACH]63537[/ATTACH]
                          You're not running an ARM CPU are you? (or if you are, I'd like to know what it is since you have that much free memory!)

Comment

Odd, and correct, I don't see any high cpu on any of our test systems, windows or Linux. Any activity in the log? If you disable all your plugins, does it still happen?

There was a problem for sure with the betas where a thread was using CPU, but that has been removed in the latest.

The only change with the latest is the move of HSTouch into the main app. This moves some threads into HS, but they should be idle if no HSTouch clients are connected. Disconnect all your clients and see if the cpu changes.

My home system is Linux and I always have at least 2 clients connected. Just checked now and cpu was under 6%. This is on Raspberry PI 2. Z-Wave and Nest plugins enabled.

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
                            Something has definitely changed on recent releases of HS3 for Linux. On 326 and earlier my RPI model 3 ran with steady-state load averages of < 1.0 and with CPU temps in the low-to-mid 50s. Average CPU% of the parent HSConsole.exe process was around 10-12% (it spiked from time to time, as you would expect, but that was the observable average).

Since 357 (including the most recent 368), load averages steadily creep up over a few hours to values in the 4 to 5 range, and the CPU temp climbs to thermal alarm levels over the same time (roughly 80 *C). After all startup processing is finished, CPU% of the parent HSConsole process shows on htop over 50% and slowly climbs to higher values. Within a few hours the CPU utilization will be at 90% and stays at roughly that value (which certainly explains the thermal issue).

From a plugins perspective, this is basically all "apples-to-apples" -- I'm running exactly the same set of plugins (and versions of those plugins) on 326 as on 368. The only reason I say 'basically the same' is that the HSTouch plugin is gone in 357 (and above) since it's in the core HS3 code now.

I realize that not everybody running HS3 is seeing this, but it's very consistent on my HS installation: 326 or lower, no issue; 357 or higher, big issue.

Any suggestions on troubleshooting to figure out what might be going on?

Thanks!

-M.

Comment

Getting this error...

Unable to log into Gmail server: Authenticate as SSL client failed. You might be connecting to non SSL port.:Inner Exception: System.IO.IOException: Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream. at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceiv e(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsync Result lazyResult) at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation) at Limilabs.Client.ClientBase.(Stream )
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X