Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.425

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    Wow, I just installed .429 and there is already .430. So I shut down .429 and before I could install .430 HS Sentry started .429 again. Like Cracker Jacks, a surprise in every box.
    HSSentry is finally working as it should. It will restart HomeSeer after a couple of minutes, if it stops for any reason. When I am doing maintenance, I use task manager to stop the service.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

FYI, we are still fighting with issues with the Longitude change. It has been broken for a long time (-/+ backwards). But with the latest HS3 with it corrected, HSTouch weather screens have the incorrect weather. Hope to have a fix shortly.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

HSSentry is finally working as it should. It will restart HomeSeer after a couple of minutes, if it stops for any reason. When I am doing maintenance, I use task manager to stop the service.
        It seems that if you purposely shutdown HS3 then that should be that, no? HSSentry should know the difference between being shutdown by clicking "X" on the HS3 screen and an abrupt end to the program.

Comment

It seems that if you purposely shutdown HS3 then that should be that, no? HSSentry should know the difference between being shutdown by clicking "X" on the HS3 screen and an abrupt end to the program.

Don't know if it it realated to .430 but alexa says '' sorry device x is not responding'' for all the hs3 device. and no action take place

But it responds ''ok '' and the actions occurs with the ''scene '' ( event from hs3)

Comment

It doesn't. I would suggest that it is far more fail safe if it restarts HomeSeer, no matter the cause of the shutdown. Since shutting down HomeSeer could be on purpose or caused by an errant plug-in or Windows call, this method will restart it regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              FYI, we are still fighting with issues with the Longitude change. It has been broken for a long time (-/+ backwards). But with the latest HS3 with it corrected, HSTouch weather screens have the incorrect weather. Hope to have a fix shortly.
              So, if we purposely put the wrong values in the past to make it behave as desired, then after upgrading, do we have to put the right values?

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                Don't know if it it realated to .430 but alexa says '' sorry device x is not responding'' for all the hs3 device. and no action take place

But it responds ''ok '' and the actions occurs with the ''scene '' ( event from hs3)
                just upgraded from 425 to 431 and same alexa issue.

Comment

I believe build 433 finally fixes the longitude setting issues. I tested it with the HSTouch weather screens, setting the value manually, and setting the value with the drop list. Also tested it with EU settings.

See later builds.

If you changed your longitude with any build after 425 you will need to go back into setup and reset it.

Note that the setting will be reversed if you check it in the settings.ini file, but HS fixes it when loads it. It has to stay reversed in the settings for HSTouch.
                  Last edited by rjh; April 19, 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    I believe build 433 finally fixes the longitude setting issues. I tested it with the HSTouch weather screens, setting the value manually, and setting the value with the drop list. Also tested it with EU settings.

Build 433 for Windows is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_433.msi

Linux builds are uploaded also, use SSH to update.

If you changed your longitude with any build after 425 you will need to go back into setup and reset it.

Note that the setting will be reversed if you check it in the settings.ini file, but HS fixes it when loads it. It has to stay reversed in the settings for HSTouch.
                    Yikes, not such a Quick Win after all. Are you going to tackle the settings.ini issue with a later update of HSTouch?

Thanks for sticking with this!
                    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
                      just upgraded from 425 to 431 and same alexa issue.
                      This is somewhat a big issue...

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                        This is somewhat a big issue...
                        yeah. 433 same alexa issue. looks like myhs not communicating with aws api. i get no errors in log, so not sure what info to provide.

Comment

yeah. 433 same alexa issue. looks like myhs not communicating with aws api. i get no errors in log, so not sure what info to provide.

I do not have the problem with imperihome, which communicate with myhs too.

So it has to be something else.

.433 here too
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                            Yikes, not such a Quick Win after all. Are you going to tackle the settings.ini issue with a later update of HSTouch?

Thanks for sticking with this!
                            Rich, I am sure your slammed getting updates out, but .431 and .433 seem to have broken alexa calls.

.425 was working w/alexa

I would provide logs but I get nothing. just voice error from amazon "sorry device is not responding"

alexa app shows "device not communicating"

but events called from alexa work just fine

Comment

Last one for today!

JSON was indeed broken in 432, this is now fixed. This affected Alexa and third party control.

Build 434 for Windows is here:

https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_434.msi

Linux builds have also been uploaded.

Comment

It is not working here either.

Comment

Working...
                                X