Can I get an API key yet to use this plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get an API key yet to use this plugin

I bought this plugin a while ago, not sure how to get the API key now as everywhere I checked says not ready yet.

thanks

Did you receive a response to this request?

I too have purchased the plug-in, and am unable to use it.

Comment

WeatherBug states they will be resuming API signup in the near future. If you cannot wait, then please contact me at ultrajones@hotmail.com and I'll see if I can get HomeSeer to issue you a refund.

Code:
      Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 8:51 AM
      To: ultrajones@hotmail.com
      Subject: RE: Pulse API Status [ ref:_00D30Ua4._50040cN9qx:ref ]

Dear WeatherBug Friend,

It was pushed back at the end of last month. They are in the final stages. We do not have a time frame for when the development page will be ready again. It should be very soon now. Sorry. 

Regards,
      John
      WeatherBug Customer Care
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I moved H3 to a new pc and am reinstalling everything. I do not have my original api and it looks as if weatherbugs api has been gone since January? Are you going to update the plugin to work with something else or is the plugin no longer functional?

Comment

Originally posted by shane94 View Post
          I moved H3 to a new pc and am reinstalling everything. I do not have my original api and it looks as if weatherbugs api has been gone since January? Are you going to update the plugin to work with something else or is the plugin no longer functional?
          I am not holding out any hope that WeatherBug is going to be available any time soon. I put a lot of development time into WeatherBug and it looks like that effort was wasted. I have not been able to sell any new WeatherBug licenses for at least 6 months.

I am not able to find any good free weather API services that meets my needs. The method WeatherBug allowed me to use isn't allowed by any of the other weather service providers. I found one that really impressed me with its ability to tell me within a minute when it was about to rain at my location.

I will be offering a $20 upgrade (covers weather API access for the first year) to anyone that has an HS3 license to switch over to the new plug-in. However, I still need to figure out how to charge the $20 subscription fee for each subsequent year. The $20 per year fee will allow the plug-in to query the weather API about once every 8-10 minutes. I may be able to further reduce the yearly subscription rate by releasing a version that queries the weather API once every 20 minutes.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I'm good with the $20! My WeatherBug is still working, but is pretty lame and unreliable.

Love your plug-in, but WeatherBug has been a disappointment.
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              I am not holding out any hope that WeatherBug is going to be available any time soon. I put a lot of development time into WeatherBug and it looks like that effort was wasted. I have not been able to sell any new WeatherBug licenses for at least 6 months.

I am not able to find any good free weather API services that meets my needs. The method WeatherBug allowed me to use isn't allowed by any of the other weather service providers. I found one that really impressed me with its ability to tell me within a minute when it was about to rain at my location.

I will be offering a $20 upgrade (covers weather API access for the first year) to anyone that has an HS3 license to switch over to the new plug-in. However, I still need to figure out how to charge the $20 subscription fee for each subsequent year. The $20 per year fee will allow the plug-in to query the weather API about once every 8-10 minutes. I may be able to further reduce the yearly subscription rate by releasing a version that queries the weather API once every 20 minutes.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              I have always hated weatherbug Just lmk once you are working again I have no issue with the 20 bucks

Comment

I am just waiting to hear back from Rich if they can support a subscription based plug-in model. I have the plug-in pretty much ready to go. I just need to figure out how to recover my costs for the Weather API access.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                X