Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Sensor - Supervisory

Hey guys,

I just had another wireless sensor get stuck in "supervisory" mode. It seems that I still am flushing out those bad batch of sensors one by one. Has anyone ever looked into rebuilding one of these sensors or just not worth it?

"A sensor may get stuck in supervisory mode if a battery goes bad or you replace a battery. Seems a bad batch of these (sensors) went out years ago. I think there is a green or blue cap that signifies the bad batch. I have documentation somewhere."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...,d.eWE&cad=rja

I replaced mine with a new one from my stock. Just wondering... pitch or rebuild? ...or what is Matt talking about?

-Matt
    Last edited by mattm55; May 31, 2016, 11:16 AM. Reason: PDF Ref Included

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
    Hey guys,

I just had another wireless sensor get stuck in "supervisory" mode. It seems that I still am flushing out those bad batch of sensors one by one. Has anyone ever looked into rebuilding one of these sensors or just not worth it?

"A sensor may get stuck in supervisory mode if a battery goes bad or you replace a battery. Seems a bad batch of these (sensors) went out years ago. I think there is a green or blue cap that signifies the bad batch. I have documentation somewhere."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...,d.eWE&cad=rja

I replaced mine with a new one from my stock. Just wondering... pitch or rebuild? ...or what is Matt talking about?

-Matt
    Good info to have.
    I've never had one fail, but all of mine are from much later than 2006. Since the company had changed hands so many times, I'd guess repairing it is probably your best bet, especially since it's just a cap replacement. What have you got to lose, it can't get any more broken

The problems I have have are all of my window sensor tamper switches are failing as I suspect the switch contacts have oxidized, so I just bypass them with a solder bridge. The Smoke detectors are also starting to give "Obscurity" trouble alarms, so the primary sensors are probably getting weak.

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
      Good info to have.
      I've never had one fail, but all of mine are from much later than 2006. Since the company had changed hands so many times, I'd guess repairing it is probably your best bet, especially since it's just a cap replacement. What have you got to lose, it can't get any more broken
      Z
      Haa. Your correct. It's broken, what is there to lose. I'll see if I can fix and doc for future. Another good reason to try the new soldering iron.

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
        The Smoke detectors are also starting to give "Obscurity" trouble alarms, so the primary sensors are probably getting weak.

Z

at least that is your problem... i was getting a supervisory on one of the smokes... still working on the kitchen and... umm figured it out..

wife bought 2 new hardwired smokes as we have been here 12years and never replaced any of them (not sure why she bought 2 as there are 7 in the house). Then I asked her where is the smoke I took down so I can run recessed lights..

umm guess where it is.... THE DUMP!!!!! SHE THREW IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

so deleted it from the panel
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
          umm guess where it is.... THE DUMP!!!!! SHE THREW IT OUT!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHH
          Ha. At least you know now if your missing something else, where it most likely ended up? One good thing is, she isn't a hoarder!

-Matt

Comment

Working...
          X