This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Devices Lost

I had a system crash that was running my HS2. Not a problem, hs database and scripts backed up. Loaded a brand new xp system from scratch with hs2, installed latest versions of everything through updater. So far so good....

I change hs from the sample database to my data base and I see a message in log that my database is older version saving backup but all of my events and insteon devices seem to be present in that status screen. As soon as I go to the insteon configuration portion of hs none of my insteon devices are listed and when I go back to the status page, no more insteon devices......

Anyone have any ideas here....I thought this would be simple...oh silly me...

Don

You have to restore the config directory at the same time you load the backed-up database. Only the devices are stored in the database, not the configurations and settings.

Jon

Originally posted by dona View Post
    I had a system crash that was running my HS2. Not a problem, hs database and scripts backed up. Loaded a brand new xp system from scratch with hs2, installed latest versions of everything through updater. So far so good....

I change hs from the sample database to my data base and I see a message in log that my database is older version saving backup but all of my events and insteon devices seem to be present in that status screen. As soon as I go to the insteon configuration portion of hs none of my insteon devices are listed and when I go back to the status page, no more insteon devices......

Anyone have any ideas here....I thought this would be simple...oh silly me...

Don
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Perfect!

Thanks Jon, that fixed it....figured it was something simple!

Don

Comment

Working...
      X