• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace Device not working

Running: Insteon PLM Plug-In v1.7.3.1
    HS PRO 2.5.0.20
    Interface 2413U V1.6

I just got a replacement KPL 8 for a malfunctioning unit and the Replace Device feature isn't working. These are the various labels on my old KPL:
    2486DW V1.0 0612
    4405 1574 REV 1.3

New Unit is labeled:
    2486DWH8
    V6.0

The old unit was listed in the plug-in as: firmware 29 i1. When I run the Replace This Device and put the ID of the new device in I here my 2413U and the new KPL beep then I get a few updates on the webpage indicating it is re-programming and then I get this:

Your system could not be reprogrammed.Program And Replace Device - The destination device could not be programmed, function aborted before system/device changes were made.

I am doing this with the old KPL not connected to the powerline at all as I've replaced it with the new KPL. Any ideas?

Jabran

Jabran,
    this routine is far from perfect and KPLs have the lowest success rate because of all the links that must be transferred and updated. If your comm stats are low to begin with this will impact the routine as well.

You might consider just registering the new kpl separately and adding your custom links as normal.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Okay, I was going to be pretty amazed if that worked with all the links on a KPL. I'll have some quality time re-creating those this weekend. At least my kids will get to use the cordless phones as intercoms to help me test, that seems to be a highlight for them at this age, I'm sure that won't last long.

Comment

Working...
      X