Airplay Speak - HS2 Beta Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
    Sent log via email - let me know if you see anything - updated to 1.1.0.2 before running test.
    Thank you for testing and reporting. I think you may have a password configured for this AppleTV, please try to remove it as the plugin does not support password yet.

If it still doesn't work, I would need the full logs: on start-up the plugin discovers the devices and log all the parameters you should see something like this:
    Code:
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - Found Service: D830623275DE@AirPort Express 1
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - Resolved Service: D830623275DE - AirPort Express 1 - 192.168.1.95 - 5000
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - TXT Records = 
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - txtvers = '1'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - ch = '2'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - cn = '0,1'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - ek = '1'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - et = '0,1'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - sv = 'false'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - da = 'true'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - sr = '44100'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - ss = '16'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - pw = 'false'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - vn = '65537'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - tp = 'TCP,UDP'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - vs = '105.1'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - am = 'AirPort4,107'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - fv = '76000.14'
    18/03/2013 9:20:11 AM  - AirplaySpeak - sf = '0x4'

Comment

Originally posted by djmilez View Post
      Thanks Spud great job, now working on some of my devices. Tested ok on Phillips Airplay speaker, AirportExpress and PC Running Shairport4w.

Apple TV still has problems, different error this time. Raspberry Pi also has same issue it looks like.

18/03/2013 10:11:34 - Event - Event Trigger "Test Airplay Speak"
      18/03/2013 10:11:34 - AirplaySpeak - (Lounge): Hello Chris how are you today
      18/03/2013 10:11:34 - AirplaySpeak - Connection to Lounge (192.168.0.15:-16383) failed: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: port
      18/03/2013 10:11:34 - AirplaySpeak - Stack: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port) at RTSPClient.Connect() at RAOPClient.Connect() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.Speaker.Reset()

18/03/2013 10:15:58 - Event - Event Trigger "Test Airplay Speak"
      18/03/2013 10:15:59 - AirplaySpeak - (plexhometheater on rasplex): Hello Chris how are you today
      18/03/2013 10:15:59 - AirplaySpeak - Connection to plexhometheater on rasplex (192.168.0.4:-28870) failed: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: port
      18/03/2013 10:15:59 - AirplaySpeak - Stack: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port) at RTSPClient.Connect() at RAOPClient.Connect() at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.Speaker.Reset()
      Thanks for all the testing. Stay with me a little more, I think we are almost there

Please test version 1.1.0.3, hopefully it fixes this new error.

Comment

I beleive I have fixed all the problems reported in this thread so far.
        If noone report any new problem, I'm going to send version 1.1.0.3 to the updater tomorrow.

Comment

I installed the beta since I have an Apple TV

This is the error I'm getting when I try to speak. I also have an Pioneer receiver VSX 1121 that the plug-in is finding but no idea how I could use that (send to it) - if the receiver worked somehow that would be great...
          Any luck getting the 1121 to work with this plug-in? I have an 1121 and a 1021 that I was intending to play with over the week-end

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
            Any luck getting the 1121 to work with this plug-in? I have an 1121 and a 1021 that I was intending to play with over the week-end

Chris
            I did not have time - this weekend I'll load up the most current version and try a few things once I get it working on the Apple TV.

It would be nice if it worked since I can control the 1121 via the Ultra plug-in but to be honest I stopped using it because I could never figure out how to get pandora to play. I also had some problems with stability and the documentation is lacking WRT which errors mate to with functions in the plug-in.

Maybe if this Airplay plug-in works I'll re-visit Ultra's 1121 plug-in

Comment

Worked with 1121

I had some time before going to work so tried this AM after removing the Apple TV Password.

The plug in worked great but if the Apple TV is not in use (selected as the input on my receiver) obviously you don't hear anything.

Also tried with my 1121 - worked, but if the 1121 is not in HMG mode the first time a command is sent it switches the receiver into HMG.

Then if I wait for the 1121 to start up the airplay server (about 10 seconds) and send the command again it works.

I'll need to mess with this more over the weekend but this is very interesting and seems to have great potential.

Not sure I want it to switch the receiver automatically unless if can somehow put it back in the mode it was in before the command was sent - lots to be looked at but like I said very exciting that it works with the receiver.

Comment

Rasp Pi and Apple TV now working. Tested now all ok on all my devices.
                Still need to do some deeper tests with both speach and audio files but seems to working well, thanks Spud!

Comment

How did you get this to work with the Raspberry Pi

Originally posted by djmilez View Post
                  Rasp Pi and Apple TV now working. Tested now all ok on all my devices.
                  Still need to do some deeper tests with both speach and audio files but seems to working well, thanks Spud!
                  I have a Pi laying around - if it can drive a speaker that would be nice. Can you point me to the info to get the Pi configured as an airplay device.

Comment

I have a Pi laying around - if it can drive a speaker that would be nice. Can you point me to the info to get the Pi configured as an airplay device.
                    There are several ways of doing it. XBMC which is the first way I did mine and then recently a Plex client has been released which also has Airplay support. I think both installs enable Airplay by default, I know the Plex install did. If not just go into the settings and enable it.

XBMC - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...nstalling_XBMC
                    Plex - http://rasplex.com/

I've not had much great experience with the Pi output through the 3.5mm jack as it makes popping noises between each music track. HDMI audio is fine however. This appears to be a driver issue on the Pi from what I have found.

Comment

I haven't tested this myself, but another way to get airplay support on your Pi is to install shairport on it:
                      http://trouch.com/2012/08/03/airpi-a...ith-raspberry/

Comment

new version 1.1.0.5 attached to first post in this thread, which fix a problem while reading ini file. If you see the following error when the plugin starts, you need to upgrade to v1.1.0.5

Code:
                        22/03/2013 3:23:02 PM  - Error - Initializing interface: AirplaySpeak->HSPI::InitIO: Failed to init: 
                        Exception: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for an Int16.   
                        at System.Int16.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)   
                        at System.Convert.ToInt16(String value)   
                        at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.Speaker.CreateFromINI(String id)   
                        at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerManager.CreateExisitngSpeakers()   
                        at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.SpeakerManager..ctor()   
                        at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.AirplaySpeakApp.Init()   
                        at HSPI_AIRPLAY_SPEAK.HSPI.InitIO(Int64 port)

Comment

Thanks for the update for XP

Comment

Hi, Spud

I've running v 1.1.04 and it runs very good (Win7 prof).
                            The only problem is when I'm running a .wav file in mono, HS log shows:
                            wrong audio format, it should be stereo.
                            HS speaker client doesn't show such error message and I can hear the .wav file, but not over my AppleTV.
                            How to solve it ?

Regards, Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                              Hi, Spud

I've running v 1.1.04 and it runs very good (Win7 prof).
                              The only problem is when I'm running a .wav file in mono, HS log shows:
                              wrong audio format, it should be stereo.
                              HS speaker client doesn't show such error message and I can hear the .wav file, but not over my AppleTV.
                              How to solve it ?

Regards, Fischi
                              yeah, mono files are not supported yet by the current version of the plugin, but it should be an easy fix, I just have to convert on the fly to stereo. It will be done in the next version.

Comment

new version 1.1.0.6 attached to first post in this thread
                                this version adds support for mono audio files

I also added some changes to make the plugin compatible with XBMC
                                There are 2 new settings in the config page: "Before Delay" and "After Delay". These are the number of seconds to wait before and after an announcement is played on a specific device. From my tests I had to set both to 1 second for XBMC, otherwise I can't hear the beginning and the end of the announcement.

This can be useful for other type of devices like AppleTV or Receivers, because when they are in sleep mode and an airplay stream is sent to them, it can take some time for the device to wake up and often I can't hear the beginning of the announcement.
                                Last edited by spud; March 25, 2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X