X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
    Hi Riverhawk,

You have the terminology right and are really close with what you've done. Scenes can be dimmed, but unlike an individual device, they don't have specific brightness values. Since a scene can be composed of different types of devices and those devices can have different on-levels there isn't any way for the Insteon protocol to consolidate those into a single value.

For example, if you have a living room scene that controls 3 lights.

light 1 - A non-dimmable light hooked up to a relay switch
    light 2 - A ceiling light that has it's on-level in the scene set to level 128
    light 3 - A table lamp that has it's on-level in the scene set to 255

What is the current scene level? The Insteon protocol defines the brightness levels to go from 0 - 255.

You can send a dim or bright command to the scene, which will send the dim or bright command to each individual device. In the scene above, sending a dim command will probably cause light 1 to shut off and the other lights will dim by a small amount. You can keep sending dim commands until all lights are off.

So for HStouch, you need to use dim and bright buttons for your scene, not a slider.
    Makes sense, thanks. Don't want to get too off-topic, but I have the "Dim/Bright" buttons on device list page on the WebControl for the scene in question. They work as expected, but for some reason on HsTouch mobile I still have a slider to control the brightness(along with the on/off toggle). How do I replace the slider with the dim/bright buttons? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverhawk View Post
      Makes sense, thanks. Don't want to get too off-topic, but I have the "Dim/Bright" buttons on device list page on the WebControl for the scene in question. They work as expected, but for some reason on HsTouch mobile I still have a slider to control the brightness(along with the on/off toggle). How do I replace the slider with the dim/bright buttons? Thanks.
      I'm only played with HsTouch a little bit, mostly using the windows client to debug specific issues, so I don't know the answer to that question. The scenes are configured as dimmer devices in HS so maybe HsTouch assumes that all dimmers can be set to specific levels. Maybe someone else has made scenes work with HsTouch and can provide some insight. You also might want to ask that in a HsTouch subforum.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

If An ISY Program Event Happens

I have an event that should trigger when an ISY program becomes true. The ISY program simply turns off a scene at a time-of-day.

Whenever this event triggers, the plugin seems to lock up, and the event never actually executes. (Also, can't open Plugin Configuration, etc.) I've tried deleting the HS Event and re-adding it several times, along with restarting HS3 several times. It recovers after a restart of HS3, but only until the next time the Event runs.

The HS3 Error Log shows the following errors AFTER the event triggers:
        Jan-10 12:17:53 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin ISYInsteon, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Jan-10 12:17:53 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/VenstarTempHum.vb
        Jan-10 12:17:53 PM Event Event Trigger "Information Request Thermostat"
        Jan-10 12:17:52 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/Email Notifications. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:48 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page ISYInsteon_config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Jan-10 12:17:47 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/New Program. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:45 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:45 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:45 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/House Modes. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:43 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/Email Notifications. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:40 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page ISYInsteon_config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Jan-10 12:17:38 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/New Program. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:36 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:36 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:36 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/House Modes. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:29 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/New Program. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:27 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:27 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:26 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/House Modes. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:23 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin ISYInsteon, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
        Jan-10 12:17:20 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/New Program. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:18 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:17 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:17 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/House Modes. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:11 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/New Program. option = 2
        Jan-10 12:17:10 PM Warning Plugin ISYInsteon is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
        SCREEN CAPTURES:
        1) The "IF" statement of the HS3 Event, as entered originally.
        2) After the event triggers, you can no longer expand the event to edit it (It just displays, "Loading..." Note: Other HS3 events open normally.
        3) Once in a while the "Loading..." message will eventually timeout, and the "IF" displays this error: "ERROR: The trigger for ISYInsteon cannot be displayed due to this exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
        4) I restarted HS3, and now when I look at the Event's "IF" statement, it only says, "If The Becomes True". If I expand the "IF" to edit it, the full statement is shown, exactly as entered in screen capture #1.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
          I have an event that should trigger when an ISY program becomes true. The ISY program simply turns off a scene at a time-of-day.

Whenever this event triggers, the plugin seems to lock up, and the event never actually executes. (Also, can't open Plugin Configuration, etc.) I've tried deleting the HS Event and re-adding it several times, along with restarting HS3 several times. It recovers after a restart of HS3, but only until the next time the Event runs.
          The error is definitely a crash in the plug-in. That's why nothing works right after that. I created a new program event it's working fine so I'm assuming you have other ISY Program Event triggers set up and that they are working fine? It's only this one event that causes problems?

Can you create other events with that specific ISY program that work? Maybe try an enable or disable event and then enable or disable the program through the ISY. If it's any event with that specific program, then my first thought is that that it doesn't like the program name. In fact, it probably does have something to do with the name.

I just played around and created a program called "Bob's Test". The plug-in didn't handle the addition of this program very well and started throwing similar error messages. But didn't seem to crash. However, I did have to restart it to get things working again. Once it restarted, it updated the HS record and changed the name to "Bobs Test" (notice the missing apostrophe). Creating events using that program are working fine. I believe HS has a limitation on what characters can be used in device names and that's more restrictive than what the ISY allows.

So what's confusing me a bit is how your screen shots are showing the name with the apostrophe? Did you manually change it back? I tried changing it in HS and looks like HS3 does allow that now. But even after changing it back, my event still works fine.

My best guess is that somehow the link between the HS program device and the ISY program is severed and that when the plug-in tries to find the ISY device, it fails and crashes. If you don't have too many things tied to that program in HS, you could delete it from HS and let the plug-in re-create it when it restarts.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

You're right - nice catch. I had several programs with an apostrophe, and they were all in a folder that was named with an apostrophe. I removed the apostrophes from ISY, then deleted all of these devices from HS3, and also deleted the HS Event. After restarting HS3, all devices were re-created. I re-created the HS Event, but it still crashes.

I wasn't able to get an Event to enable/disable the program. Any time I try to do anything with "ISYInsteon ISY Device Actions", I get "Error calling the plug-in to get the Action US: An entry with the same key already exists". (See screen capture below). This occurred even with a manually triggered Event.

For now, I changed the Event to a HS Device Trigger (If "This device had its value set too..." and a value of "True" (2nd screen capture, below)
            Attached Files

Comment

I take that back, the HS3 Trigger works sometimes, but other times it generates the errors. I've not been able to determine what the pattern is. When the plugin stops working, the program status in HS3 gets out of sync with the ISY (True vs. False), so that, at least, explains why HS sometimes executes the Event, and other times it doesn't.

Jan-11 2:21:49 PM Warning Plugin ISYInsteon is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
              Jan-11 2:21:46 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin ISYInsteon:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Jan-11 2:21:30 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin ISYInsteon, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Attached Files

Comment

You're right - nice catch. I had several programs with an apostrophe, and they were all in a folder that was named with an apostrophe. I removed the apostrophes from ISY, then deleted all of these devices from HS3, and also deleted the HS Event. After restarting HS3, all devices were re-created. I re-created the HS Event, but it still crashes.
                Crashing the same way as above? I can see where it may be crashing when you try to look at the event, but I have no idea how it gets into that state. It appears to make use of a program ID that then doesn't exist. I've tweaked the code a bit so that it shouldn't crash, but output an error in this case. I'm going to try a couple more things before releasing an update that will hopefully not crash and instead provide some info on what's happening.

I wasn't able to get an Event to enable/disable the program. Any time I try to do anything with "ISYInsteon ISY Device Actions", I get "Error calling the plug-in to get the Action US: An entry with the same key already exists". (See screen capture below). This occurred even with a manually triggered Event.
                I guess I wasn't clear, I actually meant to use the ISY admin console to enable/disable a program and create HS event to track that. But again, I can't reproduce this error. I don't even know what it means. The plug-in only advertises one plug-in action and there's nothing in the plug-in side that deals with keys. I think HS is confused.

There is a bug trying to send an enable/disable command for a program but will just generate a normal plug-in error message.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I take that back, the HS3 Trigger works sometimes, but other times it generates the errors. I've not been able to determine what the pattern is. When the plugin stops working, the program status in HS3 gets out of sync with the ISY (True vs. False), so that, at least, explains why HS sometimes executes the Event, and other times it doesn't.

Jan-11 2:21:49 PM Warning Plugin ISYInsteon is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Jan-11 2:21:46 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin ISYInsteon:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Jan-11 2:21:30 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin ISYInsteon, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Once it's crashed, nothing is going to work right as at least some part of the plug-in has stopped. It's multi-threaded so some threads may still be running, but it's not going to be in any useful state.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Uploaded version 3.0.0.24 with some error checking on the program trigger function and a fix for the program actions that didn't work.

This should write an error to the log with a bit of info instead of crash if there's something funny with the program trigger.
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

V 3.0.0.24: I set the plugin to Debug level, and allowed the Event to trigger (Triggers when a specific ISY program becomes True). The ISY program triggered at 9:39 PM, and the program changed from Running True, to True, 4 seconds later.

The HS Event did not trigger, and the plugin crashed, but I didn't see anything different in the log...

Jan-15 9:41:00 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin ISYInsteon, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Jan-15 9:40:51 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:51 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:43 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:42 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:37 PM Warning Plugin ISYInsteon is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                      Jan-15 9:40:34 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:34 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:30 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin ISYInsteon, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      Jan-15 9:40:26 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:25 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:17 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:17 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:09 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/VenstarTempHum.vb
                      Jan-15 9:40:09 PM Event Event Trigger "Information Request Thermostat"
                      Jan-15 9:40:08 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:40:08 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:59 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:59 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:51 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:51 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:42 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:42 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:34 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:33 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:25 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:25 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:16 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:16 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:09 PM Event Running script in background: C:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/VenstarTempHum.vb
                      Jan-15 9:39:09 PM Event Event Trigger "Information Request Thermostat"
                      Jan-15 9:39:08 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:39:08 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs/HVAC. option = 2
                      Jan-15 9:38:59 PM ISYInsteon SetLocation2 : Setting Location 2 failed for /ISY Programs. option = 2
                      Last edited by CJVann; January 15, 2016, 10:08 PM. Reason: Added plug-in version#

Comment

It seems the plugin only crashs when I'm logged into the ISY Admin Console. While setting up the event, I was logged in and manually setting the ISY program trigger-time to "1 min. into the future", so I could test it. The plugin always crashed.

When I am logged out of ISY, and the ISY program triggers at it's natural time (7PM), the HS3 event triggers & runs normally, and the plugin doesn't crash. I hope that offers a clue as to what is happening.

Jan-14 7:00:05 PM TTS Speak ():Gabbys light is turning off.
                        Jan-14 7:00:03 PM Event Event Trigger "Pre-speech Sounds Notification Sound"
                        Jan-14 7:00:03 PM Event Event Trigger "Announcements - Gabby ISY Turns Gabbys Light OFF"

Comment

ISYInsteon restart causing unintended actions

Hi Bob,

I've been having an issue when the ISYInsteon plugin (v3.0.0.19) restarts it plays havoc with my system by triggering events.

The events are triggered by an ISY Device 'just had it's value set or changed'. All of these events get triggered when the plugin restarts. This morning I was awakened with various lights on throughout the house.

PHP Code:
                          Jan-17 1:06:47 AM         Event    Event Trigger "LED Warm_White Button Changed"
                          Jan-17 1:06:46 AM         Event    Running script and waitingC:/Program Files (x86)/HomeSeer HS3/scripts/Pond Pump.vb
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:46 AM         Event    Event Trigger "Pond Pond Pump Status"
                          Jan-17 1:06:45 AM         Event    Running script in backgroundC:/program files (x86)/homeseer hs3/scripts/Betabrite.vb
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:45 AM         Event    Event Trigger "Betabrite Pond Pump"
                          Jan-17 1:06:45 AM         Event    Running script in backgroundC:/program files (x86)/homeseer hs3/scripts/Betabrite.vb
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:45 AM         Event    Event Trigger "Betabrite Scarecrow"
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:45 AM         Event    Event Trigger "Betabrite Garage Door"
                          Jan-17 1:06:44 AM         ISYInsteon    Restart : -> _0120
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:44 AM         ISYInsteon    Restart Last message received before restart
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:44 AM         ISYInsteon    Bottom of subscription thread loop
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:44 AM         ISYInsteon    Attemp to close TcpClient
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:44 AM         ISYInsteon    Read exited with False
                          Jan
                          -17 1:06:44 AM         ISYInsteon    read The subscription connection to ISY has failed.
                          Jan-17 1:04:45 AM         ISYInsteon    read ISY subscriptionNo data for 120 secondsnetwork problem?.
                          Jan-17 1:02:44 AM         ISYInsteon    read ISY subscriptionNo data for 120 secondsnetwork problem?.
                          Jan-17 1:00:44 AM         ISYInsteon    read ISY subscriptionNo data for 120 secondsnetwork problem?.
                          Jan-17 12:58:24 AM         ISYInsteon    read ISY subscriptionNo data for 120 secondsnetwork problem?. 
                          It seems that the insteon devices' statuses are get updated when the plugin restarts.

Would it be possible to eliminate this headache by having the plugin NOT reset the devices whenever the plugin starts/resets for a limited time/startup delay?

I added provisions to my system to have these events not trigger when HS starts up and the ISY Plugin updates the devices, but this does not help when the plugin restarts once HS is already running.
                          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                            Hi Bob,

I've been having an issue when the ISYInsteon plugin (v3.0.0.19) restarts it plays havoc with my system by triggering events.

The events are triggered by an ISY Device 'just had it's value set or changed'. All of these events get triggered when the plugin restarts. This morning I was awakened with various lights on throughout the house.

It seems that the insteon devices' statuses are get updated when the plugin restarts.

Would it be possible to eliminate this headache by having the plugin NOT reset the devices whenever the plugin starts/resets for a limited time/startup delay?
                            Hi Mike,

I'm not sure I understand how a delay in setting the device value would change the behavior.

When the plug-in starts and connects to the ISY, the ISY starts sending the current device status to the plug-in (for Insteon devices). The plug-in doesn't have any control over when that happens. The messages sent by the ISY are just normal device status messages with nothing special to indicate that it's the "first" such message. For other types of devices like programs, variables, etc. The plug-in just queries those in sequence so they are delayed some.

Is there some reason for using the value set or change instead of just triggering on when it changes. I can think of only very rare cases where knowing that something set the value without changing it would be useful. Plus, I think the only time the ISY will do this is when something like the plug-in connects to it.

If you're trying to detect when a controller sends out a command (vs. when the responder applies that command can changes status), then it might make more sense to use the plug-in supplied ISY Device Events to trigger on those.
                            --
                            Bob Paauwe
                            ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

I don't know why I got in the habit of using "just had it's value set or changed". I changed the triggers to "has a value that just changed" instead. Seems logical.

Thanks Bob!
                              Mike

Comment

Bob,

Can you tell me what this means?

PHP Code:
                                Jan-20 6:09:59 PM         Plug-In    Finished initializing plug-in ISYInsteon   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:57 PM         Info    Plugin ISYInsteon with instancehas disconnected   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:56 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:56 PM         Error    Initializing plug-in(1): ISYInsteon Instance:: ** Expired **   

Jan-20 6:09:56 PM         ISYInsteon    GetOptions Leave   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:56 PM         ISYInsteon    GetOptions Enter   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:56 PM         ISYInsteon    InitIO Enter Called with COM1   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:55 PM         Info    Plugin ISYInsteon has connectedIP:127.0.0.1:54032   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:55 PM         ISYInsteon    I have connected to HS   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:51 PM         Info    Plugin ISYInsteon with instancehas disconnected   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:50 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:50 PM         Plug-In    Shutting down Plug-InISYInsteon   

Jan
                                -20 6:09:49 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:47 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:45 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:43 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:41 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:39 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:37 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:35 PM         ISYInsteon    Stop called.   

Jan-20 6:09:33 PM         ISYInsteon   Stop called
                                Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X