Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What hardware is needed to simultaneously turn on TV/Receiver/Apple TV with plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What hardware is needed to simultaneously turn on TV/Receiver/Apple TV with plugin?

I'm reading over the plugin user guide which is posted but I'm confused as to what Global Cache hardware is needed with the plugin to be able to set an event that will fire off a series of IR commands such as, turn on tv, select input on AV receiver, etc?

The user guide mentions Is this hardware needed or can you just define a series of button press actions in an event using just the Global Cache IP2IR hardware?
    Last edited by Ultrajones; February 19, 2015, 06:36 PM.

Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thank you Ultrajones, based on your responses to get started I'll order just the Global Cache IP2IR hardware and then your plugin.

<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Comment

A bit more expensive, but very good alternative with many more features is the Logitech Harmony Hub device. A HS3 plugin is available as well.
        Regards,

Rien du Pre
        The Netherlands
        Using:
        Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
        Plugin's:
        RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Interesting, I already use a Harmony handheld programmable remote controller.

Could you please summarize the main differences between the Global Cache device/plugin and the harmony hub & plugin? Why would I want the Harmony?

Comment

Working...
          X