Feature request - Delay speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request - Delay speech

Ok, this may be stupid, or there may be another way or existing way of doing this, but I was wondering if there was a way for BLSpeech to delay a speak command (by seconds). Perhaps using a special processing tag?

I know that if I did an "action" for it in my event, I could just delay the action, but for my locks I have 1 script that does multiple things. One of those things is speak "Welcome home, [Name]". However, it happens so fast that the person walking in may only hear "[Name]".

I could just delay the script, and if that is the suggested route, I will take it. I can't think of too many other uses for delaying the speech like that.

I just thought I guess I could also create a .wav file with no sound for X seconds and just tell it to prepend that.

Not necessarily related to BLSpeech but there is a SAPI5 tag which you can add silence to your speech text:

<silence msec='1000'/>Hello World

This would delay the speech by 1 second before speaking "Hello World".
    Jon

Comment

You could try what Jon mentioned.
      If you are using the speaker and zone switching in BLSpeech I believe there is a delay option for that but not positive

I could also add another special tag for this. You will need to put in a feature request for that
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        Not necessarily related to BLSpeech but there is a SAPI5 tag which you can add silence to your speech text:

<silence msec='1000'/>Hello World

This would delay the speech by 1 second before speaking "Hello World".
        Awesome! That worked great! Thanks!

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        You could try what Jon mentioned.
        If you are using the speaker and zone switching in BLSpeech I believe there is a delay option for that but not positive

I could also add another special tag for this. You will need to put in a feature request for that
        No need as the SAPI5 tag worked great!

Comment

Working...
        X