This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak Devices Examples

A new feature of weatherXML is the addition of logic to the Speak Items. In addition the Speak Items are now HS Devices so they can be included in Event actions like any other device.

They can be as simple as speaking the current temperature.
    I use this with a VR trigger phrase of "What is the current temperature"
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Getting a bit more complex you can change the voice from the HS default using the voice tag.
    And using the wind logic you can have one phrase spoke when the wind speed is 0, another spoke when the wind speed is greater than 4.9, and another phrase when the wind speed is between 0 and 4.9.

This example is using the same 3 phrases regardless of what time of day it is. You have the option to split the day by time and have different phrases before vs after the desired time.
    Attached Files
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Getting more complex with this example.

For the Temperature: Current I used the time option to control what is said after 4PM vs before 4PM. After 4 PM you could say "Today was a nice day ..." vs before 4PM "So far today it is nice. The temp is ..."

For feels like temp there is an option to not have the Feels Like temperature spoken if it is not more than n degrees different from the Current Temperature. In my case I have it speak if Feels Like is more than 3 degreed different. You don't end up with it speaking "The temperature is 75 and it feels like 75. " The 3 degrees is both above and below the current temperature. If the current temperature is 70 then the feels like would have to be below 67 or above 73 to be spoken.

You can also use two elements together.
      In this example I put Forecast Precipitation Daytime Today in front of Forecast Precipitation Daytime Tomorrow.
      Set both to use 4PM as the switch time.
      In the Precipitation Today I left the after 4PM blank. For the preiciptaion Tomorrow I left the before 4PM blank.

This results in the precipitation forecast for tomorrow replacing the today precipitation forecast at 4 PM. You get tomorrows forecast in the evening.
      Attached Files
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

To have the device speak you enter an action of Control A Device. Select the device you want to speak and set the status value to Speak.

The trigger can be any trigger available to your HS events. You can use anything that you would use on any other event.
        Attached Files
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
        X