This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
    Yea, all my boxes are extra deep. Our house was more or less gutted 12 years ago after a fire.

Village code specifies metal boxes and conduit so no go on replacing with plastic. I could get away with it until we sell the house in the future.

I'm thinking the rounded corners of the mud ring are my issue. Anyone think it would be viable to take a metal file and file out the rounded corners?

Wow, that's highly restrictive code.

Would something like this work?

http://www.garvinindustries.com/mobi...FYIfhgodClcM3A
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      We have firmware to test. If you want to give it a whirl, send me an email (mark at homeseer.com)

Mark does the firmware include some of the other requests? Like the remote ramp rate?

Comment

The fix will be a firmware update for the switch. To install the update, you'll need Z-Wave plug-in .80 or higher. We are testing this now and expect to roll it out pretty quickly.
        There was another post saying it is ready for the on/off/on issue, I emailed for that to get it for two of my WS100s where I see that issue. Just emailed for this post to also get it for the WD100s since this ms setting stuck at 3 is applicable to WD100s (config obviously not present on the WS version), presuming firmware is different for the two models. Thanks.

John

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          Wow, that's highly restrictive code.

Would something like this work?

http://www.garvinindustries.com/mobi...FYIfhgodClcM3A
          Wow, wish the contractor put those in originally.

That would be a lot of work. Cut the drywall enough on any side that a conduit connects to the box. Remove box, install replacement. Lots of patching and painting.

I'll order another switch to see how difficult it is to fit along side another one. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by AutomatedJim View Post
            Wow, wish the contractor put those in originally.

That would be a lot of work. Cut the drywall enough on any side that a conduit connects to the box. Remove box, install replacement. Lots of patching and painting.

I'll order another switch to see how difficult it is to fit along side another one. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Where you have space all around the box, you could cut out a much larger section of drywall, do your conduit/box work, then just enlarge the old hole in the same drywall section and drop it back in. That would save a lot of hassle with broken/crumbling edges. Also, I always use a knife rather than a saw to cut drywall. Less mess and easier to get nice tight re-use of original material
            cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
              Mark does the firmware include some of the other requests? Like the remote ramp rate?
              Ramp rate only pertains to the dimmer. This firmware update is for the wall switch (on/off). FYI
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

OK, the v5.14 firmware is now available for download here: http://www.homeseer.com/current-downloads.html

Be sure to follow the instructions in the READ-ME file.

Note: you may have to re-include the switch into your network after the update but test first.

Comment

Ramp rate only pertains to the dimmer. This firmware update is for the wall switch (on/off). FYI
                  Yep, late last night, wasn't paying attention. Thanks.

Comment

Anyone try the firmware update yet?

Comment

I applied it to one switch and, so far, so good -- though the firmware took a bit of time to upload

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
                        ..though the firmware took a bit of time to upload
                        yup, that's documented in the READ-ME. OK, good.

Comment

yup, that's documented in the READ-ME. OK, good.

I know and read it--if it was a bit later, I could have grabbed a beer to enjoy. The update seems to fix the issue, much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
                            .. I could have grabbed a beer to enjoy...
                            I'll put that in the next READ-ME revision!

Comment

I used it on three switches. One was bad all of the time and the other two were intermittent.

The first was the one that was always acting up. The firmware took just shy of 12 minutes to upload, so be patient. The firmware did not fix that one. I power cycled it and it still was acting up. Then I excluded it and included it again and it was fixed. I have tested it extensively and it is working perfectly.

The second switch I tried was one that was intermittent. The firmware took about 11 minutes again and indicated that it was failing but trying again. It completed successfully. The switch worked perfectly after the upload. I did notice that the switch was extremely slow getting to the root configuration. I excluded/included it and it became very fast getting to the configuration page.

The third switch was on a different Z-Net and a different network. This update took about 6 minutes and the switch was working perfectly. Again, it became extremely slow loading the configuration page and again excluding/including it cured the slowness. The first two on my primary Z-Net showed "Direct (40K)" and the third showed "Direct (100K)" which would explain the speed difference. I have no idea how the Z-Net decides the speed, because all three switches were within 15 feet of each controller.

Now with over 24 hours on the firmware, the problem has not manifested itself. My takeaways are that the firmware definitely solves the problem, but it might be a good idea to exclude/include them in HomeSeer again after the update if anything seems to be wrong.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                ... it might be a good idea to exclude/include them in HomeSeer again after the update if anything seems to be wrong.
                                Yes, this is documented in the READ-ME file (thanks to your experience).

Thanks Randy!

Comment

Working...
                                X