How to get programming password?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get programming password?

Guys, my alarm system was put in years ago by a monitoring company and while I have the system connected to my automation panel and Homeseer I do not have the programming passwords to use to change any of my zone assignments and such within the system. I am curious to know if guys know how to either reset that password or get it from the boards in case I need to change things since I have severed my relationship with the monitoring company.

Thoughts?

Yes, this has been discussed in a prior/old thread (3rd Party Legacy area) for the Concord. While the steps haven't been verified to work, it would be up to you to give it a try and report back letting us know if it worked or not.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156326

I really think an eprom reader would be the way to actually read the pwd and/or reset it?

You could try guessing if you haven't already?

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mattm55 View Post
      Yes, this has been discussed in a prior/old thread (3rd Party Legacy area) for the Concord. While the steps haven't been verified to work, it would be up to you to give it a try and report back letting us know if it worked or not.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=156326

I really think an eprom reader would be the way to actually read the pwd and/or reset it?

You could try guessing if you haven't already?

-Matt
      Also

Z

Comment

Thanks guys, I will spend some time playing guess the code before trying anything crazy, just wanted to ask before hand.

At this point I have NOT tried guessing any codes or anything like that, just looking for information up front as I did not know if there was a lock out or anything like that.

Comment

Working...
        X