Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status not Changing

Hi,

My status of XBMC device is stuck on Stopped. A movie is playing and the status on XBMC is still showing as stopped. Same for if the movie is paused. Even when controlling my device straight from HS3 the status doesn't change. When I press any other controls the other than Stop the time doesn't update to state the last change.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1210308

Are the status values correct below?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1210309

This can happen with a stalled connection - I have events every 15 minutes to just change the root device to connected.

Comment

Originally posted by huntley1 View Post
      Hi,

My status of XBMC device is stuck on Stopped. A movie is playing and the status on XBMC is still showing as stopped. Same for if the movie is paused. Even when controlling my device straight from HS3 the status doesn't change. When I press any other controls the other than Stop the time doesn't update to state the last change.
      [ATTACH]58302[/ATTACH]

Are the status values correct below?
      [ATTACH]58303[/ATTACH]
      Your status values are correct.

When you enable/disable the plugin and then start to play something on Kodi does it work?
      If it doesn't work then look at this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...68#post1281868
      you may have another program (Squeezebox?) listening on port 9090.

If the problem only appear after some time, then as Furious said, the connection may be stalled. So you may need to disconnect/connect. I will fix this bug soon.
      Last edited by spud; January 18, 2017, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I looked at my port listening and port 9090 doesn't show up in the list. Also, neither does port 8080. Shouldn't this be listening if Kodi uses port 8080?Click image for larger version

Name:	port.jpg
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	1188274

Also, I notice this error in my log file when I disconnect and re-connect Kodi while a movie is playing. I hope this sheds some light.Click image for larger version

Name:	log.jpg
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	1188273

Comment

Any idea what the above error means?

Comment

Any idea what the above error means?
            what version of Kodi are you running?

on the machine where Kodi runs, you should see it listening on both 9090 and 8080

Comment

I've just noticed the state just changed to playing first time OK (I think), then if I stop and start playing again, it only changes to paused?
              The state changes to stopped OK though, just goes to paused instead of playing. I am using the Kodi Remote app for iphone to control it. Any ideas?

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                I've just noticed the state just changed to playing first time OK (I think), then if I stop and start playing again, it only changes to paused?
                The state changes to stopped OK though, just goes to paused instead of playing. I am using the Kodi Remote app for iphone to control it. Any ideas?

Cheers

J

Comment

Jan-06 15:46:32 Event Event Trigger "AV Lounge XBMC PLAY Skip back"
                  Jan-06 15:46:32 Event Event Trigger "AV !TV devices playing"
                  Jan-06 15:46:32 Event Event Trigger "AV Lounge TV PIR timer reset"
                  Jan-06 15:46:32 XBMC DEBUG OnPlay
                  Jan-06 15:46:31 Device Control Device: MediaController Philips TV Volume to Volume 28% (28) Jan-06 15:46:31 Event Event Trigger "AV Lounge TV STOP Volume"
                  Jan-06 15:46:31 Z-Wave Device: Downstairs Lounge Temperature Set to 19.7 (C)
                  Jan-06 15:46:26 Event Event Trigger "AV !TV devices stop"
                  Jan-06 15:46:26 XBMC DEBUG OnStop

Yes the top one says OnPlay yet the device said Paused.
                  Note that it was fine the first time I started the film playing, but after stopping then starting again I get paused when its playing.

Kodi 17.0-alpha2 on an apple tv.

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                    Jan-06 15:46:32 Event Event Trigger "AV Lounge XBMC PLAY Skip back"
                    Jan-06 15:46:32 Event Event Trigger "AV !TV devices playing"
                    Jan-06 15:46:32 Event Event Trigger "AV Lounge TV PIR timer reset"
                    Jan-06 15:46:32 XBMC DEBUG OnPlay
                    Jan-06 15:46:31 Device Control Device: MediaController Philips TV Volume to Volume 28% (28) Jan-06 15:46:31 Event Event Trigger "AV Lounge TV STOP Volume"
                    Jan-06 15:46:31 Z-Wave Device: Downstairs Lounge Temperature Set to 19.7 (C)
                    Jan-06 15:46:26 Event Event Trigger "AV !TV devices stop"
                    Jan-06 15:46:26 XBMC DEBUG OnStop

Yes the top one says OnPlay yet the device said Paused.
                    Note that it was fine the first time I started the film playing, but after stopping then starting again I get paused when its playing.

Kodi 17.0-alpha2 on an apple tv.

Cheers

J
                    I installed Kodi 17 rc2, but I couldn't reproduce this problem.
                    Does it happen only when using the Kodi Remote app, or also when controlling directly from Kodi?

in version 3.0.0.41 available here all the JSON traffic is logged at debug level, and you can log to a file. This should help to troubleshoot this kind of issue.
                    Last edited by spud; January 9, 2017, 04:59 PM.

Comment

It does the same thing when I use the TV remote. So thats controlling it direct from Kodi right?
                      First time seemed OK. Stop it. Start it again, and it stays on paused.
                      I've put the .41 beta on so I'll catch a log tomorrow.

Cheers

J

Comment

Hi Spud,

I'm back and I can focus on resolving this issue now.

I'm running Kodi 16.1. It's running Kodi on an Android box, so I'm not sure about how to listen for the ports. I'm a Windows guy.

Also, there was an evening where I was using my Kodi box and noticed that they the status was updating. I have a couple events in Homeseer that uses the status to triggger action. They were running for about an hour for the first time. I also noticed that the IP address for the Homeseer controller had also changed. Not sure if the two are related or not. It hasn't worked again since

Comment

Hi Spud,

I'm back and I can focus on resolving this issue now.

I'm running Kodi 16.1. It's running Kodi on an Android box, so I'm not sure about how to listen for the ports. I'm a Windows guy.

Also, there was an evening where I was using my Kodi box and noticed that they the status was updating. I have a couple events in Homeseer that uses the status to triggger action. They were running for about an hour for the first time. I also noticed that the IP address for the Homeseer controller had also changed. Not sure if the two are related or not. It hasn't worked again since
                          Could you install version 3.0.1.0 available here

and capture a Debug log when you enable the plugin, and when you start playing something on Kodi

Note that this version has some breaking changes read this: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186693

Comment

I did the update and it was working on and off for a bit (about an hour). I find that when I disable and then enable the plug-in was I had it working the most. not all times, but sometimes. Now I can get it to work at all again. Here is the log file from the time I enable the plug-in to playing a movie.Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1188601

Comment

I did the update and it was working on and off for a bit (about an hour). I find that when I disable and then enable the plug-in was I had it working the most. not all times, but sometimes. Now I can get it to work at all again. Here is the log file from the time I enable the plug-in to playing a movie.[ATTACH]58962[/ATTACH]
                              please set the log level to Debug

Comment

Working...
                              X