X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Motion detector issues

Hi, I am hoping someone can help.
    I use Homeseer HS3.
    Generally all insteon devices, switches, appliance modules work really well through HS3.
    Motion detectors do not. I've got a variety of them but generally the Model 2842-222

What I notice in HS is the "motion" goes on and often the motion under device view stays active for a long time, sometimes gets stuck and does not return to No Motion. Last status I have taken all jumpers off and left the 5th one on so I can control with HS. I've disabled/enabled occupancy, tried just on and nothing works reliably.

I have also noticed that I can walk by the motion detector multiple times and it flashed RED (pickup up motion) but no light through HS is switched and HS does not notice the motion change.

What I am noticing in HS logs is that it appears that HS sees some data from the motion but there is no ON coming through.

Parallel to this what almost always works is if the motion detector is directly linked with a switch. I would say that works reliably.

MY GOAL to run these motion detectors through HS was to control my Vanstar T1500 or insteon Thermostat controls (think that's close to the correct name and model, not exact). AND I have a counter that resets to "0" every time the motion goes on and there is where I notice that the counter often runs 5, 7, 10 minutes before the motion ON re-triggers it. This is on ALL motion detectors at different locations the same. I moved an Access Point in the same room even to test. Again, they work great controlling the devices directly but its kind of hard using HS to control Thermo and lights, scenes, etc. with this not being reliable.

I am thinking that if I can reliably get that motion status indicator to reliably go back to "no motion" (green symbol) then it might work better, however I want new motion to trigger it again reliably. Really frustrating.

any ideas to keep me sane is appreciated!? Thanks in advance.
Working...
X