Virtual Device Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Device Questions

I have a virtual on/off device for my cabinet LED lights. It is tied to an event for control of MiLight. Works well for on/off.

Enter voice commands and colors.

I created a voice event to turn the MiLight blue. Works fine to make light blue even if light is off however the virtual switch status remains off so when I go to turn that off it is already off and nothing happens.

Is there a way to force an off command to a virtual device even if it is off or a script that might help?

Here is my event:

IF
    Kitchen Cabinet Lights changes and becomes Off
    Then
    Set Device Jon00 RGBW LED Counter Control to Off
    Then
    Wait 1 Second
    Then
    Set Device Jon00 RGBW LED Cabinet Control to Off

Comment

Originally posted by Planetview View Post
      Here is my event:

IF
      Kitchen Cabinet Lights changes and becomes Off
      Then
      Set Device Jon00 RGBW LED Counter Control to Off
      Then
      Wait 1 Second
      Then
      Set Device Jon00 RGBW LED Cabinet Control to Off
      Instead of "Changes and becomes Off" use:
      "Had it's value set to Off"

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
        Instead of "Changes and becomes Off" use:
        "Had it's value set to Off"

Z
        Fantastic, it worked for voice control! Thank you.

A follow up question...

Is there a way to set virtual device status to on without triggering the on event behind it?

With tablets I have presets for LED colors but when I use them the virtual rocker switch is still off for cabinet lights. I tried running the event tied to virtual switch in combinations with MiLight color actions but it always runs second and changes the color back to white. Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Fantastic, it worked for voice control! Thank you.

A follow up question...

Is there a way to set virtual device status to on without triggering the on event behind it?

With tablets I have presets for LED colors but when I use them the virtual rocker switch is still off for cabinet lights. I tried running the event tied to virtual switch in combinations with MiLight color actions but it always runs second and changes the color back to white. Hope this makes sense.
          No, but it sounds like you may be able to redesign how you're doing this. The rocker switch virtual device ON should be ON (and OFF) otherwise it's going to be confusing. Why would you want to turn it on and not have the event trigger? You may need to add some conditionals (ANDs) to the event??

Post your event and let everyone take a look at it.

Z

Comment

Thanks. Below is the event behind the virtual rocker switch (Kitchen Cabinet Lights) used on my tablets which still shows off if I use a preset for MiLight and select a color from tablet or voice.

I tried making an event turning on the rocker first then selecting the MiLight preset color but it always fires back to the white color of turning on rocker even if I include a substantial wait after running event to turn on Kitchen Cabinet Lights.

IF
            Kitchen Cabinet Lights had its value set to On
            Then
            Set Device Jon00 RGBW LED Counter Control to White
            Then
            Wait 1 Second
            Then
            Set Device Jon00 RGBW LED Cabinet Control to White
            Then
            Wait 1 Second

Comment

Thanks. Below is the event behind the virtual rocker switch (Kitchen Cabinet Lights) used on my tablets which still shows off if I use a preset for MiLight and select a color from tablet or voice.

I tried making an event turning on the rocker first then selecting the MiLight preset color but it always fires back to the white color of turning on rocker even if I include a substantial wait after running event to turn on Kitchen Cabinet Lights.

IF
              Kitchen Cabinet Lights had its value set to On
              Then
              Set Device Jon00 RGBW LED Counter Control to White
              Then
              Wait 1 Second
              Then
              Set Device Jon00 RGBW LED Cabinet Control to White
              Then
              Wait 1 Second
              Not familiar with Jon00 LED control, so not sure how that's accomplished. You're using HStouch to control from your tablet?

Z

Comment

I am using ImperiHome on the tablets, could not get HS Touch to work. It is a simple on/off switch in ImperiHome for the virtual device but can't do anything fancy on that end of it so things would have to be in HomeSeer side.

Jon00 LED control has a device with white, color or disco modes to turn it on or off. Then there is another device with all the presets for colors.

Comment

I am using ImperiHome on the tablets, could not get HS Touch to work. It is a simple on/off switch in ImperiHome for the virtual device but can't do anything fancy on that end of it so things would have to be in HomeSeer side.

Jon00 LED control has a device with white, color or disco modes to turn it on or off. Then there is another device with all the presets for colors.
                  Hopefully someone that's using those apps can help you.

Z

Comment

OK, thanks for the help with voice part.

Comment

Working...
                    X