Partial connectivity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stain View Post
    No offense taken. Sometimes its double checking the basics to make sure dumb mistakes aren't made

I'm using pieces of 20 gauge wire in the female connector directly on the AM. I'm checking #5 (top left) and #2 (top, second from right). I reset power to the system, and am now getting a reading of 1.8V.
    Should be about 5+ vdc. 1.8 sounds like AC?

Z

Comment

Originally posted by vasrc View Post
      Should be about 5+ vdc. 1.8 sounds like AC?

Z
      I think I'm checking for DC, but uploaded a photo just in case. Its weird, it looks like the voltage continues to drop over time after the reset.
      Attached Files

Comment

You've confirmed that you bought the AM module yourself and the part number seems to check out. Was the control panel supplied by some third party supplier. Assuming that your software is v2.5 or greater and it's definitely a Concord 4 and not some other model, as varsc stated it could well be a bad AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stain View Post
          I think I'm checking for DC, but uploaded a photo just in case. Its weird, it looks like the voltage continues to drop over time after the reset.
          Sure does sound like a bad AM. Odd since RS232 drivers are pretty robust and designed to handle direct shorts. The next step (albeit not the cheapest) is to get another AM board as most everything points to the board right now.

Z

Comment

I've been following along and sense it's pointing to the AM. I do have a concern and it might be just the images angle but I don't like the long tails here either. I would use ring terminals or clip these shorter so they can't contact another component.

Matt

EDIT1: For a sanity check, test the MM against a 9v battery or a AA or whatever you have to make sure MM works correctly. HF stuff is OK, just want to make sure.

EDIT2: I guess I haven't been reading fully. The Concord PI is working in one direction now (COM14? - Port 2). HSPI to AM to Panel communication works but not Panel to AM to HS.

EDIT3: Can we have a ss of your Edgeport driver loaded? Mine shows Digi International 5/5/2010 : 5.30.2.0

EDIT4: OK. I just checked my settings on the Edgeport and my parity = None. Go figure it works OK. I would still do "odd". Also, since Edgeport connects thru USB, make sure there is an entry for Edgeport under USB Serial Port and check the properties that correspond to that USB connection (9600, 8,Odd,1,None). That driver is FTDI, 9/28/2016, 2.12.24.0. Also check the USB advanced tab and make sure Receive/Transmit bytes are 4096 & Serial Enumerator is only checked off.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mattm55; June 12, 2017, 11:28 AM. Reason: Test MM

Comment

Stain did you manage to successfully connect with your AM or did you opt for purchasing a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
                Stain did you manage to successfully connect with your AM or did you opt for purchasing a replacement.
                Yeah, maybe hasn't had the time to get back to the install? Much like me with owing the updated HS3 doc.

Matt

Comment

Increasing baud rate

I found the advise in this thread helpful but unfortunately the tips didn't resolve my issue and I was thinking I might have bought a dud AM or USB - RS232 cable. I was using the documented 9600 baud, 8 data bits, odd parity that people have referenced above (also in the manual). I used a free program called Termite to test the connection and was noticing it was returning the results below however the Concord plugin was still "NOT Connected to Concord Panel

Comment

Is the plugin operational with the AM at that speed. I'd be surprised if it was. Have you fully tested it yet. Sounds like you may run into timing problems/false alarms. I suggest you check out the GE Concord RS 232 Protocol manual. Search in the forum for it. It will translate those hex codes you received. 9600 is definitely the speed setting used for communication between the plugin and the AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X