New to HS3Pro, need setup advise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to HS3Pro, need setup advise.

Hi all, just installed HS3 Pro a few days ago along with the Zwave SmartStick +... we have a lot of Zwave devices and want to make sure I'm installing and setting HS3 up the correct way so we dont have to go back and change everything.

Looking at the Youtube videos and images and so on, I'm a bit confused on how to setup the way the new devices (nodes) come into the system.

Already went to Tools>Setup>Custom>Location 2 Label and changed that to Category.

I go to Plug-ins>Zwave>Controller Management>SmartStick+>Actions>Add/Include a Node> I then add the device and it installs into the system.

I then go to Home and the device entered an array of items. The categories say a "Node 3"(then Node 4 and so on) and the Rooms say Zwave.

Should I select all the items it created and bulk change the Category and Room names to the correct locations? i.e. Category: Lights, Room: Kitchen? Or what is the best way to do this because in the videos all the items that a device brings into the system are different.

I'm going to be using HSTouch to design the system and Alexa to control as well if that makes a difference. Thanks all!

Yes you can change the Floor and Room (or what ever you renamed) to what will make it clear to you where the device is.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

In the top left corner of the home page you can select all or select alot of the devices and change the room or floor to meet your needs. I only have a single story house so for me the floor is usually device type (lights, motion, weather, camera, door, ect.) and then the room is what ever room it's in or a "Virtual" room.

Comment

Where do you guys set the name of the device? Example... Motion Detector: Kitchen or Front Door Lock?

Do you put it on the top item called "No Status" and just change the name?

Comment

Just change the name.

[ATTACH]65072[/ATTACH]

Here is an example using a humidity sensor.

Note that you will not break anything.
          Last edited by Pete; December 11, 2017, 07:39 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X