Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leave value of device unchanged in profile?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave value of device unchanged in profile?

Hi! I have one scene that controls downstairs lighting. In most cases, I'd like to set each device in a scene to a specific value; however, I have a case where I'd like to the value to remain whatever it is (i.e. no change).

For example, for a Movie Mode profile I turn off most lights and dim others. However, for a Dining Mode I'd like to control most of the same lights, but leave any lights in my family room alone.

I know can probably do this with multiple scenes, but most of the devices would be the same and it would be much easier to just have a "No Change" option along with the standard On, Last Level, Off, etc. choices.

Also, the Change If Higher or Change If Lower options seem logical, but these are not profile specific.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks!!

Any ideas on this? Is this more of an enhancement request or is there a work-around. Thanks!

Comment

+1 for this feature request. I haven't found any way to achive what you're describing.

Comment

Hi. I am working on this right now. I just want to verify the feature request. In the 'Scene Device Values' you would like an 'ignore' option in addition to the devices normal values? E.g. in the image under Scene Value an option of '--No Change--' (or something similar) would be available. Correct?
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, exactly.

Comment

Thank you. I implemented this and it will be in the next release (looking at sometime this month as I have some more feature work to complete).

Comment

I have updated to version 1.2.2.0 but I'm not seeing this change. I'm I missing something?

Comment

My apologies, I'm still testing the changes so the version you mentioned does not include them. I can provide a private copy in a few days if you are open to testing as well.

Comment

Hello. Any updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by wcross View Post
                    Hello. Any updates on this?
                    You can grab the latest from the below link. Place the file in your HomeSeer directory, then update your listing on the interfaces page. Just finished some more optimizations. Cpu usage down considerably in this version.

http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt

Comment

The "no change" option would be very helpful. It would simplify my events/scenes a whole lot. Any date on the release of the update?

UPDATE: Just saw your Beta Testing note and downloaded v1.4.4.0. At first glance it appears to be working well :-)

Comment

Is 1.4.4.0 the latest ??

TIA
                        DEM

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
                          Is 1.4.4.0 the latest ??

TIA
                          DEM
                          1.5.5 is the latest. Updater file here: http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...r_override.txt Wasn't in the HS updater as I have been dealing with some bugs that turned out to be in HS but since I wasn't sure I didn't want to release. I re-wrote a section of code for HS and they should be releasing it soon, but this version is compatible back to the 3xx build series of HS3.

Comment

Working...
                          X