Not all devices are updating on CT-80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all devices are updating on CT-80

Eric - I recently noticed that several devices for my CT-80 are not updating - current temperature, fan state, and thermostat state (they haven't updated since 12/18/2016). The other fields seem to update as expected when I change them from 1) an event, 2) the HS3 Device Management screen, or 3) from HSTouch3 (default Android template). The current Temperature stays at 68F, the fan state stays at off, and the thermostat state stays at idle - at all three places - even though they change on the thermostat. These appear to be status devices provided from the CT-80?

How can I help debug this?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

FWIW

As a follow-up I also noticed that if I make a change at the thermostat (i.e. change the setpoint) it does not reflect back in the GUI Device Management page nor at the HSTouch screen.
    Steve

Comment

Hey, sorry for the late reply (Holidays had me out of town). Are you running the latest version of the plugin? I know there was a bug in the previous versions that caused the exact issue you are experiencing. Also you may help by doing the following:

Find your thermostat's IP address and goto http://insert-IP-here/tstat

It should return a string such as below

Code:
      {"temp":66.50,"tmode":2,"fmode":0,"override":0,"hold":0,"t_cool":76.00,"tstate":0,"fstate":0,"time":{"day":1,"hour":8,"minute":38},"t_type_post":0}
      Try doing a reset of the thermostat by opening the top panel and pushing the reset button. Mine did this a while back as well and it turned out the thermostat wasn't responding.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
        ... Are you running the latest version of the plugin? ...
        I am running version 1.0.16322.107

... Also you may help by doing the following:

Find your thermostat's IP address and goto http://insert-IP-here/tstat
        The string returned was
        Code:
        {"temp":65.50,"tmode":1,"fmode":0,"override":0,"hold":0,"t_heat":62.00,"program_mode":1,"tstate":0,"fstate":0,"time":{"day":1,"hour":9,"minute":2},"t_type_post":0}
        ... Try doing a reset of the thermostat by opening the top panel and pushing the reset button...
        That didn't make any difference

Also stopping and restarting the plugin didn't make any difference.

What would you like me to try next?

Thanks
        Steve

Comment

It has now started working

I just noticed that it has started working since my last post. I guess I'll keep an eye on it...

Thanks Eric.
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
            I just noticed that it has started working since my last post. I guess I'll keep an eye on it...

Thanks Eric.
            Glad the reset helped. Let me know if you have further issues.

Comment

Also, in my investigations, I have found some issues in the plugin as well. I'll be posting an update within the next couple days to address these issues.

Comment

It stopped again

Eric - I noticed this morning that the fields were not updating again. Resetting the thermostat did not help, but bouncing the plugin took care of it.

FYI
                Steve

Comment

Eric - I noticed this morning that the fields were not updating again. Resetting the thermostat did not help, but bouncing the plugin took care of it.

FYI
                  Yes, I'm working on a fix.

Comment

Are you getting the following entries in your log file

Code:
                    RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.

Comment

Are you getting the following entries in your log file

Code:
                      RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
                      I have 2 from the 3rd, and 4 from yesterday, but none on the dates it quit responding (i.e. Friday the 6th), and it is still responding so far today despite the 4 warnings from yesterday.
                      Code:
                      Jan-08 11:53:13 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
                      Jan-08 11:51:13 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
                      Jan-08 4:01:32 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
                      Jan-08 3:59:25 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
                      Jan-03 2:24:25 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
                      Jan-03 2:21:56 PM	 	RadioThermostat	Thermostat with IP: 172.16.0.136 is not responding after 4 retries, please check the thermostat.
                      Thanks
                      Last edited by spknapp; January 9, 2017, 10:25 AM. Reason: edit
                      Steve

Comment

I have posted a new version that should address the issues. Try it out and let me know.

Comment

I have posted a new version that should address the issues. Try it out and let me know.
                          I downloaded and installed your new version last night. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Thanks
                          Steve

Comment

Eric - I noticed the plugin again stopped updating from the thermostat. I have been running the latest version, 1.0.17015.114, since I spotted it in the updater on 1/18. The last update from the thermostat was on 1/24 at 2:40PM. There is nothing in the log indicating problems around that time. It appears that my events still update the thermostat as scheduled.

Restarting the plugin starts communication again.

What can I do to help debug this for you?

Thanks
                            Steve

Comment

Still happening

Eric - I noticed the plugin again stopped updating from the thermostat. I have been running the latest version, 1.0.17015.114, since I spotted it in the updater on 1/18. The last update from the thermostat was on 1/24 at 2:40PM. There is nothing in the log indicating problems around that time. It appears that my events still update the thermostat as scheduled.

Restarting the plugin starts communication again.

What can I do to help debug this for you?

Thanks
                              I am having to bounce the plugin every few days. Any progress on fixing this problem?

Thanks
                              Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X