Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerting when there is a system trouble reported

Hi Spud
    One of my wireless sensors (a wireless smoke detector) is reporting a low battery on my DSC panel, and I was wondering if there would be a way for the plugin to trigger and event on this condition.
    I know there is a trigger for system battery trouble, but it would be great if I can trigger on other trouble conditions as well.
    Any ideas would be appreciated!

Actually I just had a look at the user manual again and there are several triggers for trouble conditions (bell, AC, fire, tamper, etc) but I don't see anything specific to sensor battery low conditions.
    Would the "Trouble LED On" be a catch-all that I could trigger on?
    If yes, then would I be able to get any more detailed info about what turned on the Trouble LED?

Comment

bump?

I see that if I enable debug mode on the logs that I can get more specific trouble information, but don't think I want to leave it always in debug mode.

Hi Spud - would it be possible to create a trigger based on low battery zone condition? Or any other ideas you might have would be helpful.

Comment

what do you see in your debug logs?

I just checked the API doc, there is a "Verbose Trouble Status" message, that could be used to implement a trigger:
        Verbose Trouble Status: This command is issued when a trouble appears on the system and roughly every 5 minutes until the trouble is cleared. The two characters are a bitfield (similar to 510,511). The meaning of each bit is the same as what you see on an LED keypad (see the user manual). They are
        bit 0 = Service is Required
        bit 1 = AC Power Lost
        bit 2 = Telephone Line Fault
        bit 3 = Failure to Communicate
        bit 4 = Sensor/Zone Fault
        bit 5 = Sensor/Zone Tamper
        bit 6 = Sensor/Zone Low Battery
        bit 7 = Loss of Time
        However that trigger would be fired every 5 minutes (until battery is replaced), and would not allow to tell which zone is causing the trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          what do you see in your debug logs?

I just checked the API doc, there is a "Verbose Trouble Status" message, that could be used to implement a trigger:

However that trigger would be fired every 5 minutes (until battery is replaced), and would not allow to tell which zone is causing the trouble.
          Hi Spud, this would really be appreciated!
          I'm seeing this in my log, does this correspond to Sensor/Zone Low Battery?

DEBUG VerboseTroubleStatus 40

I can live with triggering every 5 minutes. I can have an event increment a counter with every trigger, and then alert me when the counter hits a certain value (say once a day) and then reset the counter.

Comment

Hi Spud - I was thinking about another possibility - do you know if it's possible to change the log level of the plugin programmatically? This way I can trigger on a "trouble LED", put the logs into debug mode for, say, 10 minutes, scrape the logs for the trouble details, and then put the logs back into INFO mode.
            This would eliminate the need to keep the logs in debug mode indefinitely.

OR - if you could expose the "VerboseTroubleStatus XX" value into the INFO logs that would be even better. I could then parse the "XX" into the appropriate trouble conditions myself.

What do you think?

Comment

I think adding a trigger based on the "Verbose Trouble status" message would be more user friendly.

Comment

Yes I would have to agree :-)

Can I kindly ask that you add this to the plugin?

Comment

will do

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    will do
                    Thank you very much!

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.35 available here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...91#post1074491

the new trigger type is called "Verbose Trouble Status" and then you can choose on which specific trouble you want to trigger.

Please test and let me know, thanks!

Comment

Hey Spud, thank you so much for this update!!
                        Unfortunately I'm getting an error in my log, see below. To create a trouble condition, I unplugged my panel battery. Let me know if you need more info.

Code:
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO _Partition 1 status change: Ready
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG KeypadLedStatePartition1Only 91
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG PartitionReady 1
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG KeypadLedflashStatePartition1Only 00
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	ERROR ResponseHandler::EventOccured(): Value was either too large or too small for an unsigned byte.
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG Stack: at System.Convert.ToByte(String value, Int32 fromBase) at HSPI_ENVISALINK.Triggers.ExecuteTrigger(ResponseCommand cmd, String partition, String zone, Int32 userID, TroubleStatusFlags flags) at HSPI_ENVISALINK.ResponseHandler.EventOccured(IResponse response, IReciever r)
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG KeypadLedStatePartition1Only 80
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG KeypadLedflashStatePartition1Only 10
                        May-18 11:58:29 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG VerboseTroubleStatus 01
                        May-18 11:58:23 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG TroubleLedon 4
                        May-18 11:58:23 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG TroubleLedon 2
                        May-18 11:58:23 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG TroubleLedon 3
                        May-18 11:58:23 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG TroubleLedon 1
                        May-18 11:58:23 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG KeypadLedStatePartition1Only 91
                        May-18 11:58:22 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG PanelBatteryTrouble 0
                        May-18 11:57:41 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000
                        May-18 11:57:41 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG Request: Poll
                        May-18 11:55:41 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000
                        May-18 11:55:41 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG Request: Poll
                        May-18 11:55:24 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO _Partition 1 status change: Ready
                        May-18 11:55:24 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO Motion Front Entrance status change: Closed
                        May-18 11:55:24 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG PartitionReady 1
                        May-18 11:55:24 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG ZoneRestored 013
                        May-18 11:55:19 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO _Partition 1 status change: Ready - Force Arming Enabled
                        May-18 11:55:19 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG PartitionReadyForceArmingEnabled 1
                        May-18 11:55:19 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO Motion Front Entrance status change: Opened
                        May-18 11:55:19 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG ZoneOpen 013
                        May-18 11:55:16 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO _Partition 1 status change: Ready
                        May-18 11:55:16 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG PartitionReady 1
                        May-18 11:55:16 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO Motion Basement status change: Closed
                        May-18 11:55:16 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG ZoneRestored 022
                        May-18 11:55:13 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG TroubleLedoff 4
                        May-18 11:55:13 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG TroubleLedoff 3
                        May-18 11:55:13 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG TroubleLedoff 1
                        May-18 11:55:13 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG TroubleLedoff 2
                        May-18 11:55:13 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG KeypadLedStatePartition1Only 81
                        May-18 11:55:12 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG PanelBatteryTroubleRestore 0
                        May-18 11:55:11 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO _Partition 1 status change: Ready - Force Arming Enabled
                        May-18 11:55:11 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG PartitionReadyForceArmingEnabled 1
                        May-18 11:55:11 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO Motion Basement status change: Opened
                        May-18 11:55:11 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG ZoneOpen 022
                        May-18 11:53:41 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG CommandAcknowledge 000
                        May-18 11:53:41 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG Request: Poll
                        May-18 11:53:09 PM	 	EnvisaLink	INFO _Partition 1 status change: Ready
                        May-18 11:53:09 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG KeypadLedStatePartition1Only 91
                        May-18 11:53:09 PM	 	EnvisaLink	DEBUG PartitionReady 1

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdom View Post
                          Hey Spud, thank you so much for this update!!
                          Unfortunately I'm getting an error in my log, see below. To create a trouble condition, I unplugged my panel battery. Let me know if you need more info.

This error is fixed in version 3.0.0.36: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161219

Note that if you unplug your panel battery, the trouble you will get is "ServiceIsRequired" not "SensorZoneLowBattery"

Comment

Thanks again for a fast fix! I'll give it a try and will let you know.

Comment

Hey Spud - Apologies for the long delay in responding, but indeed this is working fine. I came to start another thread and realized I hadn't followed up here.
                              Cheers, Dom

Comment

Working...
                              X